Progressive Waste Solutions

Progressive Waste Solutions Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Garbage Truck Driver - Progressive Waste
Garbage Truck Driver (Current Employee), Vernon BCJune 10, 2014
A typical day would be picking up garbage while having great customer service. Most of my co-workers are not very helpful. The hardest part of my job is picking up cans around 200 pounds. Most enjoyable part of my job is working outside.
poor company moral, don't appreciate their employees, high staff turnover in sales and managment, poor communication skills btwn mgmnt and staff
outside sales (Former Employee), bcMay 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits
This company promises the moon and doesn't deliver. Constantly hiking up rates and expecting sales staff to lie to keep current clients and if they cant keep the client or have to reduce rates the employee suffers by losing commissions. Roll-backs and losses are taken off the commissions of the sales staff...you want to work for company that works against – more... good human morals...work for progressive waste. – less
Stay Away
Outside Sales Rep (Current Employee), Coquitlam BCDecember 16, 2013
Pros: decent salary and suburb location.
Cons: culture, micromanagement, lack of technology, 5 year contracts
unrealistic targets that are trying to be achieved through micromanagement. Company relies on doing several price increases per year to achieve their results. No value add when it comes to garbage sales as customers want cheapest prices and dont care who hauls it. local senior management does not address the real issues. this company works in the dark – more... with no technology for staff. honestly this company has not evolved since the 80's. – less
Its a fun environment
Commercial Driver (Current Employee), Leesville, LAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: short breaks and time consuming
Since working at said job I've seen a lot of people come and go. This job isn't for everyone. It takes hard work and endurance and in some cases during inclement weather. The people are fun to work with and good hearted. A typical day consists of getting your assigned truck and route destination. Once destination is made then pick up your assigned route – more... and get done in a timely fashion. You have to be observant with your surroundings because this job can be very dangerous. You have to be aware. The hardest part of the job is watching for traffic and children especially after school or during the summer months. The most enjoyable is the people I work with. – less
Overall a good company to work for
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), West Nyack, NYSeptember 2, 2014
Very fast paced environment, Management sucks but there's a lot to do and the day goes by fast. the co-workers mostly keep to them selves, this isn't the company for the guys to go get a drink or go bowling after work.
Awful !!!!!!!
Customer Service (call center) (Former Employee), Bridge City / Westwego, LouisianaAugust 25, 2014
I worked at Progress Waste in Bridge City / Westwego, Louisiana over a year ago in the call center as a contract employee. The female manager that ran the call center was very unprofessional, no knowledge what so ever about business, always kept a boot in her mouth, she was not approachable at all.
Stressful place to work
Residential Dispatcher/Scale operator (Current Employee), Iowa, LAJuly 7, 2014
I love my co-workers, we always have a blast. Very stressful place to work, constantly getting phones calls with complaints.
I enjoyed working for this company
Mechanic, Mechanics Helper, and Route Helper (Former Employee), Hampton, NYJune 16, 2014
the co workers were good the site manager not so much you are always busy benefits were great i had a life with this company and rarely stayed late unless necesary it was nice
Overall company and management is great, Local management is poor
Division Manager (Former Employee), Kilgore, TXJune 16, 2014
Cons: hard work, long hours
I had been doing my job for 30 years before arriving at Progressive Waste in Kilgore. Local management is a disaster and I feel bad for the employees remaining. Work force is great, all friendly hard working people.
it was a nice place to work
hopper (Former Employee), Leesville, LAJune 16, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
overall the people demanded excellence, which is not a problem for me. I just had a tough time because I was also enrolled in Remington college so really it was no sleep.
Productive and a great work place
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Monroe , LAJune 9, 2014
I like working for them. I think it's a good company to work for.
My typical day at Progressive Waste Solutions
John Briggs - Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), Houston/Alvin TXJune 8, 2014
Pros: flexibilty, self managing
Cons: lots of meetings
I begin my day bright and early logging into Salesforce and finding all my tasks, calls and appointments for my day. I review my forcast funnel for current , 30, 60 and 90 day pipeline. I then prepare my strategy for my area that I plan on cold calling. At the middle of the day I update any leads I have for Salesforce and any appointments and opportunities – more... that have accumulated and need to schedule. The hardest part of my job would be going business to business cold calling. I find it easy for me to "have fun with it" getting out and meeting new prospects. I enjoy meeting new people and maintaining all my customer relationships. – less
They do not value their employees
Mehanic (Current Employee), Central LouisianaMarch 26, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: pay, work conditions, management
The turn over rate at the company is very high, especially with mechanics. The conditions in the shop are not always conducive to work in. Definitely not the ideal job for someone with a family.
Great Place to work always met new people has wide open approach
Division Manager (Current Employee), Alexandria, LAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: there was alway work
Cons: we were unable to meet everyones desire
A typical work day was one that tried your skills as a manager it keeps you at an even pace to continue to grow the company. I learned over time that things change often with the introduction of 3 hurricanes the work was top loaded each day. These days provided top services for all that are in need .Our management staff always were able to get assets – more... needed and with those that produced were also rewarded. Co- workers were even tempered and we work along with each other to get the job done local or not. The hardest part of the job was finding enough qualified personnel it times of need. The most enjoyable part was to see the hard completed with smiles and a joy able reward form all associated with the job. – less
Goal Oriented
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 23, 2014
This Company provides excellent employee benefits which is a rare thing these days.
you will get Health, Life, Dental and Vision insurance if you choose. They even offer insurance for your spouse and kids.
Job has excellent flexiblity
Commercial Waste truck driver and operator (Current Employee), Reserve, LADecember 16, 2013
Pros: over time
Cons: low wage and limited opportunities
Well know company, a day at work can be stressful do t the overload of work but not bad. Management is always open to lessoning and change. Co workers are not bad to work with but this job requires you to work independently or at least my position. frequent stops my be the hardest. Self paste is one of the things I enjoy about this job.
Productive work place
Mechanic (Former Employee), Abbott, TXJuly 30, 2013
Hardest part of the job is the smell!!! Co-workers are easy to work with.
Fun atmosphere with great people and hard work
Diesel mechanic (Current Employee), Slidell, LAMay 29, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the day is quitting time just like any other job. Great people to work with, and very knowledgeable willing to teach many things.
Company needs to value their employees
Commercial Frontload Driver (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOFebruary 28, 2013
Even though the employees are performing as required, it's never enough. When employees are pushed to continue to perform above and beyond day after day they end up sacrificing safety and accidents occur. Since this company has what i would call a zero tolerance for any accidents at all they end up firing good employees.
Review
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Monroe, LAAugust 6, 2012
It is a fun working environment. I enjoy the challenge with sales. I love the people I work with. I have flexible hours and freedom.