Proceed Solutions is a data management consultancy based in Calgary, Alberta. We support planning and decision-making for organizations who design, build and operate right-of-way developments, oil & gas fields and major facilities. We manage information to streamline planning, approvals and operations.
Proceed Solutions is looking for an experienced, driven and independent person who can assist in supporting and continuing the development of an existing suite of software applications which serve as the backbone of our business.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to:
- Support project based work in an environmental management framework
- Provide data mining and organization services
- Implement spatial models and services platform
- Work with Geospatial Data Management team to develop processes and tools
- Develop and deploy spatial visualizations and data management processes and procedures
- Provide data management leadership and support to project participants
- Creation and management of GIS based data sets, datastores and processes to manage spatial data.
- Database and GIS system technical support, development and programming
- Web-development experience or knowledge
- Information architecture design
- Software-development (programming) experience
- Ability to learn and adapt in a technology agnostic environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Background and knowledge in the field of Geomatics
- Demonstrated experience in GIS/mapping application design, development and implementation
- Demonstrated experience in design of geo spatial datastores
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience with FME
- Demonstrated training or experience in web based GIS systems
- Demonstrated experience with development of mobile applications
- Knowledge of energy and survey industries