Are you a hard working team player who is detail driven, and enjoys a challenge? Then this position may be made for you! We need an event professional who is a natural born planner, possesses a keen understanding of tech requirements and has an analytical mind.
Procreation Design Works, Inc. is a full service Conference, Meeting and Event Production Company based in North Vancouver, BC, and operating worldwide. We’re experienced in producing world-class conferences and events with the utmost attention to detail. Our keen commitment to client service defines every interaction with clients, partners, and multiple project stakeholders.
Venue Services Associate- Technical Production
The ideal candidate will assist our Venue Services team in regards to coordinating build out, load in/out and RFP’s. In addition they would have a background in planning and managing the technical aspects of large scale events.
- Assist the Venue Services team with the coordination of the Venue build-out
- Understand and execute all technical aspects and requirements for the conference including AV, lighting, webstream and IT
- Work directly with venue Technical Directors, engineers, building operations and security staff to ensure requirements are met
- Liaise directly between the stage design/build teams, directors team and client to achieve a vision that is on-budget, technically feasible, and visually astounding
- Keep up-to-date on all building schematics and engineering, and discuss any challenges that may arise
- Manage and maintain budgets for related expenses
- Source/negotiate contracts with suppliers and vendors
- Determine load-in/strike and production schedules
- Perform risk assessments
- Assist the Venue Services team on logistical components of the conferences
- Minimum 3 years Production management and Event experience
- Adept technical knowledge of lighting, audio, video production, electrical and webstream
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Vectorworks, Microsoft Office applications and Macs
- Strong organizational skills and acute attention to detail
- Able to work long hours, evenings and weekends
- Proven ability to meet deadline, targets and budgets
- Ability to ask the right questions, foresee challenges and solve problems
- Easily able to handle multiple projects with differing deadlines and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Please note: This role is approximately 90% office based, 10% onsite
Interested candidates with the above qualifications can send their cover letter and resume along with salary expectations to the email provided. Please include “Venue Services Associate- Technical Production” in the subject line of your email. We thank all candidates for their application but only suitable candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please.