We are searching for an Intermediate level IT Technical Support Specialist on behalf of our Federal Government client located in the National Capital Region. This will be an opportunity to join a team of motivated and knowledgeable specialists to provide remote customer service and support to end users at 190 locations world-wide.
- Troubleshoot, resolve or escalate hardware and software related problems associated with various departmental IM/IT tools such as desktops, laptops, Blackberry/Playbook, Printers, scanners, remote connections/network access, and virtual private networks.
- Maintain knowledge and provide support for office automation tools such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook
- Take responsibility for client incidents and requests for assistance received by telephone, e-mail, website or other means and for updating the information related to these incidents/requests into the departmental incident and problem tracking systems (BMC Remedy).
- Manage client system access for both classified and unclassified networks as well as the administration and maintenance of RSA SecureID Tokens and RSA SecureID Tokens client accounts.
- Format and install operating systems and/or software as required by the client;
- Document and escalate incidents/requests in the departmental incident and problem tracking systems (BMC Remedy)
- Current and Valid Security Clearance of Secret (Level II)
- Fluent in English
- 2 years of experience providing technical support and coaching to network account clients on the use of commercial software.
- 2 years of experience configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting RIM Blackberries
- 2 years of experience logging calls, using asset management/call tracking software and troubleshooting software, hardware or networks.
- 2 years of experience supporting MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- 2 years of experience with Microsoft Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop tools and support.
To apply, please forward your resume, in MS word format September 5, 2014 indicating the reference number; J- KSA in the subject line of the e-mail. All resumes will be considered, however, only those candidates that clearly meet the requirements will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.