Want to work with an innovative brand, producing world-class events that bring together leading thinkers and talent? At PDW, we organize and execute global events and conferences for TED. We have an exciting new opening for a highly organized production coordinator to join the team. This role sits within the Events team and plays a vital part in ensuring the team’s success at upcoming events.
Putting together one of kind events around the globe for our discerning clients. From beginning to end you will source locations, activities and transportation to create unique events all around the world.
You must pride yourself on having superb attention to detail, strong communication and project management skills and remain calm under pressure. You should be experienced in driving internal processes to ensure projects stay on time and confident multi-tasking across projects.
- Develop creative concepts for following year’s events
- Research venues and budget costs
- RFP vendors for furniture, décor, floral, linen, tenting, A/V
- Work with the city regarding any permits
- Develop budgets as assigned
- Keep within tight budget guidelines
- Negotiate with all vendors to keep within tight budget guidelines
- Develop critical paths for TED events/activities
- Work with sponsor concierge if sponsors are involved in any events/activities
- Coordinate floral and linen needs for TED team
- Activities, master classes and recreation coordination
This person will be highly organized with an extremely sharp eye for detail, strong communication skills and excel in deadline-driven environment. They should be confident managing multiple priorities whilst maintaining the highest level of accuracy. The applicant should love coordinating teams’ workflow, managing external suppliers and communicating with a variety of stakeholders. They must excel at project management and planning ahead as well as problem-solving to ensure projects stay on time and budget.
Key skills include:
- 3 years events experience
- Highly organized
- Coordination and project management experience
- Superb attention to detail across all work
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced environment
- Lateral thinker/ problem solver
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with all levels of management, staff, and clients.
- Strong sense of integrity to maintain confidentiality of proprietary information
- Superb communicator who delivers good working relationships
- Experience managing status reports, tracking docs and order forms
- Works well in highly pressurized situations
- Works well independently and also within team environments
- Competent on Macs, Ms Office (particularly Excel) and Google Docs
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those short-listed will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Procreation Design Works, Inc. is a full service Conference, Meeting and Event Production Company based in North Vancouver, BC, and operating worldwide. We're experienced in producing world-class conferences and events with the utmost attention to detail. Our keen commitment to client service defines every interaction with clients, partners, and multiple project stakeholders.