Pacific NorthWest LNG is a proposed Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) liquefaction and export facility on Lelu Island within the District of Port Edward on land administered by the Port of Prince Rupert. The facility, representing an investment of $9 to $11 billion, would export natural gas produced by Progress Energy Canada Ltd. in northeast BC. Pacific NorthWest LNG and Progress are owned by PETRONAS of Malaysia, a global leader in LNG. With about 200 employees in Western Canada, Progress and Pacific NorthWest LNG are committed to building a work environment where the talented and dedicated professionals find challenging and rewarding opportunities as they help craft a bright new future for Canada’s energy market.
Pacific NorthWest LNG is currently seeking a Human Resource Generalist who will report to the Corporate Services Director. This person is responsible for providing human resource generalist support in all of the following areas: recruitment, employee relations, wage and salary administration, incentive compensation, job evaluation, employee benefits, performance management, training and development, and HRIS systems. The successful candidate will identify trends/issues that require resolution and involve appropriate resources. Due to the immediate and anticipated growth of the company, this candidate will play a large role in recruitment including an initial placement in Calgary, Alberta for the first 3-4 months of employment. Following this time frame, the position will be based full-time in Vancouver, BC. The incumbent will assist in attraction and recruitment of talent for both entry level positions as well as highly specialized positions in the Oil and Gas Industry. We are looking for a candidate that can bring a strategic approach to talent acquisition; someone who is able to identify where the talent is and know how to attract them. The ideal candidate will be passionate about learning and enjoys working in a changing environment.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Our Human Resources Generalist will be passionate about recruitment and onboarding, taking a lead role in day to day recruitment and providing support to the HR function with responsibility in the following areas:
- Activities to include employment, compensation, training and development
- Prepare and maintain company salary structure, job documentation and job evaluation systems.
- Assist with the Performance Management process
- Perform daily administrative tasks such as writing offer letters and tracking employee data
- Develop and communicate company policies
- Communicate and administer the company benefits plan
- Lead recruitment activities providing expertise on sourcing, postings, interviewing, employment checks, offers and onboarding
- Keep abreast of new developments in recruiting and develops strategies with corporate HR team to attract the top talent
- Maintains and builds relationships with third party service providers such as search firms, outplacement, educational/career fair coordinators
- Coordinate and perform all recruiting efforts in the hiring and placement of all levels of the organization including: posting jobs, resume database searching, phone screening, conducting initial one-on-one interviews, screening, testing and reference checks.
- Train and assist hiring managers in interview practices
- Report on current vacancies as well as provide relevant updates on market conditions; talent pipelines etc.
- Engage as a business partner with management to effectively handle performance management and employee relations issues
- Collaborate with employees to build and maintain positive relationships
- Mentor and coach other team members in supporting recruitment and HR efforts
- Ensure all activities comply with relevant legislation and ethical standards
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or Business Administration is a requirement
- 7-10 years Oil and Gas or HR generalist experience in a medium to large size organization is preferred
- Desire to obtain or working towards CHRP is an asset
- Must be able to function in complex and matrix environments
- Working knowledge of employment relations, labour laws and hiring practices
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with all levels of individuals is essential
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, interpersonal and decision making skills are required
- Effective attention to detail, a high degree of accuracy and the ability to communicate effectively, confidentially and professionally;
- Able to prioritize work and strong organizational skills;
- A strong initiative; proactive approach to problem solving;
Progress would like to thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team; however only the candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.