PRIVATE HOUSEHOLDS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Educational and fun workplace
Caregiver/Nanny (Former Employee), Woodstock, OntarioAugust 17, 2015
Feeding, dressing, grooming clients of various age groups. Some clients had disabilties (cognitive as well as physical). Provided structure filled days. Days included meal preperations, excercise and entertianment. Worked in various home settings.
Enjoyable and fulfilling on account of student successes.
Tutor (Current Employee), Durham Region, ONAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Snacks provided
Cons: inconsistent hours
Begin with informal greeting to garner student's mindset and focus and energy level.
Discuss topics to address items on the agenda.
Cover pending assignments.
Section the work load with student into manageable chucks and create schedule while student attempts work.
Offer alternative and helpful suggestions that cater to strengths.
Revise and check off completed tasks.

The hardest part is maneuvering a students frustration to revision a difficult topic. The most enjoyable being the satisfaction and confidence they gain from completing a task and understanding the work.
Enjoying and comfortable workplace
Childcare Provider (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 25, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: short hours
I was given experience on how to take car of children and deal with them while having a fun time. My typical day at work is i would feed them snacks while i tell them to do their homework, after they are done with their homework, i conduct some fun and educational activities for us to do untill their parents come home. What i like about the job was that time passes by so fast because I am having fun.
Private Household
Nanny/ Housekeeper (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 7, 2014
It's a private house. With all nanny type responsibilities. It depends on the household what the overall rating would be.
cleaning
House Cleaner (Former Employee), Wallaceburg, ONAugust 2, 2012
Cleaning houses is consistent repetitive work every time. I start off by vacuming, dusting, wiping everything down. starting with bathrooms, ending with the kitchen. Then sweep and mop. I learned how to be organized and consistent with cleaning. Sometime can get difficult when having to move heavy furniture around, lamps/ pictures may fall by accident if not paying attention.
good workplace, provides time management and money lessons
landscaper (Former Employee), oshawaJune 15, 2012
it is self employed, worked for myself, it provided time management and it varieies on days, i had no co-workers i enjoyed it because it dealt with the outdoors and i learned many things