professional pharmacy Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Super busy,high stress but very helpful coworkers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDJanuary 21, 2016
I only worked at Professional Pharmacy for a few months. Legend has it that not many technicians last that long and i unfortunately had to join that legend. I'd say somewhere around 10 or 11 am it starts to get busy. From that point on it can be non stop especially with the phone calls. They will drive you crazy when you're trying to concentrate on not messing up prescription orders. Some of the customers are pleasant but of course not all. Their clientele are older people with a few younger ones so it requires A LOT of patience. The staff although VERY stressed, are very helpful. Its about 7 people working together almost everyday including the pharmacist that works that day sometimes less. I'd say that was the most enjoyable part of the job, working with those characters. Even the drivers who make the deliveries are nice to talk to. In the end however the stress won.
Pros
Helpful Staff
Cons
Too busy, too stressful, older difficult customers, too many phone calls, too many phones period and i think they need a "phone tech" position.
Fast paced
CUSTOMER RELATIONS (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJune 3, 2014
This job is very fast paced you have to be able to multi task and stay on your toes.You must be very accurate on this job no room for mistakes.
The hardest part of this job is talking to several different people
at a time and keeping everything straight in your head. The
most enjoyable part of this job is getting to be a part of some many peoples lives and work with and for some nice people
Customer Service Family owned over 61 yrs Professional Pharmacy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJMay 7, 2014
Family owned Pharmacy for over 61 years ( son taken over & closed to explore other options) Customer there have been coming there for so many years alot of people employee Customers were devastated when he shut down!!
It was a very friendly place of employment to work I would help customer with there prescriptions insurance information, then when needed there was another part of the store that dealt with Hallmark section from household items,card it had everything for every special occasion, My co-worker have been there for alot longer then me some 30 years they were wonderful to work with
I did alot of inventory & reorganization in storage on upper floor
It was a very family frendly place to work I enjoyed the customers Co-worker closed in 2012
ok place t wrok
Home Care Specialist/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 26, 2014
at the beginning it was a great place to work. but with internal conflict going on that changed.
Pros
a job
Cons
dishonest
wonderful work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJAugust 17, 2013
working at the professional pharmacy was a great 1st job. i leanerd alot and made wonderful friends.
Great people Great workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJApril 20, 2013
I probably would still be here if the owner had not sold to Rite Aide. Learned how to manage time, stock and customer service
Pros
close to home easy job
Cons
low pay
A very quick and productive place of business
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NCDecember 11, 2012
Each day i valued going to work because my customers are always number one to me. I learned that there is always that sweet peson that is waiting for you to open a door way to a very thoughtful conversation. The management there was great and very thoughtful. Sometimes my co-workers were not the best that they could be but for the most part they were great. I enjoyed my customers so so much i became really close to them in so many ways.
Pros
discounts
A Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NCDecember 3, 2012
A typical day at professional Pharmacy is a busy day, balancing back and forth from one customer to another one. My Co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job probably would be trying to keep everyone extremely happy, the most enjoyable part was seeing the customers smile.
Productive and very driven work environment
Home Healthcare Advisor & Fitter (Former Employee) –  caribbeanNovember 11, 2012
Making customer service your number one priority. Maximizing your time and ensuring productivity.
Loved it.
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 14, 2012
Loved working at the pharmacy. Had some great experiences , helping others , meeting new people ,new clients . Not the best enviornment since the pharmacy is right across the street fromt the ER but other than that great place