Procter & Gamble

Procter & Gamble Employee Reviews in Canada

Easy work, decent wages and a safe workplace inviorment.
Warehouse, and Recycle Driver (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day at work would start off with a 30 minute team meeting explaining any unusual activities going on in our area of work ( IE. construction). Followed by a vehicle safety cheek lists. Then the day would involve driving to each production line to remove any and all recyclable materials, loading recycled materials into transport trucks for transportation and unloading / loading any dangerous good coming in and or out of the plant. Employees are also responsible for keeping up with any online training that the plant provides and to find and fix any defects throughout there area of work on a shiftily bases.
Pros
safe, clean, comfortable break areas, in house fitness centre, easy work, staff appreciation every six months
Cons
12 hour rotating shift work, hard to have personal life outside of the workplace, no standardization during training, no training time with coaches, contry clue atmosphere, no chance for temporary staff to advance, no job security for temp staff
Productive and fun to work, great brand portfolio to represent, great work-life balance.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 18, 2013
Sign into store, check if management is present for various departments and let them know you are there, walk the store for any opportunities for display or concerns, open conversation, present new info or promos, check program compliance or things that need to be done that is on the priority list, address any concerns, ask for what you want like display, close the sale. I learn alot on a continuous basis from managers in my accounts, managers and team leads from P&G, I learn to challenge myself more. I enjoy seeing my accounts on a monthly basis and look forward to offering them my passion and knowlege in the industry to help grow sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking about new and exciting product launches and getting new technology to make our jobs more efficient, easier, and effective. For example using the ipads in each sales call in the last 2 years.
Pros
great benefits, free product, not to be micro-managed, represent an awesome brand portfolio that i believe in, great ethics and values to be a part of.
Cons
job insecurity in the last couple of years
career services
fixing machines mishaps (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONJune 25, 2015
I worked with career services at P &G. I got to learn all different characters of my co-workers and how to get along. hardest part was counting all the dusters sheets by hand to make sure the right number was in the box.
should work there forever.
Administrative Analyst Support (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 2, 2015
very good company with great technology and great culture.

well managed and great projects.

but schedules are very tide.
productive secure place to work with extremely long hours for the physical pace required
Technician (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONMarch 1, 2015
the hardest part about my job is the 12.5 hr expectation for the continental rotation shifts. Breaks are not always implemented regularly based on the problems the arise. With the physical nature of my job spaced out breaks would be beneficial.
Pros
good employee benefits
Cons
long shifts, very physical
Currently good place to work
Technician- Duties (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ONMarch 15, 2013
We work as a team to get quality production. The management needs more communication with employees, We are like a second family due to long hours with each of us.

I enjoy learning new things, wish to expand on my experience.
Pros
product sales thru united way committee
Cons
long hours, too much overtime
Procter and Gamble CDC
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONNovember 26, 2013
Procter and Gamble is a large company who prides itself on taking care of it's employees. In the smaller sub-set of organizations within P&G it is sometimes difficult to do so. At the Brantford CDC there is a good team environment, but no room for advancement unless you move to Toronto or the US. The work is nice, and I like working in the QA environment it creates a lot of opportunities to learn in dffierent areas.
Pros
part of a large organization
Cons
no place for advancement within currently location
Retail Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2013
Great collaboration, ability to take risk, challenging assignments and great leadership
Pros
great culture
Cons
international assigment required for advancement
Good for students
Warehouse Logistics Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONAugust 30, 2014
Hours horrible. Good benefits. Poor decisions by management.
good place to work, steady hours and great routine
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 26, 2013
typical work day would start at 6:50, I would relived night staff and order materials and a forklift would drop them off. After prepping materials I was responsible for cross over of materials and disposal of waste. This routine was repeated for and hour and a half till break. My duties included ordering materials using a scanner, Prepping raw materials for processing. and maintaining a regular break schedule.
Pros
due to shift lenth, i was able to have 3 days off after work 4 days.
Cons
long hours resulting in fatigue
Job was great but senior management did not value sales force
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2013
Learned a lot about retail operations, great people to work with, great products, customer interactions and building business with then was wonderful.

Job very unstable as senior management was constantly cutting costs and did not see the value of having their own sales force. They outsourced everything now therefore the company will be represented by non P&G'ers.
Pros
great managers, people, product line, promos etc
Cons
company did not value sales force
great company
labour (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONSeptember 12, 2012
good job,
fast paced,
good hours,
great people,
good benifits,
Pros
paid well
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONFebruary 2, 2015
This workplace is a good job. The hardest part of the job is when the work is slow and the hours get cut back. Management does what they can to make the job easier for the employees.
Great Place To Work If More Work Shifts Where Available
Packer / Reciever / Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONOctober 30, 2014
This Job Location was a great job location. The only issues I had with this location was that the supervisors were not too organized when it comes to lack of work shifts or not handling or dealing with some employees that do not follow rules such as coming back from their breaks on time or not working as much, having others to do their work as they stand around. I was very disappointed in a way on how they handled things but the job tasks were no issue depending on who you work with whether they are working with you as a team player. Other than that, this job I would recommend that's if the supervisors are organized and handling issues and concerns.
Pros
great work site and breaks are fair
Cons
not enough work hours that they provide and need to enforce rules stronger.
Faced Paced Environment
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONNovember 20, 2013
Typical day for me including making sales, handling cash and card transactions and balancing float. I learned how to thrive in a fast paced environment. Management was understanding and helpful. Co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was handling peak times where there were many people waiting in line to cash out. Most enjoyable part of my job was working with friends.
Cons
weekend shifts
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 15, 2013
Was good to work with the full time employees they were great people to work with i learn to operate small machine for cosmetics. management was great also co worker was very cooperative and fun to work with, the hardest part was to able to grab all the product on the line i used to enjoyed going to work everyday was great to work with all those different type of cosmetics and the people.
Outstanding company, supportive and successful
Administrative Assistant / Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2014
Routine work at administrative desk, for happy people. Well managed, interesting products.
Pros
great hr and great management
Cons
occasional downsizing
Fast paced working environment in a multi cultural setting.
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioAugust 25, 2014
A typical day at work is fun, productive, and always a new learning experience. Assisting passengers and providing product knowledge as well as regulations for liquid allowances is a regular part of the work. Keeping counters clean, tidy, well stocked is imperative to optimize sales. Working in a fast paced environment and meeting our diverse customers who are either traveling Canadian's or reside over seas, creates a fun and interesting sales experience. Being able to assist customers in Spanish is always rewarding and creates a more comfortable experience for the shopper. Unpredictable but sometimes expected flight delays calls for longer than usual working days, but working with a great group of people makes it all worth while.
Great buisness, enjoyed my 10 years there
Lead Receiver (Former Employee) –  MississaugaDecember 6, 2012
fast paced buisness, learned a lot about distribution during my time there, management was fair and flexible, strong relationship with close knit team of co-workers, most enjoyable was doing a good job and seeing my results at the end of the day.
Pros
many pros, was a great job
Cons
got laid off due to change in how they wanted to run the buisness
Very flexible job.
Retail Merchandising Representative (Former Employee) –  London, OntarioSeptember 29, 2012
I really enjoyed all of my customers. We could always accomplish by working together. When you visit stores on a regular basis, you get to know them and they get to know you. This is very important to get the job done.

The hardest part I would say is if our HO would make errors (shipment did not show up on time etc..), but usually this did not happen very often. Would just have to go with the flow and try to get corrected.

I really enjoyed the flexibility of this job. No evenings or weekends. We normally had a time frame to complete projects and was always easy to schedule.
Pros
working in london, great customer base.
Cons
on occasion, when a reline was not given the correct amount of time due to planner error..