Procom Employee Reviews

Great people, benefits lacking.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2016
Everyone who works at Procom is smart, kind, and conscientious. The only things missing are a comprehensive retirement plan and a clear chain of command . The management is trying its best, but there are often too many cooks in the kitchen on a given project or initiative. You can do well here if you keep your head down and work hard, but don't expect tons of guidance.
Pros
Good people and culture
Cons
Lacking benefits, confusing chain of command
Account Support Administrator
account support administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 22, 2016
Procom is the best company I have ever had the chance to be a part of. They treat their staff as family and acknowledge when you do a good job and let you know.
Pros
Employee recognition for jobs well done
Cons
your job is never done at the end of the day
Sales environment through and through
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Very fast paced, demanding environment with lots of opportunity for hitting your metrics. Solid processes in place to streamline all work efforts. Camaraderie throughout the office though some tension between Account Managers and Recruiters. Challenging but a good place to learn and hone your skills
Pros
Learning
Cons
Demanding pace
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2015
My day begins with preparation of cash flow and daily routine job includes AP, AR and GL.
I learned reconciliation and filling of source deductions, EHT, WSIB.
Management is Good.
My co-workers are cooperative and fun workplace,
Reconciling CPP and EI for approx. 3000 consultants.
I love doing lot of research and solving challenges.
Agents don't stand up for contractors
Contractor (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 5, 2014
Did not have the greatest agent representing me on a contract.

Got me a contract along with a few others. Everyone (including myself) was let go. All the other team members got paid out their two weeks and went about their next assignment. I was asked to serve out the two weeks to the end. Naturally, I asked why I wasn't paid out the two weeks. Got a really cold shoulder and zero support. He practically disappeared on me. I did make a stink about it because I thought it was unfair of the employer and just nasty of the agent not to represent me appropriately. Don't care to work for that employer again, nor through Procom for that matter. I just basically found the agent very aloof because there was really nothing in this 'termination' situation for him. He could have at least communicated rather than hide. That was real nice.
Pros
no pros
Cons
poor agent representation upon termination for downsizing.
Accounts Receivable
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  TorontoMarch 7, 2014
I am former employee the morale is not very good, they do not recognize hard workers, there is bullying and when management looks into it nothing gets done but the one being bullied is let go. I was told by the President what a great job I was doing and the next month let go.

It was not just the accounting department with low morale it is the whole company. The ones over worked are the ones underpaid.

They also have a company policy that references are not given at all, so when you leave after years of service (your own choice/or theirs) you cannot use them which makes it hard to get another job.
Pros
can't really think of anything
Cons
management only sees what they want to see
Very quite and not my style
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2014
I love to learn new things and this job has allowed me that.

The morale is not very high so this makes it uncomfortable at times.

Have had some issues with bullying from a co-worker but management is trying to fix it.

No job security, no benefits and no vacation. Not good for staying healthy and stress free.
Procom is a Prefered Vendor
Account Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yonge & EglintonMarch 18, 2013
Provide excellent Client / Consultant Service
On-board and extend high level Consultants
Some accounting tasks
Payroll services
Sales
Good people to work with.
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 31, 2012
I like Procom quite a bit. The people are very congenial and extremely helpful when you need help with administrative items. My only problem is that they pay once a month.

My work with Procom has been typical technical writing positions with all the typical work that goes with the job. I find the hardest part of the job is arranging feedback and information. The coordination is a challenge as everyone is usually very busy.
Overall, I like technical writing and editing and I would like to continue in this endeavor.
Pros
never boring
Cons
uncertainty of the next contract