Job Title: Operations Manager
Job Category: Management
Department/Group: Pro-Clean International
Job Code/Req# 102813
Travel Required: Yes locally
Level/Salary Range: 40 K +
Position Type: Full time
HR Contact: Eric Duchesne
Date Posted: October 28/13
Will Train Applicant(s): Training provided
Posting Expires: November 15/13
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervising different sites.
2. Direct sanitation activities and be accountable for results as measured by pre-op/post-op testing which includes microbial and bioluminescence swabbing.
3. Develop, update and ensure that programs, policies and documentation for sanitation procedures and SSOP plans for the facility and plant equipment are compliant with company and regulatory product quality standards, sanitation standards, food safety standards, employee safety standards and environmental standards.
4. Investigate and identify root causes for SSOP deviations.
5. Define and ensure implementation of corrective action plan.
6. Drive continuous improvement and total employee involvement by providing training sessions for safety, chemical usage and sanitation procedures for sanitation employees.
7. Enforce GMP’s, implement HACCP processes and procedures.
8. Implement Mater Sanitation Schedule.
9. Track departmental budget and take appropriate actions to control sanitation costs, including chemicals, equipment, supplies and labour.
10. Collaborate with customer QA managers to define and improve sanitation and food safety programs.
11. Maintain staff by hiring, firing, orienting and training employees.
12. Plan, assign and direct work of employees.
13. Coach, counsel and discipline employees.
14. Enforce system, policies and procedures.
15. WSIB report fi staff injuries.
Our clients are in the food processing industry. The task will require you to supervise multiple food processing plant sites. You must be a good leader, be able to deal with customer complaints and deal well under pressure.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
1. Degree in related field preferable.
2. Minimum 3-5 years management experience in food safety, quality assurance of sanitation.
3. Knowledge of micro sample collection and analysis, including ability to interpret results and take corrective action.
4. Knowledge of food processing equipment.
5. Familiarity with regulations, SSOP, SOP
6. Proficient with computers and various software packages
7. Mechanically inclined
8. Strong training and communication skills
9. Read and write English
Very good knowledge of the food industry. Prior commercial sanitation experience an asset.
Applications accepted By:
FAX OR E-MAIL:
Subject Line: Operations Manager
Attention: Eric Duchesne
Pro-Clean International Ltd.
109 Woodbine Downs Boulevard Unit 9 & 10