Are you a hard working, highly organized, extremely detail oriented event pro that loves a challenge? Then this position may be for you!
Procreation Design Works, Inc. is a full service Conference, Meeting and Event Production Agency based in North Vancouver, BC, and operating worldwide. We're experienced in producing world-class conferences and events with the utmost attention to detail. Our keen commitment to client service defines every interaction with clients, partners, and multiple project stakeholders. We are looking for strong motivated self-starter that is able to work strongly within a team of 35 people.
As Venue Services Manager you will manage a team who are responsible for the following planning positions for Conferences we produce:
- Technology / Electrical
- Computer and equipment rental
- Schedules / Outlines
- Creative / Design
- Budgeting / Proposals
- Warehousing / Shipping /
- Contracts / Destinations
- Load In/Load Out coordination
- Coordinate bookstore partner
- Liaise with partners
- Local staffing arrangements
- Local security arrangements
- Furniture / Room Set-up
- Load-In / Access
- Load-Out / Warehousing
INDIVIDUAL DUTIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Budget responsibility including development and maintenance for specific aspects of the Conference budgets
- Work with and refine processes for all aspects of the conference production and internal office procedures
- Develop critical paths for all assigned projects
- Collaborate to develop solutions for individual and team responsibilities
- Ensure that the work you produce is feeding into to the long term institutional knowledge for future Conferences
- Contribute to the well being of PDW company, team and workplace
1. Organizational skills – paramount to everything we do at PDW, it is our core business
2. Attention to detail - the ability to review every aspect of a situation
3. Exemplary time management skills – meet timelines and critical paths for several conferences at once
4. Ability to multi-task – keep many tasks in progress at once
5. Discipline to Process – process drives our work environment and it is a team process
6. Adaptability – the workgroup is a team approach and requires the individual to adapt to different positions on the team for each conference
7. Questioning mind – the ability to ask the right questions
8. Critical thinking – think through every aspect of a situation
9. Ability to negotiate – to leverage the best situation for the budget provided
10. Vision – ability to anticipate the long term outcome of a specific action
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED IN A SIMILAR POSITION. MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE OF A TEAM REQUIRED.
The working environment is fast paced. Applicants must possess high energy and work well under deadlines. Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects a must. Flexibility, willingness to shoulder responsibility, highly developed organizational skill, positive attitude, sense of humour, ability to take constructive feedback, are all desirable personality traits.
Interested candidates with the above qualifications can send their cover letter and resume along with salary expectations to the email provided. Please include “Venue Services Manager” in the subject line of your email. All resumes are handled in strictest confidence. We thank all candidates for their application but only suitable candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please.