Progress Energy is currently seeking a Production Engineer/Technologist with a strong field experience background to manage Western Canadian oil and gas properties in the Foothills. Reporting to the Manager, Production Engineering, the successful incumbent should exemplify strong leadership qualities, exceptionally strong analytical skills along with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills to effectively develop and manage relationships at all levels of the organization. A strong interest in the natural gas area of the Oil and Gas Industry is critical for success, along with a long term career interest in Progress Energy Resources Corp.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Monitor and analyze weekly well production and identify potential optimization opportunities
- Compile economics, present and manage implementation of optimization projects identified
- Assist daily field operations staff with engineering solutions to maximize base production and minimize operating costs
- Work together with exploitation, land, completions and facilities in a team environment by assisting in the design of pipelines and facilities to bring on new development and exploration wells in a timely and cost efficient manner
- Design and manage down hole well service slick line and rig work, including work overs, artificial lift optimization and regulatory suspension work
- Work with field operations staff to manage surface equipment and pipeline integrity programs
- Manage regulatory requirements for the fields and deal with authorities as required
- Address all 3rd party requests for tie-in and facility capacity in conjunction with exploitation
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Completion of an accredited Technologist diploma or Engineering degree, within the Petroleum, Mechanical or Chemical disciplines
- 5-10 years of progressively more responsible experience within the oil and gas industry with exposure to natural gas
- Exposure to Alberta and British Columbia operations along with field experience would be an asset
Progress would like to thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team; however only the candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 2 years ago
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. (“Progress”) is a Calgary, Alberta based energy company focused on exploration, development and...