Procter & Gamble Employee Reviews

safe working environment
physical work
co-workers are helping
you get breaks every 2 hours that is really helpful
Pros
good breaks
Cons
hard physical work and long shifts
Great company to work for
Order Picker/Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 May 2016
This company is absolute fabulous to work for. I enjoyed working for them and was sad when they moved from Hamilton. They had good working conditions and their hours were good as well.
Pros
Great company
great company
labour (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON12 September 2012
good job,
fast paced,
good hours,
great people,
good benifits,
Pros
paid well
Good for students
Warehouse Logistics Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON30 August 2014
Hours horrible. Good benefits. Poor decisions by management.
working with boxes
Prodigy Personal (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 October 2013
get to work, sign in. wait till 10:45 and we have a short meeting that explain what were doing right and what not to do, we get safety tips and know what the custumer wants. we pick a line we want to work on and work. a typical day is fast pace work. you learn how to make different type of boxes and displays. management can be a little hard at times if were behind on projects. the co-workers are really nice people to work with. everyone has really good stories and expirence. there are some co-workers that are hard to deal with, but i walk pass them. hardest part of the job is the long hours. best part is the lovely people that work there and some fun you have there.
Pros
paid breaks, nice people
Cons
long hours, short breaks
Love it here
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON13 April 2016
I enjoyed this type of work as it was fun and gave me fulfillment. they were awesome with how they kept moral up and enjoyed all the little things they did for their employees.
Pros
dinners once a month free
Cons
was contract
Great company rto learn mangement
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON25 August 2015
Amazing company to learn management skills while working in a competitive environment. A lot of advancement opportunities for the ones willing to relocate around the world.
The Job for me
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON22 January 2016
I found That working with this company was a perfect fit for what my needs and job expectations were. Would definitely welcome the opportunity to work for them on a full time basis not through a temp agency.
Pros
excellent work ethics throughout the plant
Cons
none that i found while i was there
Easy work, decent wages and a safe workplace inviorment.
Warehouse, and Recycle Driver (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON25 February 2015
A typical day at work would start off with a 30 minute team meeting explaining any unusual activities going on in our area of work ( IE. construction). Followed by a vehicle safety cheek lists. Then the day would involve driving to each production line to remove any and all recyclable materials, loading recycled materials into transport trucks for transportation and unloading / loading any dangerous good coming in and or out of the plant. Employees are also responsible for keeping up with any online training that the plant provides and to find and fix any defects throughout there area of work on a shiftily bases.
Pros
Safe, clean, comfortable break areas, in house fitness centre, easy work, staff appreciation every six months
Cons
12 hour rotating shift work, hard to have personal life outside of the workplace, no standardization during training, No training time with coaches, Contry clue atmosphere, no chance for temporary staff to advance, No job security for temp staff
good place to work, steady hours and great routine
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 January 2013
typical work day would start at 6:50, I would relived night staff and order materials and a forklift would drop them off. After prepping materials I was responsible for cross over of materials and disposal of waste. This routine was repeated for and hour and a half till break. My duties included ordering materials using a scanner, Prepping raw materials for processing. and maintaining a regular break schedule.
Pros
due to shift lenth, i was able to have 3 days off after work 4 days.
Cons
long hours resulting in fatigue
Procter and Gamble CDC
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 November 2013
Procter and Gamble is a large company who prides itself on taking care of it's employees. In the smaller sub-set of organizations within P&G it is sometimes difficult to do so. At the Brantford CDC there is a good team environment, but no room for advancement unless you move to Toronto or the US. The work is nice, and I like working in the QA environment it creates a lot of opportunities to learn in dffierent areas.
Pros
part of a large organization
Cons
no place for advancement within currently location
Currently good place to work
Technician- Duties (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON15 March 2013
We work as a team to get quality production. The management needs more communication with employees, We are like a second family due to long hours with each of us.

I enjoy learning new things, wish to expand on my experience.
Pros
product sales thru united way committee
Cons
long hours, too much overtime
Would not reccomend
Assembler / Packager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 November 2015
Only work here if you have no other choice, They rarely hire and only emply through temp to my knowledge. Hard to get too unless you have a car of our own
Pros
nothing
Cons
Far location and low pay.
Love my job but prefer to work straight days
Line Technician (Current Employee) –  Brockville, Ontario16 October 2015
Procter and Gamble's site culture is second to none. Caring for others, following and improving standards, finding and fixing defects, solving issues to a root cause and delivering results with a sense of urgency.
Pros
Wonderful group of people to work with
Cons
12 hour night shifts
Excellent company to work for
Process and Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 September 2015
Excellent company to work for. Learnt a lot about project management during my internship. They follow a long interview process to get the best people for the job.
Job was great but senior management did not value sales force
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2013
Learned a lot about retail operations, great people to work with, great products, customer interactions and building business with then was wonderful.

Job very unstable as senior management was constantly cutting costs and did not see the value of having their own sales force. They outsourced everything now therefore the company will be represented by non P&G'ers.
Pros
Great managers, people, product line, promos etc
Cons
Company did not value sales force
Great Place To Work If More Work Shifts Where Available
Packer / Reciever / Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON30 October 2014
This Job Location was a great job location. The only issues I had with this location was that the supervisors were not too organized when it comes to lack of work shifts or not handling or dealing with some employees that do not follow rules such as coming back from their breaks on time or not working as much, having others to do their work as they stand around. I was very disappointed in a way on how they handled things but the job tasks were no issue depending on who you work with whether they are working with you as a team player. Other than that, this job I would recommend that's if the supervisors are organized and handling issues and concerns.
Pros
Great Work Site and Breaks are fair
Cons
Not enough work hours that they provide and need to enforce rules stronger.
Fast paced working environment in a multi cultural setting.
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario25 August 2014
A typical day at work is fun, productive, and always a new learning experience. Assisting passengers and providing product knowledge as well as regulations for liquid allowances is a regular part of the work. Keeping counters clean, tidy, well stocked is imperative to optimize sales. Working in a fast paced environment and meeting our diverse customers who are either traveling Canadian's or reside over seas, creates a fun and interesting sales experience. Being able to assist customers in Spanish is always rewarding and creates a more comfortable experience for the shopper. Unpredictable but sometimes expected flight delays calls for longer than usual working days, but working with a great group of people makes it all worth while.
Good training ground. Great people to work with.
Assistant Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2015
General Business Management. Big focus on strategy. Lots of multi functional teams. Open concept office with a work from home culture.
Very flexible job.
Retail Merchandising Representative (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario29 September 2012
I really enjoyed all of my customers. We could always accomplish by working together. When you visit stores on a regular basis, you get to know them and they get to know you. This is very important to get the job done.

The hardest part I would say is if our HO would make errors (shipment did not show up on time etc..), but usually this did not happen very often. Would just have to go with the flow and try to get corrected.

I really enjoyed the flexibility of this job. No evenings or weekends. We normally had a time frame to complete projects and was always easy to schedule.
Pros
working in london, great customer base.
Cons
on occasion, when a reline was not given the correct amount of time due to planner error..