Our client, an inspection company leader in the Oil & Gas industry in Alberta, is looking for a Civil Supervisor to work in a 2.5 months (March 17 – Jun 1, 2013) project in Alberta, Canada.
- Provide site orientations, safe work plan, and daily tailboards.
- Review and provide emergency response plans to on site personnel.
- Provide assessment and elimination or control of site hazards.
- Ensure the limits of approach (for general public and equipment) are followed and request the supervision of a qualified utility worker if these limits may be breached by civil work crews.
- Conduct pre-construction meeting and job safe analysis (JSA).
- Conduct observation work performance reviews (minimum 1 per 8 day period of work), inspections and safety meetings (minimum 1 per week).
- Ensure tools and equipment are supplied in safe operating conditions, inspected and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Ensure workers are trained in the safe operation of the tools and equipment, including PPE.
- Ensure all PPE in worn on all sites (All sites to be respected as energized)
- Provide adequate direction and instructions given to the workers.
- Provide the required first aid services.
- Provide incident notifications, reporting and corrective action follow-up (immediately report to the respective AE civil lead and the employee in charge).
- Intervene and correcting non-compliance with the OH&S Act, Regulation and Code.
- Provide records keeping of all inspections and safety related information.
Other duties include:
- Monitoring quality assurance and quantities control during construction period.
- Complete the client Inspection Test Plans for each civil task and ensure the contractors complete their respective areas of the form.
- Provide daily and weekly reporting on progress of the project throughout the construction phase.
- Attend progress meetings to discuss projects, costs, schedule and other matters.
- Prepare change orders and other documentations as required during construction phase.
- Liaise with costumer and outside services for project related matters.
- Ensure that a full walk around the site is conducted with the contractor and EIC prior to task completion.
- Complete the respective site hand over forms and provide copies to the Civil Lead.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as required.
- Graduate from a recognized university in Civil Engineering and registered as a Professional Engineer with A.P.E.G.A. with a minimum of 5 years construction experience.
- Must have construction experience related to earthworks, infrastructure construction, foundation installation and drainage/erosion control practices.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to understand and interpret engineering, architectural and other construction drawings.
- Exceptional computer skills and experience with Word, Excel and Outlook are required.
- Experience in the electrical power industry as well as Geotechnical experience is a definite asset.