Are you looking to have a tangible impact on the company you work for?
Are you brimming with innovation and are a team player? Do you love the thrill of a challenge? Do you thrive in a fast paced environment and are looking to take your career to the next level? Are you an exceptional leader that members of your team love to work with?
Procura provides a fully integrated clinical and back office software solution for health care supporting administrative, financial and clinical functions. Come join our winning team in helping our customers succeed in their business.
We strive to enable our customers’ success and it is people like you that make it possible; people who look at problems differently, people who understand the challenges of information systems and people who are passionate about what they do. Our company is growing and some very exciting things lie ahead for us this year – we hope you can join us.
Reporting to the Knowledge Manager, the Technical Writer will create and maintain user documentation for Procura’s application. The successful candidate will be working from Procura’s office located in Victoria, BC. This position works closely with all members of the Development team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce online help content and user guides using our authoring tool, RoboHelp
- Work with Product Management, development and knowledge management teams to understand software features and translate them into user documentation
- Convey complex technical ideas to a non-technical audience in the Home Health Care field
- Produce, post and maintain printable user guides
- Ensure documentation is of high quality following our best practices for producing end user materials
- Create regular Release update notices and manage release correspondence to our customer base
- Produce Release Notes, installation and upgrade guides for major releases
- Contribute content to regular internal and external newsletters
- Contribute ideas for other forms of media to enhance the user training experience
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Proficient with RoboHelp
- Proficient in Word
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Have a critical eye for detail
- Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
- Proactively identify and suggest improvements to working practices
- “Can do” attitude and sense of responsibility/understanding for the user audience
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Degree or certification in a related field
- A minimum of three years of technical writing experience in a software development environment
- Experience with authoring and content management systems
- Multi-media and adult learning content development experience
- Preference will be given to those that have knowledge of the Home Health Care industry
How To Apply
Ready for your next challenge? E-mail us your resume, cover letter and salary expectations in PDF format. Please put your name and the job title you are applying for on your email subject line. For more information on our company and our leaders, please visit our website at www.goprocura.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Competition will close November 30, 2013.
Thank you for your interest in Procura!