Progress is looking for a Receptionist to join our team in our new Vancouver office. Reporting to the Human Resource Manager the successful candidate must demonstrate strong organization skills, great attention to detail and be able to multi-task on a daily basis. This role will be divided into two main areas of responsibility: 1- Reception and 2 – Office Services. The successful candidate may cycle through all two areas of responsibility daily or weekly. This office is a brand new office and the receptionist will need to be apt to change and the ability to set up reception procedures.
The incumbent must demonstrate an aptitude for a variety of work settings, and work tasks. Reception requires an outgoing personality, where multi-tasking and strong composure in relation to stress is a must. The Office Services portion of this role requires strong interpersonal skills, some relationship management skills with respect to third party providers, as well as attention to detail in inventorying current supply levels and following through on requests.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Maintain and manage, on a daily basis, all filing correspondence with reception
- Managing, creating and improving reception efficiencies
- Responsible for coding, entering and managing payment of office supply invoices, as required
- Responsible for answering and directing all phone calls in a polite and professional manner from 8:00am-4:30pm
- Responsible for the coordination of all office supplies on a weekly basis
- Cross-checking deliveries and invoices to ensure ordered supplies are received and accounted for as well as ensuring the supplies are kept secure
- Responsible for handling all courier requests both incoming and outgoing including tracking of all courier deliveries as well as reconciling monthly invoices for all courier expenses
- Ensure that all rooms and the building are clean and presentable
- Update and post the phone list as needed
- Order business cards
- Greet and assist all visitors
- Provide extraordinary customer service
- To have a ‘service first’ attitude
- Manage access card system
- Assist with all other administration duties as required
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and listening
- Organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Able to learn computer functions
- Pride in getting work done accurately and timely
- Ability to multi-task
- High school diploma is required
- Post-secondary education (diploma/certificate or other) would be an asset
- Working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel are required
- Experience with office processes and procedures would be an asset
- 2+ years’ experience in a reception role is an asset
Progress would like to thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team; however only the candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 18 months ago
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. (“Progress”) is a Calgary, Alberta based energy company focused on exploration, development and...