Prodigy Game Employee Reviews

Amazingly good place to work
Game Tester and QA Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 November 2016
As stated in the summary, Prodigy is an amazingly good place to work. Every employee is given an opportunity to direct his career towards what he loves doing. It's a great place to gain Agile experience. Management do an incredible job trying to keep employees happy and are constantly striving to improve processes, soliciting honest feedback. The company culture at Prodigy is fantastic, with a lot of people that work hard but know how to have fun. The company parties are amazing! The hardest part of the job is arguably making sure I don't work too hard, as I love what I'm doing and I often don't want to go home. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing what I love doing. It's definitely the best job I've ever had.
Pros
Free lunches, multiple video-game systems, ping-pong tournaments, excellent company parties and events, relaxed atmosphere, opportunities for growth and career development, decent benefits.
Cons
Occasionally stressful, can end up working long hours at crunch time.
Best company I have worked with!
Game Artist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 November 2016
• fun, open and creative work environment
• working with many interesting and effective people
• great transparency and progressive attitude
• great internal review process, company is always adapting to feedback from all angles
• great perks (ping pong, video games, snacks, events, etc.)
• benefits and clear/consistent advancement schemes
Pros
creative, progressive, engaged management, transparent, games/perks, flexible hours, company shares
A company/product you can stand behind
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON1 November 2016
Prodigy has proven to provide a fun and inclusive culture, where learning is encouraged, and your input is welcomed.

It offers a great comp. package, flex hours, and a great working environment. Management has been very open to suggestions, reasonable with my inquiries/requests, and are people who nurture development.

The employees here all come with their own diverse background, so that allows for opportunity to gain some new perspectives, and be an individual (at the same time, be a part of a great cause).

The job is straight forward. I was aware of my responsibilities before I signed up, and haven't encountered anything out of the ordinary. Everyone I've met internally has been very supportive, and it makes for a very positive work environment.
Pros
Great compensation, great culture, amazing product you can be proud to be a part of
Cons
bi-weekly pay
Great Company to Work for!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON1 November 2016
*The company is completely transparent about how things work, what you need to do to succeed and why things are done the way they are.
*Most of the structure is in a way that's highly systematic
*Flexible work hours
*100% Benefits Package
*A lot of additional company perks!
*A great team of people who want the company to succeed and are willing to sacrifice to help it along
For those who are driven, passionate and eager to succeed - Prodigy is for you!
Game Team (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON1 November 2016
I have worked in both corporate and studio environments in the past, and by a landslide Prodigy is my favorite job to this date. The people are great, and management genuinely cares about your success and progress. Prodigy is a startup, which means finding great people to grow with the company is crucial.

One of the things that really stands out here is the commitment of everyone to succeed. Everyone works to their full potential and although not necessarily outright demanded, but working overtime and pushing yourself to the limit is the unspoken standard here.

The workplace is relaxed, positive, and the projects are ambitious, but it is not a place for someone who simply wants a 9-5 to just get through the day and leave. Everyone here is passionate about what they do.

Management works hard to make sure opportunities to succeed are available, and raises and bonuses are fair.

Be warned: lots of processes and not for the faint of heart.
Pros
bi-weekly pizza day, ping pong, snacks, juice, coffee/tea, summer/winter parties
Cons
overtime, growing pains
Great Startup with a Rewarding Product
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON1 November 2016
Pros
- Collaborative Work Environment
- Friendly Co-workers
- Fun Social Activities Each Quarter
- Transparency on Company Goals
- Flexible Work Hours
- A lot of Growth Opportunities

Cons
- Working from Home Discouraged
- Location
A good company to work for
senior automation developer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON1 November 2016
I am working for prodigy. I love work here, there are some reasons:
1. very open environment
2. managers are patient to listen to your ideas
3. the company supports you to learn new technology, help you to find your career goals and encourage you to improve your skill, this keeps you be competitive in the market
4. team members are easy to communicate with
5. beautiful office
6. free parking
7. close to a shopping mall and bus stop
8. the game is educational, if you have kids, your kid will love to play with it.
Pros
free pizza/lunch when we have all-hands meeting, gifts with company logo and etc
As good as it gets
Customer Support Lead (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON.31 July 2015
I've had many jobs in many different fields, this one trumps them all. Colleagues and CEOs are supportive, helpful and encouraging.

Personal and professional growth are strongly encouraged. Health (Gym/Fitness) and Professional Development is encouraged and funding is provided to support both.

While the work environment is laid back, everyone is dedicated and works passionately toward what is an extremely rewarding goal, spreading the love of math.

The culture here may be the best part, work hard, play hard and the laughs we have in spades. Contributions and suggestions for the game/website and the workplace environment are always welcome and open for discussion. You will feel welcome and appreciated.

While at times hours can be long, they are very flexible and the benefits are clear to be seen when you view, on numerous screens throughout the office, that students around the world have answered millions of math questions on that day alone. As someone with a teaching background, this is something that I couldn't hope to achieve in a lifetime dedicated to the classroom.

If you want to work at a place where you can grow alongside the company, have a huge amount of input into the product, and be secure in the knowledge that what you do on a day to day basis is having a huge impact, look no further, this is the place you want to work.
Pros
Professional Growth, input into the product, rewarding, fun, laid back, flexible work hours
Cons
Occasional longer work hours
Huge opportunity to own projects and designs
Lead Hardware Developer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, Ontario30 July 2015
The type of work I do depends on what phase of development we are in. Time can be spent emailing the manufacturers in China or the Designers in England, or Designing and prototyping new toy designs in house.

A lot of research goes into every decision made so a lot of reading and phone discussions are required while trying to source where the correct information could come from.

I work directly with the Co-CEO who is very open to suggestions but can have strong executive decisions on product direction.

Co-workers are energetic and amusing, and can get very competitive in our daily Super Smash Bros (Wii U) matches during lunch.

The hardest part of the job could be that I have to tread lightly in deep waters in an established industry were I don't have real prior experience in. Considering that this role encompasses the role of a whole supply chain, this can result in me working long hours to make up for the lack of staff so that we can remain on schedule and on budget.

The most enjoyable part of this job includes prototyping toys that might affect millions of kids that will hopefully further engage them in the educational content found in the game. Having full ownership of the latest project is quite rewarding as well.
Pros
Super Smash Bros during breaks, Huge opportunities to grow, Own projects, Free pizza at the end of the month.
Cons
Given that it is a start-up there's a lot of work to be done, resulting in the flex hours turning into long hours, which is probably why you are reading this, because you are looking for a job at SMARTeacher!
Fun workplace with great leadership
Quality Assurance Lead (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 July 2015
Really fun workplace with all the perks of working in a start up company. Everyone else who works here has the same drive and excitement for creation as you do. If there isn't at least one really good joke in an hour, it's probably a slow day. Absolutely no red tape,the two co-CEO's are the most passionate people I have worked with with a beautiful vision to foster learning in students.
Pros
Leadership, Location, I wear jeans to work. In the summer, I wear shorts and sandals.
Cons
You can only drink beer on special occasions. Wink.
A happy and passionate team that believes in it's product!
QA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, Ontario30 July 2015
Working at Prodigy has been a great experience for me. It has given me the ability to learn and grow as a valued team member and contribute to a project that I really believe in.

Co-workers and Management are all friendly and dedicated to bringing our skills together to develop and improve upon our game constantly.

There's always alot to be working on but it's rewarding to see your work improving the game in such a short amount of time.

Prodigy is a great company to work for and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
Pros
Friendly Work Environment, Company lunches and events, Fitness & Education benefits
Cons
Occasional Late nights/early mornings
Amazing Studio
Game artist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, Ontario30 July 2015
Its a very laid back environment to work in, has a lot of flexible hours, with amazing people around you. I highly recommend this company. There's a lot of learning and challenges that comes along with the job. You have a lot of Input for what goes in to the game. You also get to be a part of something new. The best part is your creating an amazing game that helps children learn math.
Pros
Flexible hours, amazing people, fun activities, awesome location
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prodigy Game. Our community is ready to answer.

4.9