We are looking for responsible and enthusiastic teachers, willing to take on different classes in our growing international private school located in St. Catharines, ON. Ideal candidates are expected to have a teaching qualification (B.Ed. Or M.Ed) and/or an ESL teaching certificate, such as the CELTA, and at least a year of teaching experience. They should also be familiar with the Ontario Ministry of Education curriculum. Suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
International experience is desirable and this person will need to be available from 9:00AM - 3:45PM Monday to Friday.
- Create engaging lesson plans and work with students to ensure success in your teachable (business, biology, chemistry, physics, math, English, physical education, history, geography, etc.) improving the students' level
- Ensure compliance with all Ontario Ministry of Education guidelines and curriculum requirements
- Evaluate student progress continually and create report cards on a monthly basis.
- Attend teacher meetings to help give constructive feedback and suggestions for school improvement.
- Bachelors degree
- 2 or more years of teaching experience
- Member in good standing, with the Ontario College of Teachers (as per Section 262 of the Education Act.)
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills and experience
- Curriculum development, conflict management and evaluation experience
- Experience working in an international academic setting (preferred)
- Strong work ethic and commitment to teamwork
- Computer proficiency and experience with databases, Mac OSX and Microsoft Office