Progressive Waste Solutions

Progressive Waste Solutions Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
They do not value their employees
Mehanic (Current Employee), Central LouisianaMarch 26, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: pay, work conditions, management
The turn over rate at the company is very high, especially with mechanics. The conditions in the shop are not always conducive to work in. Definitely not the ideal job for someone with a family.
Great Place to work always met new people has wide open approach
Division Manager (Current Employee), Alexandria, LAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: there was alway work
Cons: we were unable to meet everyones desire
A typical work day was one that tried your skills as a manager it keeps you at an even pace to continue to grow the company. I learned over time that things change often with the introduction of 3 hurricanes the work was top loaded each day. These days provided top services for all that are in need .Our management staff always were able to get assets – more... needed and with those that produced were also rewarded. Co- workers were even tempered and we work along with each other to get the job done local or not. The hardest part of the job was finding enough qualified personnel it times of need. The most enjoyable part was to see the hard completed with smiles and a joy able reward form all associated with the job. – less
Goal Oriented
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 23, 2014
This Company provides excellent employee benefits which is a rare thing these days.
you will get Health, Life, Dental and Vision insurance if you choose. They even offer insurance for your spouse and kids.
Job has excellent flexiblity
Commercial Waste truck driver and operator (Current Employee), Reserve, LADecember 16, 2013
Pros: over time
Cons: low wage and limited opportunities
Well know company, a day at work can be stressful do t the overload of work but not bad. Management is always open to lessoning and change. Co workers are not bad to work with but this job requires you to work independently or at least my position. frequent stops my be the hardest. Self paste is one of the things I enjoy about this job.
Productive work place
Mechanic (Former Employee), Abbott, TXJuly 30, 2013
Hardest part of the job is the smell!!! Co-workers are easy to work with.
Fun atmosphere with great people and hard work
Diesel mechanic (Current Employee), Slidell, LAMay 29, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the day is quitting time just like any other job. Great people to work with, and very knowledgeable willing to teach many things.
Company needs to value their employees
Commercial Frontload Driver (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOFebruary 28, 2013
Even though the employees are performing as required, it's never enough. When employees are pushed to continue to perform above and beyond day after day they end up sacrificing safety and accidents occur. Since this company has what i would call a zero tolerance for any accidents at all they end up firing good employees.
Review
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Monroe, LAAugust 6, 2012
It is a fun working environment. I enjoy the challenge with sales. I love the people I work with. I have flexible hours and freedom.
great company
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), louisianaApril 26, 2012
This company is fantastic. I've never worked for a large corporation that had a culture of giving individuals all the power and authority they need to make the correct decision