Progress Energy is currently seeking a Senior Payroll Expert who is responsible for supporting all aspects of in-house payroll and benefits, while providing assistance to inquiries from employees at all levels. The ideal candidate is passionate about learning and enjoys working in a changing environment. This new position will report to the Director, Corporate Services and the incumbent will have extensive experience in all aspects of Payroll. As the primary payroll administrator (with back-up support in the HR team), this seasoned candidate will be perform full cycle payroll tasks and drive any new initiatives required as the company grows. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of the complexities and administration surrounding payroll for international employees.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Accurate processing of semi-monthly payrolls for all salaried, hourly, and contractual employees for all offices;
- Processing journal and accounts payable entries using QBYTE systems;
- Audit source deductions and government remittances;
- Benefit Reconciliation;
- Process new hires, leaves and resignations;
- Prepare ROE’s;
- Paying expatriates from Malaysia to Canada as well as from Canada to Malaysia.
- Tax Equalization for expatriates
- Year-end reconciliations, balancing and processing including annual reports and T4 preparation;
- Support team with filing, salary confirmation letters, new hire orientation, etc.
- Administration of benefits, including new hire enrollment, coverage changes and resignations;
- Benefit coordination of all staff including: extended health plans, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment, etc;
- Process and reconcile monthly bills ensuring adequate employee coverage;
- Process annual rate changes, etc. ensuring alignment with payroll deductions and taxable benefits;
- WCB account administration, new accounts, payments, monitoring, quarterly and annual filing;
- Daily interaction with staff (in all offices) regards to benefit queries;
- Interaction with representatives from benefit carriers regarding queries and changes/updates to plans;
- Orientation of all new employees in regards to benefit plans, office procedures, policies and guidelines;
- Generating various procedural memos relating to change in work hours, salary, benefits, etc.
Long Term Incentive Compensation
- Maintain demographics in SunLife for employees, granting and vesting support;
- Audit and load of semi-monthly savings plan contribution files;
- Effectively handle employee and manager queries related to payroll and benefits;
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting requirements and audit inquiries.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Certified Payroll Management or Payroll Compliance Practitioner certifications an asset;
- Minimum 10+ years senior payroll experience for a medium to large organization;
- Familiarity with ADP payroll software;
- Familiarity with administering benefits programs and payroll functions;
- Experience with Expatriates and proper procedures are a requirement.
- Experience with Tax Equalization is a requirement.
- Exceptional Office and computer skills specifically with Excel;
- Effective attention to detail, a high degree of accuracy and the ability to communicate effectively, confidentially and professionally;
- Able to prioritize work and strong organizational skills;
- A strong initiative; proactive approach to problem solving;
- Experience in accounting and Human Resource Information Systems is preferred;
- Experience in Oil and Gas industry is preferred.
Progress would like to thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team; however only the candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 16 months ago
Progress Energy Canada Ltd. (“Progress”) is a Calgary, Alberta based energy company focused on exploration, development and...