Progressive Global Energy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Old School Recruitment
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Management has an incredibly old-school approach to recruitment.
People are micro-managed, encouraged to manipulate clients, and are belittled for having low call times.

The company has not found it's way into the 21st century yet.
They are the only downtown employer I know of that does not pay for parking. People are reprimanded for leaving a minute before 12:00 for lunch or for coming in a minute after 1:00 from lunch. They refuse to update outdated computer systems which affect productivity (ex: they haven't updated from Word 2002).

The pay is 30k for new recruiters, and even though they insist that commission will allow you to double your take home, it's just not true. There are a very small handful of people in the office who make the majority of the money, and they have their market corned off. Everyone else makes peanuts because they are limited by the market they work.

It's just not worth your time.
Conscientious Employees
safety specialist (Former Employee), Tx.December 17, 2015
Pros: Understanding their employees.
Cons: Not being able to contact them on phone.
Explaining safety to audits to employees, how to explain safety aspects to employees, management was great to work for, co-workers were good to work with, traveling, was meeting people.
Great company to work for
FIELD HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIROMENTAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Kenedy, TXNovember 22, 2015
I worked independently in the field environment but the management team was always available when needed. Very friendly and supportive staff .
Great people to work with
Drilling HSSE Consultant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 27, 2015
I was very happy working for PGE and would recommend this group to anyone. Due to the slow down I am laid off but would gladly go back to work for them.
Passionate non unionists
Electrician (Former Employee), waAugust 31, 2015
They are advertising for non union members only I'm pretty sure thats illegal. How can they possibly get away with this?!!
It sounded like a decent job until I read that requirement.
Good place to start in offshore logistics
Offshore Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TxJuly 2, 2015
Progressive has lots of job openings and opportunities to get started in the oil field. They have lots of jobs overseas as well.
Amateurs
CEO (Former Employee), North PoleMarch 12, 2015
Pros: kids
Cons: kids
A company staffed by a bunch of expedient teenagers who may have barely passed year 11 with one target in mind: to waste your time with irrelevant, non existent and meaningless job opportunities.

How they stay afloat is truly a miracle. If only HO back in the UK realised what a bunch of dickheads they have on their payroll. Give them a wide birth. They don't always have the jobs they claim they do.
Good administrative support
HSE Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2015
All the staff at Progressive were kind courteous and friendly. Any time I had any type of issues there was always someone available to handle my affairs.
Progressive Global
assist the engineer (Former Employee), Houton, TXNovember 13, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: contract ended
Worked on PHDWin adding well information. This was my first time working in PHDWin and found it user friendly. I put together a PowerPoint presentation for a management meeting. Added production information in an Excel spreadsheet. Maintained production Excel spreadsheet for all wells.
Supportive with many hours to work
BOP Inspector and Surveyor (Current Employee), NOV PCGFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: payed drive time and milage
Cons: unpredictable schedule
Worked as BOP inspector. Third party witness. Learned about all aspects of the oil and gas service industry. Please see my resume for more information.
Never Pay on time or right amount
Production Technician, Oxy (Former Employee), Dickinson, NDJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: hard to keep track of pay
constantly had to call to correct pay amount. Their system is intentionally complicated to hide their errors which are always in their favor.