Progress Energy Canada Ltd. (“Progress”) is a Calgary, Alberta based energy company focused on exploration, development and production of large, unconventional natural gas resources in the northeast British Columbia Foothills and the northwest Alberta Deep Basin. Progress currently produces approximately 50,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (“boepd”).
Progress is a leader in tight and unconventional natural gas development in the western Canadian sedimentary basin, and has been successful in securing some of the basin’s highest quality assets. Progress is the largest landholder in the prolific Montney fairway, which represents the growth engine of the future for the Company. Progress is aggressively developing the Montney as it seeks to prove up reserves and increase production to supply a future LNG terminal at Lelu Island on the west coast of British Columbia.
With over 200 employees, we are committed to working together and building upon the strengths of the team. We believe in the continued growth of our company and have a vested interest in ongoing success. At Progress we encourage initiative, professional development and career growth and we offer a positive, dynamic and challenging working environment. With a competitive total compensation package and a track record of success, Progress seeks the brightest and most talented professionals in their area of expertise to join our team.
Progress is currently seeking a Legal Assistant to join the Legal Department. The successful candidate will assist the Director of Legal Services in the development and implementation of corporate governance practices and processes for Progress Energy and its affiliates. The candidate will also provide additional administrative support services.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Minute book maintenance
- Assist with the preparation of documents for board packages
- Maintain board portal
- Track and deliver internal documents to senior management for signature
- Determine and implement organizational systems for the group
- File; open and close files, implement a file check-out system and maintain file list and vault files
- Arrange cheque requisitions and payments of invoices
- Make travel and meeting arrangements
- Prepare Visa statements and expense reports
- Word processing, including preparing and revising documents in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, scanning, PDFing and blacklining documents
- General photocopying
- Special projects
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Administration Certificate or Legal Assistant Diploma or equivalent would be considered an asset
- Minimum 10 years related work experience, preferably in corporate/securities law
- Excellent organizational, communication and teamwork skills
- High level of initiative and adaptability
- Works best with minimal supervision
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy are required
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and concurrent activities
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database applications