Progress Energy Canada Ltd. (“Progress”) is a Calgary, Alberta based energy company focused on exploration, development and production of large, unconventional natural gas resources in the northeast British Columbia Foothills and the northwest Alberta Deep Basin. Progress currently produces approximately 50,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (“boepd”).
Progress is a leader in tight and unconventional natural gas development in the western Canadian sedimentary basin, and has been successful in securing some of the basin’s highest quality assets. Progress is the largest landholder in the prolific Montney fairway, which represents the growth engine of the future for the Company. Progress is aggressively developing the Montney as it seeks to prove up reserves and increase production to supply a future LNG terminal at Lelu Island on the west coast of British Columbia.
With over 200 employees, we are committed to working together and building upon the strengths of the team. We believe in the continued growth of our company and have a vested interest in ongoing success. At Progress we encourage initiative, professional development and career growth and we offer a positive, dynamic and challenging working environment. With a competitive total compensation package and a track record of success, Progress seeks the brightest and most talented professionals in their area of expertise to join our team.
Progress is currently seeking a motivated, enthusiastic and innovative individual to join our Finance Systems department in the role of Systems Analyst. This individual will be involved in the implementation and ongoing administration of the ADP Open Invoice system, while also supporting the Finance Systems Analyst with the various systems and reporting needs of the finance department.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist with the implementation of the ADP Open Invoice System and integration with our Financial Accounting System
- Provide Administration and support of the Open Invoice system, and liaise with the provider with respect to ongoing support and future upgrades and enhancements.
- Responsible for internal and external Open Invoice training, problem resolution, user acceptance and system support on Open Invoice
- Coordinate Vendor On-ramping activities, and implementation of additional functionality including Early Pay Discounts to maximize system usage and processing efficiencies at Progress
- Testing and coordinating of Open Invoice system updates and releases
- Backup to the Finance Systems Analyst for Qbyte FM monthly processes, external reporting and system interfaces and integrations
- Assist in various special projects, system upgrades, implementations, or enhancements as they arise
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Technology or Business or comparable accreditation
- Minimum 3-5 years accounting experience in the oil and gas industry
- Knowledge and experience with ADP Open Invoice system
- Experience with QByte FM, Prism, AFENavigator, CSExplorer, and Microsoft Access would be an Asset
- Ability to understand and resolve issues with various user groups
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable to changing work scope and priorities
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good organization skills
- Team player who enjoys learning, taking initiative, and contributing to team goals
Progress would like to thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team; however only the candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.