Prolucid Technologies has an exciting opportunity for a flexible and versatile Software Engineer to be involved in the development of the next generation of leading edge smart grid and microgrid management technology. The successful candidate will work as part of the core team setting the direction and designing the solution for this exciting effort. This is a full time position in our Mississauga office.
Demonstrated experience working in a professional software development environment, with real-world experience in structured software development or formal QA will be critical in this role. The areas of focus will be diverse, and could include HMI (user interface), server application development, database storage, and embedded programming, likely across a number of development environments (LabVIEW, C/C++, and C#). As part of a small team, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including coding, testing, debugging, and assisting with hardware configuration.
This position has the opportunity to grow into an intermediate level, dedicated software development role for the right candidate.
Three key attributes are required:
1. Engineering Excellence – You strive to gain a deep understanding of the projects you are working on and the tasks that you are assigned. You use this understanding to deliver a quality end result that is safe, efficient, and complete.
2. Technological Vision – You leverage your in-depth knowledge and keen interest in your chosen area of expertise to architect world class solutions. You champion this knowledge through personal development and collaboration with your colleagues.
3. Versatility – You demonstrate the strong desire and ability to understand the customer domain and the customer’s potentially complex engineering needs; the willingness and ability to quickly learn new technologies and applications; and the flexibility to switch between projects as needs and requirements change.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Executing software development tasks in various languages (LabVIEW, C#, or C/C++) and for various purposes (embedded solutions, server systems, database storage, web presentation) as directed by a senior developer.
- Software testing, debugging, and feature upgrades.
- Hardware assembly, installation, and configuration
- Customer site visits for installation, configuration, validation, and testing
- Participating in requirement gathering and design sessions, and thoroughly documenting these requirements
- Learning new technologies and taking relevant training to expand your skill set and capability
- Working with the product manager, lead architect and solution team to design the architecture for targeted systems
- Working with the Prolucid Management team to ensure client and project success
The ideal candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software, Systems or Computer Engineering with excellent grades
- A minimum of 2 years of software design and development experience or QA experience from coop or post graduate jobs
- Versatility to switch between tasks, and manage priorities and demands appropriately
- Real world experience with some combination of C/C++/C#, .Net, SQL, Java, GUI development, LabVIEW, MATLAB
- Experience with various stages of product development in data intensive, large scale systems like SCADA, real time investment and trading platforms, large scale booking systems, or banking systems would be an asset
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- A demonstrated ability to work with minimal direction
Prolucid develops embedded software solutions to transform our clients’ technology into market ready products. We get involved in all aspects of the solution, from early prototyping and design validation, to development of the commercial product and on-going support. Our clients come from all industries, turning to us for our project and technology expertise. As a member of the Prolucid team, you are encouraged to take responsibility for your projects, make your own decisions and hold yourself accountable for the results. Prolucid is looking for candidates that share the values and passion we have for our clients’ success. Prolucid was listed on the Profit Hot 50 in 2011 and won the BDO Business Value Award for the impact we have on our clients’ business.
Prolucid specializes in developing Medical Devices and Energy sector products. We have recently received funding to develop made-in-Ontario Smart Grid Technology for the power industry. This is a multi-year project that will generate unique IP for the company, which will be commercialized by our spin-off company, Prolucid LocalGrid Technologies. This project creates an excellent opportunity to get involved at the beginning of building a new company and a new industry in Canada.
To learn more about Prolucid follow the links below: