Supervisor, Technical Training
Procor Limited is the leading Canadian lessor of specialized railcars and services. Procor Rail Services, a division of Procor Limited, operates a network of fixed, mobile and on customer site service.
The position of Supervisor, Technical Training, located in Alberta, has recently been created.
This position is accountable for establishing training needs, facilitating the training, training the trainer and implementing the training programs and objectives required to safety and efficiently complete railcar repairs in both fixed and mobile locations. Planned expansions to existing facilities and new opportunities will require an influx of motivated, trained and safety oriented individuals to meet the expected workload and to satisfy customer requirements. In addition, current employees will need skills enhancement and training to meet current and future requirements.
The principal duties in this position are as follows:
- Responsible for company wide training on AAR rules/regulations and related training.
- Establish, implement, and provide training for the Continuous Improvement program across the shops, mobiles and on-sites (USa). Monitor for sustainability through, coaching and communication.
- Main contact for Procor involvement of any Apprenticeship programs.
- Responsible for the assessment of current training needs and its implementation.
- Determine the best delivery channel – internal knowledge or external resources, face to face or distance learning.
- Identify new technical training needs.
- Provides technical training and certifications for all main shops, mobiles and on-sites.
- Retain & update existing training and training tools.
- Implement train-the-trainer in appropriate areas for continuity & economic feasibility.
- Arranges for certification of work to be completed on mobiles and on-sites.
- Other related duties as assigned.
This is a challenging position for a person with a very good understanding of the rail industry. The candidate must have confidence in their leadership, management, coaching and organizational skills. A background in training and facilitating educational programs would be an asset.
We are an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive package, competitive
benefits, a generous pension plan and other fringe benefits.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Procor Limited, but only successful
candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please provide us with your resume and salary expectation by December 6, 2013.