Are you a hard working team player who is detail driven, and enjoys a challenge? Then this position may be made for you! We need an event professional who is a natural born planner, possesses a keen understanding of tech requirements and has an analytical mind.
Procreation Design Works, Inc. is a full service Conference, Meeting and Event Production Company based in North Vancouver, BC, and operating worldwide. We’re experienced in producing world-class conferences and events with the utmost attention to detail. Our keen commitment to client service defines every interaction with clients, partners, and multiple project stakeholders.
Venue Services Associate- Technical Production
The ideal candidate will assist our Venue Services team in regards to coordinating build out, load in/out and RFP’s. In addition they would have a background in planning and managing the technical aspects of large scale events.
- Assist the Venue Services team with the coordination of the Venue build-out
- Understand and execute all technical aspects and requirements for the conference including AV, lighting, webstream and IT
- Work directly with venue Technical Directors, engineers, building operations and security staff to ensure requirements are met
- Liaise directly between the stage design/build teams, directors team and client to achieve a vision that is on-budget, technically feasible, and visually astounding
- Keep up-to-date on all building schematics and engineering, and discuss any challenges that may arise
- Manage and maintain budgets for related expenses
- Source/negotiate contracts with suppliers and vendors
- Determine load-in/strike and production schedules
- Perform risk assessments
- Assist the Venue Services team on logistical components of the conferences
- Minimum 3 years Production management and Event experience
- Adept technical knowledge of lighting, audio, video production, electrical and webstream
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Vectorworks, Microsoft Office applications and Macs
- Strong organizational skills and acute attention to detail
- Able to work long hours, evenings and weekends
- Proven ability to meet deadline, targets and budgets
- Ability to ask the right questions, foresee challenges and solve problems
- Easily able to handle multiple projects with differing deadlines and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Please note: This role is approximately 90% office based, 10% onsite
Interested candidates with the above qualifications can send their cover letter and resume along with salary expectations to the email provided. Please include “Venue Services Associate- Technical Production” in the subject line of your email. We thank all candidates for their application but only suitable candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Procreation Design Works, Inc. is a full service Conference, Meeting and Event Production Agency based in North Vancouver, BC, and operating...