ProMotions

ProMotions Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced work place
Kognitive Marketing (Current Employee), WindsorSeptember 3, 2014
With a 1.5 apps/hour, working 8 hours a day one should reach 12 apps a day. This is conducted by approaching each customer entering the store.
Some of the things I learned is to always keep pushing until your goals are met.
One of the hardest things in this job is dealing with the many rejections the employees get, for example: approaching 200 customers – more... to only get between 10-12 approvals.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with random people and striking a conversation with them. – less
fun job
Coordinator (Former Employee), Etobicoke, OntarioMarch 11, 2014
Pros: travelling
Cons: low pay
I was part of a marketing team at Ontario Pork. I learned how farmers operate and that farming is the backbone. My co-workers helped me to appreciate my job and how necessary I was to the team. The hardest part of my job was the low pay and no possibility of advancement. The most enjoyable part was the tradeshows, conventions and dealing directly with – more... the farmers. – less
Demonstrating products is fun and challenging.
Demonstrator (Former Employee), Kingston, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: too short
I enjoyed my short contract with ProMotions. It was fa fun work environment.
Communications is KEY!
Marketing (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 5, 2012
Pros: perks perks perks
Cons: traveling and the unknown
There is no typical day everyday was different and exciting.
Learned to problem solve, communicate, reports
Hardest part and most enjoyable is never knowing what the nest day had instore.
Co-workers are the best!
always new experiences, along with meeting new people
promotional model (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 22, 2012
Pros: the pay is great and you are always doing something different
Cons: not garaunteed jobs as it is by contract, it is very slow in the winter
My co-workers always change and sometimes i work alone, it depends on the job. I have promoted new product on the streets of Vancouver and surrey, i have also worked events, and merchandized for cellphone companies. the hours are usually very flexible, you just have to make sure you finish the task by the time the store closes. The hardest part of the – more... job is trying to get people to engage with you when they aren't interested. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and always having a new experience. – less
Promotions
marketing Manager/House DJ Mama's Country Showcase (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaSeptember 15, 2014
I promoted several venues and events! I was also the resident DJ
Excellent Job
Promoter (Former Employee), Umhlanga, South AfricaSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: being in a lovely environment.
Cons: too much staff
Going into work was always so much fun as everyone was always in a good mood, and things were always planned excellently.
Full on standing job
Sales (Former Employee), Dubai, DUAugust 21, 2014
Had to co-ordinate with people of different nationalities face to face.
Had to sell products.
Learnt to convince people to buy products
Educational and inspiring
Marketing/Public Service Director (Former Employee), Temple, TXAugust 4, 2014
Pros: brainstorming with a team of creative, fun, inspiring people
Cons: being micro managed at times.
This was a very exciting job. I learned a great deal from both owners who were complete opposites. Brain storming with the owners, art director, and sales staff was fun. Presenting creative marketing ideas to clients was gut wrenching and rewarding.
The hardest part of the job was being micro managed by one of the owners. He was a controlling personality – more... and was constantly hanging over my shoulder. The most enjoyable part of the job was being a part of a group effort to land a new client. – less
Great time working here
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), atlanta, gaMay 22, 2014
Enjoyed this company, learned a lot about promotions and human resources.
Promotions Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 14, 2014
Pros: free product
Cons: not paid for mileage
Knowing the product thoroughly, answering any questions customers may have about the product I am sampling. Independent Contractor. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers and hearing there feedback.
Promote new merchandise
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee), Puerto RicoMay 9, 2014
It is a day with a lot of work.
I learned to how to interact with people.
Managers help much.
My coworkers were excellent.
The hardest part was being all day under the sun with the products.
The best thing was that you could carry goods to you by either the manager.
productive workplace
Customer service (Former Employee), sharjah, expo centerMarch 24, 2014
Pros: productivity
Cons: salary
over all good working experience
but the salalry was reduced to half at payment time
Always enjoyable
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Virginia BeachMarch 18, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, dynamic environment
Cons: no consistent schedule
Working in promotions allows me to continue to improve my customer service skills, allows me to interact with the public, yet still pursue my personal and educational goals.
Working events was exhausting but, it was also a lot of fun. I have alway enjoyed feeding off the energy of crowds, it pumps me up.
MC performances, driver and security for Artist (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, Tampa and various other locationsMarch 5, 2014
Pros: it was really fun to work with the public and crowd.
Cons: the attitudes of some artist, and having to deal with the bad behavior of an attendee could be troublesome, lack of income between assignments, and having compensation difficulties was very frustrating.
My typical day involved checking in with my boss, the artist and or mgmt. at the venue. This was to better determine exactly what needed to be done, to make each days event or performance a great suggest. Most business events started in the mornings, while most artist performance were at nights.
With business event evenings were for mostly for reflecting, – more... analyzing and organizing for the function or behind the scene functions (travel, setting up, breaking downing etc. ). These duties highly affected the success of events and achieving the goals.
As with artist performances (nights normally), the day hour were mainly to maintain the artist condition (meals, appointment, rest, etc.). Making sure the artist is in peak condition for performances and for meeting their day obligations were my primary duties. – less
What you learned
90.1 FM radio assitant (Former Employee), Indiana, PAFebruary 24, 2014
Promotions/ Marketing in a radio station that managed over four main stations
Productive and fun workplace
Monster Energy MAT Tampa member (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2014
Great job and fun. Worked a lot of concerts and sporting events. Sales requests to promote product. Set up and tear down of tents, tables, etc.
Best Foot Forward
Brand Ambassador - Team Manager - Team Lead (Current Employee), Louisville, KyJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: active, team, networking, exciting
Cons: staff is late, staff doesn't follow through, the weather can be
At work I take the time to plan out the week for me and my staff. Any last minute changes requested by my boss I accept and make it work. Once an event is planned, I locate staff who may be interested in working. I setup logistic, coordination meeting locations, and map our day. Team starts their day doing whatever event we've got happening. We socialize, – more... I take pictures, and we stay upbeat and friendly.

At the end of the event I upload pictures that were taken during the event and upload them into an event recap. The event recap also reports the demographics, location, date, and a short summary of how our day went. What was successful? What was unsuccessful?

The most enjoyable part of my job is being a part of a team, helping to make great things happen, and giving them feedback on a job well done. The hardest thing to do letting a co-worker know that they will no longer be working with our company. – less
flexible job with good money
Event Assistant & Store Clerk (Former Employee), Ozark, ARJanuary 26, 2014
I enjoyed this job and it's flexibility. Always something new and different to work on.
A typical day at work
Free Agent (Current Employee), Carolina, Puerto RicoJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: it was a flexible job
Cons: delay on payments
I used to work at promotions and giving flyers to people. On a typical day we had a reunion on a crucial point, our boss used to give us he flyers and we gave them to people

1 2 3