Procter & Gamble Employee Reviews

Ok
Assistant Team Leader Logistics (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON13 July 2016
This is a great job if you are in Converting. Anywhere else in the building you are a second class employee. I work in logistics where you get no training, pressured to "own" your job, and your pay raises at 9 months and so on will be at least 3 months late. Also they will try and get you to do a leadership role without any increases in pay. 12 hour rapid rotation shifts hard to get use to. And if you are a temp outside of converting be careful cause management strings you along
Pros
Pay scale is good
Cons
hours, management, training, employee fairness
Best of bad options
Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON22 June 2016
The job itself is rather easy as most of your work is just cleaning machines and rethreading them when they go down, or you are doing quality, or driving a fork truck, or if your line is down you could find yourself palletizing which really is not the most fun job in the world.

Depending on the line you end up on management can be great at the direct level, but often times the engineers who are incharge of the departments have no real idea of what goes on as far as work. They often blame the employees for what is actually the machines fault.

Coworkers are often great to your face, but due to the very cut throat nature of getting promoted people are often talking about you the minute you walk away from them. In fact it was one of the worst workplaces I have ever been in for that.

I wouldn't recommend working here if you don't have to.
Pros
Pay is decent, you always know your schedule, overtime is always available
Cons
Coworkers are back stabbers, breaks are never consistent, management are awful, yearly chest xrays
unaccepting culture among some workers,indifference with others.Management was acceptable
Technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON25 November 2016
I am unable to say any more due to legal reasons concerning my termination and compensation. I can offer no further comment.
Pros
descent perks from the company
Cons
some co-workers
Productive workplace with friendly employees
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 March 2016
my experience here was great, the management was great, employees were nice and friendly. this company did not discriminate against any culture from working there, that was nice to see.
the hours were good at the time , the wage was ok at the time. the work was not strenuous in any way, any strenuous work for females was done by the males.
it is a productive company
Quality Control Technician-Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 July 2016
8hours in a day morning 8to 5pm.I did lots of Analytical Tests and instrumental Anlysis,Co-workers are friendly.Management is caring .Some sampling.The food is most enjoyable
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
some work is more time
Productive fun place to work, with lots of extras
Contract Technician (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON9 November 2016
12 hour shifts, challenging, Nights and the cement floors were the most difficult. I had wonderful teams and loved the people I worked with. Many are still friends. Lots of opportunity to volunteer with United Way committee.
Pros
Bonus lunches and great Christmas baskets
Cons
Long shifts on cement floors
productive
Laborer (Current Employee) –  belleville12 February 2016
I want to join in husky... I want to learn something through work of husky. this company has good management but difficult to find shifts..
Pros
breaks
Cons
very productive and great working place environment with strong team work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Canada19 April 2016
Managed key accounts throughout the Montreal region, Merchandised product lines and coordinated promotional events.
Retail sales within the pharmacies and wholesalers.
Worker (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 February 2016
good management
safe working environment
physical work
co-workers are helping
you get breaks every 2 hours that is really helpful
Pros
good breaks
Cons
hard physical work and long shifts
Great company rto learn mangement
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON25 August 2015
Amazing company to learn management skills while working in a competitive environment. A lot of advancement opportunities for the ones willing to relocate around the world.
Good workplace
Part-time worker (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 July 2016
good overall.less work for part time employees.team work is good.doing work is very difficult.fast pace environment.
Pros
caffeteria at workplace
Cons
less breaks
Wonderful people and great atmosphere to work! Highly competitive and not for the faint of heart
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2014
Procter & Gamble is a great place to work! There are numerous learning and career advancement opportunities, as well as a strong focus on learning quickly and adding significant value.

The company strongly adhere's to it's PVPs, which attracts the best and brightest from all over. Lots of great perks and benefits to the job, including numerous team-building and cross-functional social events.

Being a promote-from-within company, management can be harder to persuade / convince to push the status quo and move to newer methodologies and technologies. The size of the company also makes it difficult to make quick change, which can mean more work hours at times.

Overall, the mentorship and breadth of experiences of P&G employees was astonishing and I learned so many skills, including Project Management, App Management, Business Transformation, and so much more! It is definitely a great place to develop lifelong skills and pursue a long-term career.
Pros
Occasional free lunches; sponsored off-site events; great social events
Cons
Significant reductions in travel; quite internally competitive; long global work hours
Great company to work for
Order Picker/Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 May 2016
This company is absolute fabulous to work for. I enjoyed working for them and was sad when they moved from Hamilton. They had good working conditions and their hours were good as well.
Pros
Great company
Cons
I don't understand how google tops this company as best place to work
R & D Intern - Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2014
The best company to work for. The company is huge with lots of areas to move into or out of. Engineers can be seen in the finance or business department.
Highly diverse and extremely strong leadership.
Pros
Strong leaders, great corportate culture, great salary, diverse and strong focus on work life balance.
Cons
Job security since the rescession
Working for such a globally recongnized company made you feel important
Forklift Technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 February 2013
-Typical day at work was generally long, quick turn-around from nights (630pm-7am) to days (630am-7pm).
-Just like in all work places some management was amazing, others lacked interpersonal skills.
-Hardest part of the job was the quick turn arounds from nights to days, and the 12.5 hr shifts, which left you with hardly and family time.
-Best part of the job was being part of a team that works for a globally recognized company, and seeing your results within the company.
Pros
the company is more safety oriented than any other i have worked for. decent wages.
Cons
long days, rotating continental shifts leave hardly any time for family, minimal benefits unless you are permanent full-time
Love it here
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON13 April 2016
I enjoyed this type of work as it was fun and gave me fulfillment. they were awesome with how they kept moral up and enjoyed all the little things they did for their employees.
Pros
dinners once a month free
Cons
was contract
working with boxes
Prodigy Personal (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 October 2013
get to work, sign in. wait till 10:45 and we have a short meeting that explain what were doing right and what not to do, we get safety tips and know what the custumer wants. we pick a line we want to work on and work. a typical day is fast pace work. you learn how to make different type of boxes and displays. management can be a little hard at times if were behind on projects. the co-workers are really nice people to work with. everyone has really good stories and expirence. there are some co-workers that are hard to deal with, but i walk pass them. hardest part of the job is the long hours. best part is the lovely people that work there and some fun you have there.
Pros
paid breaks, nice people
Cons
long hours, short breaks
Productive and fun to work, great brand portfolio to represent, great work-life balance.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2013
Sign into store, check if management is present for various departments and let them know you are there, walk the store for any opportunities for display or concerns, open conversation, present new info or promos, check program compliance or things that need to be done that is on the priority list, address any concerns, ask for what you want like display, close the sale. I learn alot on a continuous basis from managers in my accounts, managers and team leads from P&G, I learn to challenge myself more. I enjoy seeing my accounts on a monthly basis and look forward to offering them my passion and knowlege in the industry to help grow sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking about new and exciting product launches and getting new technology to make our jobs more efficient, easier, and effective. For example using the ipads in each sales call in the last 2 years.
Pros
great benefits, free product, not to be micro-managed, represent an awesome brand portfolio that i believe in, great ethics and values to be a part of.
Cons
job insecurity in the last couple of years
The Job for me
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON22 January 2016
I found That working with this company was a perfect fit for what my needs and job expectations were. Would definitely welcome the opportunity to work for them on a full time basis not through a temp agency.
Pros
excellent work ethics throughout the plant
Cons
none that i found while i was there
Love my job but prefer to work straight days
Line Technician (Current Employee) –  Brockville, Ontario16 October 2015
Procter and Gamble's site culture is second to none. Caring for others, following and improving standards, finding and fixing defects, solving issues to a root cause and delivering results with a sense of urgency.
Pros
Wonderful group of people to work with
Cons
12 hour night shifts