Are you looking to have a tangible impact on the company you work for? Are you brimming with innovation and are a team player? Do you love the thrill of a challenge? Do you thrive in a fast paced environment and are looking to take your career to the next level?
Procura provides a fully integrated clinical, financial, and agency management business solution for Home, Community and Aged care agencies in Canada, USA and Australia. We strive to enable our customers’ success and it is people like you that make it possible; people who look at problems differently, people who understand the challenges of information systems and people who are passionate about what they do. Our company is growing and some very exciting things lie ahead for us – we hope you can join us.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Services, the Intermediate Accountant will be responsible for a variety of financial reporting functions that include accounts receivable, customer billings, contract management, sales tax returns, management reports, posting journal entries, and commissions. The Intermediate Accountant will also be responsible for accounting and administrative tasks related to the timely preparation of month-end financial statements, reconciliations, and reports. Please note that this is a six month contract position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Invoice customers and manage recurring maintenance billing process & Accounts Receivable
- Manage all customer and vendor contracts and process and review all project paperwork.
- Complete and distribute all royalty reports to third party vendors and partners.
- Complete and file all sales related tax returns to appropriate government agencies.
- Calculate and distribute sales commissions based on agreed policies, work with management to resolve disputes and provide information to Sales staff on any queried items.
- Preparation and analysis of management reports
- Preparation of month end journal entries & reconciliations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles
- Maintaining accurate financial records, and preparing clear and accurate reports for informational and operational use
- Reconciling accounts, records, reports and journals
- Preparing financial statements, schedules and reports
- Reviewing and verifying accuracy of data
- Making sound, independent judgments within established policies and procedures
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines
- Communication to interact effectively with co-workers, managers, customers sufficient to convey information and to receive work direction
- Understanding of sales contracts and revenue recognition accounting standards
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field of study
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Working towards a Professional Accounting Designation an asset
- Advanced skills with Excel
- Experience with Simply Accounting
HOW TO APPLY
Procura offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are proud to employ a group of talented individuals who want to have a tangible impact on the company they work for.
If you are interested in working for Procura, please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format.