We are a mid size event production company based out of North Vancouver and operating worldwide. We specialize in producing large scale, global events with the utmost attention to detail. Our team is passionate, driven, creative and dedicated to consistently exceeding their client’s expectations.
This individual will be responsible for overseeing all the HR functions for a group of approximately 50 staff (full-time and independent contractors). The candidate must have a strong foundation in all facets of HR including Employee Relations, Health & Safety, Policy Revision, Recruitment, Performance Management and Compensation & Benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expertise, analysis and advice to managers & directors relating to performance management, coaching, recruitment, selection, employee relations, conflict resolution, classification, salary administration, training and HR related legislation
- Work with managers & directors to forecast and plan for future HR requirements
- Manage full-cycle recruitment and selection process
- Negotiate employee/contractor agreements, contracts and salaries
- Develop and implement HR policies and procedures
- Work with directors to assess organizational needs from HR perspective, advise on strategies and programs that identify, attract, align and retain talent
- Coordinate internal and external training and development
- Conduct annual employee surveys, develop & implement retention and engagement strategies
- Proactively resolve human resources issues and demonstrate innovative thinking by researching, analyzing and preparing recommendations
- Coach and motivate the team
- Administer health and safety programs
Skills and Experience:
- University Degree with a specialization in Human Resources Management
- Certified Human Resources Professional designation (CHRP) is a strong asset
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, working in Mac environment
- Strong human resources and business acumen
- Minimum 5 years HR Generalist experience
- Proven track record in planning, leading and implementing HR initiatives
- Proven success in developing and maintaining effective relationships amongst employees, managers and directors
- Ability to manage conflict resolution
- Team coaching, mentoring and management skills
- Tactful and professional written and verbal communications
- Superior interpersonal skills; ability to influence and be assertive when necessary; emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated good judgment and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Solid working knowledge of all relevant legislation (ESA, Human Rights Code and OHS)
Please send your cover letter and resume along with salary expectations to the email provided.
We thank all candidates for their application but only suitable candidates will be contacted. All resumes are handled in strictest confidence.
Procreation Design Works, Inc. is a full service Conference, Meeting and Event Production Agency based in North Vancouver, BC, and operating...