Intermediate Mechanical Drafter
Our client is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction and technical services focusing on resource management, infrastructure and the environment. The Company serves its clients by providing solutions to fundamental needs for water, environmental and alternative energy services. Its solutions span the entire life cycle of the project and include applied science, research and technology, engineering, design, construction management, construction, operations and maintenance, and information technology.
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Job Type: Full time
The Intermediate Mechanical Drafter will provide technical support to the Winnipeg office on a wide variety of projects, including industrial, food & beverage, manufacturing, transportation, and infrastructure. The individual selected for this opportunity will work closely with project teams to understand and deliver on client needs.
For maximum success in this role, candidates should have 3-5 years of mechanical design drafting experience, vast knowledge of AutoCAD, efficient REVIT skills or willingness to learn,and ideally knowledge of the Food and Beverage industry. We seek people who are proud of their work, and who go the distance to ensure both accuracy and on time delivery. In return we provide excellent opportunities for professional development and advancement.
- Work closely with senior designers, engineers, and other drafting specialists on projects that include industrial ventilation, process piping, building services (HVAC, plumbing and fire protection), material handling, fuel transfer systems, and other mechanical systems;
- Develop mechanical drawings and schedules using AutoCAD and/or REVIT. Drawings sets include preliminary, schematic, general arrangement, P&ID’s, and detail design tender, and construction drawings for a wide range of clients (including transportation, light to medium industrial buildings, food processing);
- Visit site to conduct surveys of existing mechanical systems;
- Participate in design team meetings to achieve optimal design and value for the client;
- Maintain familiarity with current techniques, industry developments, etc.;
- Actively work at improving drafting skills and increase current knowledge of mechanical design.
- 3-5 years of experience working in design for industrial settings, preferably in a consulting environment;
- Certificate in Mechanical Drafting from a recognized college or training institute;
- Strong technical, organizational, coordination, and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team across various locations;
- Desire to develop skills and expand career;
- Demonstrated experience with office software such as MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.);
- Willingness to work in the field as necessary;
- Travel for short durations may be required
The following qualifications and skills would be considered an asset:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology;
- 3D Drafting Capability with AutoCAD, Revit, MEP, or CADWorx
- Mechanical design experience
- Drafting experience in architectural, structural, or electrical
PTAG is a result driven staffing firm, dedicated to providing its North American clients with qualified Leadership, Engineering, Construction and Project Management professionals, to help them achieve their business goals.
Our Clients are leaders in the Energy, Oil & Gas, Mining and Minerals and Infrastructure Industries. Our Candidates are leaders in their areas of expertise each with a history of making positive economic impacts on all of their full time or contract assignments.
To Apply: Applicants are asked to apply to the attached link if interested in this role.
Indeed - 2 years ago
SR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Boge & Boge (1980) Ltd. & Diaser Management (2006) Ltd.
Boge & Boge
- 30+ days ago
Design / Drafter
- 30+ days ago