Business Systems Analyst
Project X Ltd. is a boutique advisory, systems integration and support firm with a focus on the Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence domain. We assist our clients in gaining deep insights about their business through their data. These insights enable out client to improve (and sometime transform!) their business through increased revenue, reduced costs and lower risks. Our work is rewarding because we are having a real impact.
Business Systems Analyst will work with the business primes and the technology teams to understand and document source systems, data models, document/profile data and workflows for operations and application. Ensuring that the proper level of understanding of the requirements creates the understanding required for the technical teams to accomplish their designs tasks.
⇨ Focus on the requirements to the solution first. And then talk about source systems, etc..
The Business System Analyst will also provide continuity of support through the development phase, work with the business primes in the testing phases and support the deployment of the solution.
- Create detailed business and functional requirements documents and own document updates and reviews throughout the project lifecycle
- Ability to extract client requirements using business analysis techniques, facilitate both team and client meetings
- Ability to quickly understand the business issues and data challenges of client's organization and industry
- Perform gap analysis against business requirements
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner, being the voice of the business requirements
- Ideally experience with both Agile and Waterfall methods
- Develop specifications for reporting data marts.
- Lead testing initiative: create test plan, test scenarios and test data
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills
- A demonstrated ability to interact with a variety of end-users and business clients
- Possesses understanding in the areas of BI reporting, database and system design
- Strong analytical and problem solving capability with excellent attention to detail
- Capacity to assign priorities to multiple competing and important activities under tight deadlines
- Practical approach vs. theoretical knowledge
- Experience in Oracle, SQL Server or Teradata environments
- Experience in MicroStrategy, Cognos or Business Objects environments would be helpful
- Knowledge of SQL and ability to write basic queries
- Strong data and process modeling and analysis skills gained on Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence projects
- Excellent communication skills - both written & verbal. Bilingual in French a definite asset.
- Post secondary Degree - preferably Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent combination of education & work experience.
Project X is a company where everyone has a voice. We are given plenty of opportunity to try new approaches to our work and are always looking for improvements. We have a very fluid structure and you will have direct access to the owners of the company.