Progress Energy Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Exciting work environment, great co workers, rewarding work
Administration/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort St John, BCMarch 15, 2016
I love that I have a fun and exciting job to go to everyday, terrific co workers, friendly environment. I perform a hugely diverse set of responsibilities which I thrive on and I'm the lucky one to greet and assist anyone walking in. I'm a people person and interaction with anyone and everyone is effortless.

I have learned a lot regarding policies and safety procedures, given the nature of the industry and have had lots of opportunity to collaborate with different departments where I learn the daily ins and outs there as well. I thoroughly enjoy being the hub of information and the go to person in the office.

The hardest part of this job is riding the wave of economic downturns, the uncertainty it brings and watching work mates be ushered out during layoffs. It hits me in the gut everytime.

The best part of my job is that I get to be there and how each new day brings new people in to my foyer, and the opportunities to learn something new.
Pros
Lots of perks with a well to do company
Cons
Its a very dirty city
Want to be undermined and lied to? Sign up here
Safety (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BCApril 3, 2014
Worked at Progress Energy Canada (Most of these reviews were from the states for a totally different company) and found this company to lack discipline, character, and morals. As an example, this company went through 10 health and safety professionals in the field in 2 years. This is an incredible wake up call to anyone looking to work for them. They are running themselves like Jed Clampet won a billion dollars and can't figure out how to spend it fast enough. If you want to work for a gas company that is still living in the 70's, and is part of the good ol' boys club then feel free to sign up.
Cons
incompetent management, old camps, horrible food.