Procter & Gamble Employee Reviews

Fast paced working environment in a multi cultural setting.
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioAugust 25, 2014
A typical day at work is fun, productive, and always a new learning experience. Assisting passengers and providing product knowledge as well as regulations for liquid allowances is a regular part of the work. Keeping counters clean, tidy, well stocked is imperative to optimize sales. Working in a fast paced environment and meeting our diverse customers who are either traveling Canadian's or reside over seas, creates a fun and interesting sales experience. Being able to assist customers in Spanish is always rewarding and creates a more comfortable experience for the shopper. Unpredictable but sometimes expected flight delays calls for longer than usual working days, but working with a great group of people makes it all worth while.
Procter and Gamble CDC
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONNovember 26, 2013
Procter and Gamble is a large company who prides itself on taking care of it's employees. In the smaller sub-set of organizations within P&G it is sometimes difficult to do so. At the Brantford CDC there is a good team environment, but no room for advancement unless you move to Toronto or the US. The work is nice, and I like working in the QA environment it creates a lot of opportunities to learn in dffierent areas.
Pros
part of a large organization
Cons
no place for advancement within currently location
working with boxes
Prodigy Personal (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONOctober 8, 2013
get to work, sign in. wait till 10:45 and we have a short meeting that explain what were doing right and what not to do, we get safety tips and know what the custumer wants. we pick a line we want to work on and work. a typical day is fast pace work. you learn how to make different type of boxes and displays. management can be a little hard at times if were behind on projects. the co-workers are really nice people to work with. everyone has really good stories and expirence. there are some co-workers that are hard to deal with, but i walk pass them. hardest part of the job is the long hours. best part is the lovely people that work there and some fun you have there.
Pros
paid breaks, nice people
Cons
long hours, short breaks
Job was great but senior management did not value sales force
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2013
Learned a lot about retail operations, great people to work with, great products, customer interactions and building business with then was wonderful.

Job very unstable as senior management was constantly cutting costs and did not see the value of having their own sales force. They outsourced everything now therefore the company will be represented by non P&G'ers.
Pros
great managers, people, product line, promos etc
Cons
company did not value sales force
Very flexible job.
Retail Merchandising Representative (Former Employee) –  London, OntarioSeptember 29, 2012
I really enjoyed all of my customers. We could always accomplish by working together. When you visit stores on a regular basis, you get to know them and they get to know you. This is very important to get the job done.

The hardest part I would say is if our HO would make errors (shipment did not show up on time etc..), but usually this did not happen very often. Would just have to go with the flow and try to get corrected.

I really enjoyed the flexibility of this job. No evenings or weekends. We normally had a time frame to complete projects and was always easy to schedule.
Pros
working in london, great customer base.
Cons
on occasion, when a reline was not given the correct amount of time due to planner error..
good place to work, steady hours and great routine
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 26, 2013
typical work day would start at 6:50, I would relived night staff and order materials and a forklift would drop them off. After prepping materials I was responsible for cross over of materials and disposal of waste. This routine was repeated for and hour and a half till break. My duties included ordering materials using a scanner, Prepping raw materials for processing. and maintaining a regular break schedule.
Pros
due to shift lenth, i was able to have 3 days off after work 4 days.
Cons
long hours resulting in fatigue
Working for such a globally recongnized company made you feel important
Forklift Technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 19, 2013
-Typical day at work was generally long, quick turn-around from nights (630pm-7am) to days (630am-7pm).
-Just like in all work places some management was amazing, others lacked interpersonal skills.
-Hardest part of the job was the quick turn arounds from nights to days, and the 12.5 hr shifts, which left you with hardly and family time.
-Best part of the job was being part of a team that works for a globally recognized company, and seeing your results within the company.
Pros
the company is more safety oriented than any other i have worked for. decent wages.
Cons
long days, rotating continental shifts leave hardly any time for family, minimal benefits unless you are permanent full-time
Faced Paced Environment
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONNovember 20, 2013
Typical day for me including making sales, handling cash and card transactions and balancing float. I learned how to thrive in a fast paced environment. Management was understanding and helpful. Co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was handling peak times where there were many people waiting in line to cash out. Most enjoyable part of my job was working with friends.
Cons
weekend shifts
I don't understand how google tops this company as best place to work
R & D Intern - Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 1, 2014
The best company to work for. The company is huge with lots of areas to move into or out of. Engineers can be seen in the finance or business department.
Highly diverse and extremely strong leadership.
Pros
strong leaders, great corportate culture, great salary, diverse and strong focus on work life balance.
Cons
job security since the rescession
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 15, 2013
Was good to work with the full time employees they were great people to work with i learn to operate small machine for cosmetics. management was great also co worker was very cooperative and fun to work with, the hardest part was to able to grab all the product on the line i used to enjoyed going to work everyday was great to work with all those different type of cosmetics and the people.
Adecco
Line worker for the "Swiffer (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONNovember 20, 2013
the hours were great balanced well and manageable. the company around you varies due to so many different types of people working there but that also made it a fun place to work..

the job is not all that dependable tho due to lack of work therefore you are not guaranteed your hours although you may always show up for your shifts.
Pros
alot of breaks
Cons
not realiable hours
Great buisness, enjoyed my 10 years there
Lead Receiver (Former Employee) –  MississaugaDecember 6, 2012
fast paced buisness, learned a lot about distribution during my time there, management was fair and flexible, strong relationship with close knit team of co-workers, most enjoyable was doing a good job and seeing my results at the end of the day.
Pros
many pros, was a great job
Cons
got laid off due to change in how they wanted to run the buisness
Currently good place to work
Technician- Duties (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ONMarch 15, 2013
We work as a team to get quality production. The management needs more communication with employees, We are like a second family due to long hours with each of us.

I enjoy learning new things, wish to expand on my experience.
Pros
product sales thru united way committee
Cons
long hours, too much overtime
Easy work, decent wages and a safe workplace inviorment.
Warehouse, and Recycle Driver (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day at work would start off with a 30 minute team meeting explaining any unusual activities going on in our area of work ( IE. construction). Followed by a vehicle safety cheek lists. Then the day would involve driving to each production line to remove any and all recyclable materials, loading recycled materials into transport trucks for transportation and unloading / loading any dangerous good coming in and or out of the plant. Employees are also responsible for keeping up with any online training that the plant provides and to find and fix any defects throughout there area of work on a shiftily bases.
Pros
safe, clean, comfortable break areas, in house fitness centre, easy work, staff appreciation every six months
Cons
12 hour rotating shift work, hard to have personal life outside of the workplace, no standardization during training, no training time with coaches, contry clue atmosphere, no chance for temporary staff to advance, no job security for temp staff
Is the best univerity to learm
Trade Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  venezuelaFebruary 4, 2015
If you compare companies with the universities procter should be MIT or Harvard, I mean it is a company that prepared and trained their employees , and the best in P&G is that you "grow from within"
Fun workplace, amazing opportunities for collaboration.
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  North YorkJuly 22, 2014
Great open work space, very modern and conducive to quality work and collaboration.

Lots of chances to liaise with almost anyone who could help with anything I may have been stuck on, or needed support with.
Pros
very modern & open work space.
Continuous Learning Environment
Plant Technician/Electrical Support (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 19, 2013
P&G is an equal opportunity employer who have provided me the opportunity to grow and evolve my skills as a Plant Technician.
Safety procedures and tight schedules enabled me to work under pressure and produce product at the highest quality.
should work there forever.
Administrative Analyst Support (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 2, 2015
very good company with great technology and great culture.

well managed and great projects.

but schedules are very tide.
Productive and professional company
Technical Education Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ontario and Western CanadaOctober 21, 2014
Treated their employee's with respect, family oriented environment
loved the training element of the position
Pros
loved the training and coaching aspect
Cons
traceling time away from family
Outstanding company, supportive and successful
Administrative Assistant / Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2014
Routine work at administrative desk, for happy people. Well managed, interesting products.
Pros
great hr and great management
Cons
occasional downsizing