RCI Electrical Services, a division of Casman Group of Companies, has an
immediate opening for an Electrical Estimator.
Experience working in an industrial capacity within Canada is required. This position has the option to be headquartered in Edmonton with some travel up to Fort McMurray. Please read the following job description details for additional information.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Electrical Estimator calculates tenders for customers that ensure the company receives an adequate return on the resources employed. The estimator prepares tender prices from the architect's or engineer’s drawings and the bill of quantities supplied by the client. In the Planning and Scheduling role, they are responsible for maintaining updated schedules and assisting field personnel in planning labour and manpower.
· Provide training, mentorship and guidance to assigned personnel in the preparation, revision, and production of cost estimates.
· Review takeoffs provided by the Estimating Department, checking for mathematical and technical accuracy
· Review bid package blueprints and drawings
· Prepare material takeoffs on the more complex projects, using drawings / plans that may be incomplete to some degree
· Calculate quantity take-off detailing all the materials and supplies necessary for the contract to achieve specification
· Liaise with suppliers and collect quotes on materials
· Estimate cost of labour and equipment
· Schedule time frame for required labour, equipment, and materials, and sub-contractual arrangements
· Attend pre-bid meetings for clarification
· Responsible for the quantity survey, the unit pricing, the general conditions cost managing of the work, the application of overhead, and setting the proposal language or “Terms and Conditions”
· Calculate a final figure for the estimated cost, supplemented by adjustments for overheads and profit
· Present bid package with tender price for clients following their specifications
· Revise bid packages and prepare addendums as needed
· Track actual costs against the estimate and identify possible improvements to processes.
· When contracts are won, roll job estimates into Timberline accounting system for future monitoring and storing costs to improve the accuracy of future pricing
· Update work schedules on a weekly basis
· Interact with field personnel to assist in planning labour and manpower requirements.
· Personal vehicle used for travel to site when required.
· Perform a variety of tasks as assigned of a similar nature or level.
· Equipment used: computer, printer, scanner, photocopier, fax and calculator
· Completion of a C.E.T. designation and 4 or more years of experience in the field or a related area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
· Highly skilled and proficient in the use of Primavera.
· Ability to work well with others, excellent computer skills, able to work with minimal supervision under tight time constraints.