Under the direction of the Manager the Administrative Assistant is responsible for interview appointments, screening of potential candidates and subsequent reference follow up, office filing, payroll data entry, development and adjustments to schedules, business correspondence, assisting with planning and coordinating care delivery.
- Grade 12 and a minimum of 2 years recent related experience preferably in a in a geriatric setting.
- Completion of a recognized administrative/office assistant program.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in the utilization of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work
- Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to seek out information and resources not readily accessible
- Ability to work within a team effectively and inspire confidence in the organization
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel