Procter & Gamble

Procter & Gamble Employee Reviews in Canada

Procter and Gamble CDC
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONNovember 26, 2013
Procter and Gamble is a large company who prides itself on taking care of it's employees. In the smaller sub-set of organizations within P&G it is sometimes difficult to do so. At the Brantford CDC there is a good team environment, but no room for advancement unless you move to Toronto or the US. The work is nice, and I like working in the QA environment it creates a lot of opportunities to learn in dffierent areas.
Pros
part of a large organization
Cons
no place for advancement within currently location
Adecco
Line worker for the "Swiffer (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONNovember 20, 2013
the hours were great balanced well and manageable. the company around you varies due to so many different types of people working there but that also made it a fun place to work..

the job is not all that dependable tho due to lack of work therefore you are not guaranteed your hours although you may always show up for your shifts.
Pros
alot of breaks
Cons
not realiable hours
Faced Paced Environment
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONNovember 20, 2013
Typical day for me including making sales, handling cash and card transactions and balancing float. I learned how to thrive in a fast paced environment. Management was understanding and helpful. Co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was handling peak times where there were many people waiting in line to cash out. Most enjoyable part of my job was working with friends.
Cons
weekend shifts
Great workplace. Great managers!
Materials Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 16, 2013
A friendly atmosphere. Managers have grace under pressure. Very professional.
Pros
great company if you can be hired full time permanent
Cons
contract positions
working with boxes
Prodigy Personal (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONOctober 8, 2013
get to work, sign in. wait till 10:45 and we have a short meeting that explain what were doing right and what not to do, we get safety tips and know what the custumer wants. we pick a line we want to work on and work. a typical day is fast pace work. you learn how to make different type of boxes and displays. management can be a little hard at times if were behind on projects. the co-workers are really nice people to work with. everyone has really good stories and expirence. there are some co-workers that are hard to deal with, but i walk pass them. hardest part of the job is the long hours. best part is the lovely people that work there and some fun you have there.
Pros
paid breaks, nice people
Cons
long hours, short breaks
I like my job there
Associate/full time/ area 1&5 tech (Current Employee) –  belleville ontarioOctober 2, 2013
they do not pay well i have been there for 5 years and have a perfect record
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 15, 2013
Was good to work with the full time employees they were great people to work with i learn to operate small machine for cosmetics. management was great also co worker was very cooperative and fun to work with, the hardest part was to able to grab all the product on the line i used to enjoyed going to work everyday was great to work with all those different type of cosmetics and the people.
Job was great but senior management did not value sales force
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2013
Learned a lot about retail operations, great people to work with, great products, customer interactions and building business with then was wonderful.

Job very unstable as senior management was constantly cutting costs and did not see the value of having their own sales force. They outsourced everything now therefore the company will be represented by non P&G'ers.
Pros
great managers, people, product line, promos etc
Cons
company did not value sales force
Very safe envioment to work in and work is challenging.
Contract Tech (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ONAugust 23, 2013
Working at P&G is pleasant and most challenging. Has a very clean work envioment and co-workers are very pleasant.
Swiffer Support Staff
Administrative Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONJuly 3, 2013
Build reports
Data entry
Interoffice communication
Microsoft Office
Pros
great hours
Continuous Learning Environment
Plant Technician/Electrical Support (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 19, 2013
P&G is an equal opportunity employer who have provided me the opportunity to grow and evolve my skills as a Plant Technician.
Safety procedures and tight schedules enabled me to work under pressure and produce product at the highest quality.
It was a temp job for me
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brockville,OntarioMay 13, 2013
I had a good time working there untill they removed the only fast paced line they had in there. The other employees were not very kind and kind of snobby towards anyone who was new.
Retail Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2013
Great collaboration, ability to take risk, challenging assignments and great leadership
Pros
great culture
Cons
international assigment required for advancement
Productive and fun to work, great brand portfolio to represent, great work-life balance.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 18, 2013
Sign into store, check if management is present for various departments and let them know you are there, walk the store for any opportunities for display or concerns, open conversation, present new info or promos, check program compliance or things that need to be done that is on the priority list, address any concerns, ask for what you want like display, close the sale. I learn alot on a continuous basis from managers in my accounts, managers and team leads from P&G, I learn to challenge myself more. I enjoy seeing my accounts on a monthly basis and look forward to offering them my passion and knowlege in the industry to help grow sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking about new and exciting product launches and getting new technology to make our jobs more efficient, easier, and effective. For example using the ipads in each sales call in the last 2 years.
Pros
great benefits, free product, not to be micro-managed, represent an awesome brand portfolio that i believe in, great ethics and values to be a part of.
Cons
job insecurity in the last couple of years
fun place to work
Area 1 operator (Former Employee) –  bellville ONApril 8, 2013
i love my job there i learned alot working there but i was removed becuase i worked for adecco. they are a temp agencies, they moved me becuase they owed me money. and now i can get it becuase they blocked my number.
Pros
fun ppl to work with.
Cons
adecco
okay work place
production worker (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONMarch 21, 2013
decent brakes. long hours.
really loud. not that organized
Currently good place to work
Technician- Duties (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ONMarch 15, 2013
We work as a team to get quality production. The management needs more communication with employees, We are like a second family due to long hours with each of us.

I enjoy learning new things, wish to expand on my experience.
Pros
product sales thru united way committee
Cons
long hours, too much overtime
....
assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMarch 4, 2013
losuy because of shift work, but good people, packaged and sorted pads
Working for such a globally recongnized company made you feel important
Forklift Technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 19, 2013
-Typical day at work was generally long, quick turn-around from nights (630pm-7am) to days (630am-7pm).
-Just like in all work places some management was amazing, others lacked interpersonal skills.
-Hardest part of the job was the quick turn arounds from nights to days, and the 12.5 hr shifts, which left you with hardly and family time.
-Best part of the job was being part of a team that works for a globally recognized company, and seeing your results within the company.
Pros
the company is more safety oriented than any other i have worked for. decent wages.
Cons
long days, rotating continental shifts leave hardly any time for family, minimal benefits unless you are permanent full-time
good place to work, steady hours and great routine
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 26, 2013
typical work day would start at 6:50, I would relived night staff and order materials and a forklift would drop them off. After prepping materials I was responsible for cross over of materials and disposal of waste. This routine was repeated for and hour and a half till break. My duties included ordering materials using a scanner, Prepping raw materials for processing. and maintaining a regular break schedule.
Pros
due to shift lenth, i was able to have 3 days off after work 4 days.
Cons
long hours resulting in fatigue