professional pharmacy Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Really bad
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LA20 May 2017
Management doesn't care about employees at all.owner thinks he's some kind of king. Barking orders like employees are nobody. Needs a firm butt kicking
Pros
Cons
Back stabbing employees and management
challenging, pleasant environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Hazard, KY17 May 2017
As an employee at this pharmacy, I assisted customers, operated the cash register, answered the telephone, operated the computer,
cleaned the pharmacy, ordered medication. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with. The hardest part of my job was counting the medication. It is mentally challenging, but I loved it.
Pros
Bonuses, paid vacation, breaks, learning experiences
Cons
dealing with the public is always a hard job
Detail oriented
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS13 April 2017
New management is very detail oriented. Schedules have been very flexible and management is willing to work with you if you have a special need. It is nice to get to know the patients.
Energized workplace with great emplyee's
Durable Medical Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pennsburg, PA6 March 2017
Durable Medical Specialist. Responsible for assisting customers who needed medical equipment, whether it would be a brace (neck, leg, arm, etc.) oxygen tanks, etc. Also wrote up delivery orders for customers who needed medical equipment delivered. I've learned a great deal of knowledge about the medical industry. Professional Pharmacy was a great up beat business to be employee'd for. The hardest part was getting to know some of the customers and when they would pass, it was very difficult especially the people I would see daily. The best part of my day was seeing the regulars on a daily basis, they always brightened my day.
Pros
Christmas Party
Cons
na
Super busy,high stress but very helpful coworkers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MD21 January 2016
I only worked at Professional Pharmacy for a few months. Legend has it that not many technicians last that long and i unfortunately had to join that legend. I'd say somewhere around 10 or 11 am it starts to get busy. From that point on it can be non stop especially with the phone calls. They will drive you crazy when you're trying to concentrate on not messing up prescription orders. Some of the customers are pleasant but of course not all. Their clientele are older people with a few younger ones so it requires A LOT of patience. The staff although VERY stressed, are very helpful. Its about 7 people working together almost everyday including the pharmacist that works that day sometimes less. I'd say that was the most enjoyable part of the job, working with those characters. Even the drivers who make the deliveries are nice to talk to. In the end however the stress won.
Pros
Helpful Staff
Cons
Too busy, too stressful, older difficult customers, too many phone calls, too many phones period and i think they need a "phone tech" position.
Cares mostly for the wellness of the community
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Darlington, SC11 September 2014
I have enjoyed working with all of the staff at Professional Pharmacy.
Fast paced
CUSTOMER RELATIONS (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GA3 June 2014
This job is very fast paced you have to be able to multi task and stay on your toes.You must be very accurate on this job no room for mistakes.
The hardest part of this job is talking to several different people
at a time and keeping everything straight in your head. The
most enjoyable part of this job is getting to be a part of some many peoples lives and work with and for some nice people
Customer Service Family owned over 61 yrs Professional Pharmacy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJ7 May 2014
Family owned Pharmacy for over 61 years ( son taken over & closed to explore other options) Customer there have been coming there for so many years alot of people employee Customers were devastated when he shut down!!
It was a very friendly place of employment to work I would help customer with there prescriptions insurance information, then when needed there was another part of the store that dealt with Hallmark section from household items,card it had everything for every special occasion, My co-worker have been there for alot longer then me some 30 years they were wonderful to work with
I did alot of inventory & reorganization in storage on upper floor
It was a very family frendly place to work I enjoyed the customers Co-worker closed in 2012
ok place t wrok
Home Care Specialist/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Florence, SC26 January 2014
at the beginning it was a great place to work. but with internal conflict going on that changed.
Pros
a job
Cons
dishonest
wonderful work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJ17 August 2013
working at the professional pharmacy was a great 1st job. i leanerd alot and made wonderful friends.
Great people Great workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJ20 April 2013
I probably would still be here if the owner had not sold to Rite Aide. Learned how to manage time, stock and customer service
Pros
close to home easy job
Cons
low pay
A very quick and productive place of business
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NC11 December 2012
Each day i valued going to work because my customers are always number one to me. I learned that there is always that sweet peson that is waiting for you to open a door way to a very thoughtful conversation. The management there was great and very thoughtful. Sometimes my co-workers were not the best that they could be but for the most part they were great. I enjoyed my customers so so much i became really close to them in so many ways.
Pros
discounts
A Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NC3 December 2012
A typical day at professional Pharmacy is a busy day, balancing back and forth from one customer to another one. My Co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job probably would be trying to keep everyone extremely happy, the most enjoyable part was seeing the customers smile.
Productive and very driven work environment
Home Healthcare Advisor & Fitter (Former Employee) –  caribbean11 November 2012
Making customer service your number one priority. Maximizing your time and ensuring productivity.
Loved it.
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GA14 August 2012
Loved working at the pharmacy. Had some great experiences , helping others , meeting new people ,new clients . Not the best enviornment since the pharmacy is right across the street fromt the ER but other than that great place