Private Homes

Private Homes Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice home envionment
Babysitter (Former Employee), Pickering, ONNovember 21, 2014
very good pay, nice family oriented. Family was fun loving and welcoming
Productive, and exciting work place
Child Care Worker (Former Employee), Brantford, ONOctober 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches, normal hours
Cons: n/a
Making sure the kids are fed, and always busy doing something other than being on their technological gadgets, the children were easy to manage due to the fact I'm excelled in child care, the hardest part of the job was getting them to settle down for even 10 minutes due to their young age, I enjoyed every part of the job it was a great experience.
productive and fun workplace with fun loving and careing co.worker
Nanny/Day Care Provider/Children and Seniors (Former Employee), st catharinesOctober 17, 2014
Pros: short lunch
Cons: short break
the most enjoyable part of the job was to work with fun loving caring people
Helping with home care needs.
Homemaker (Current Employee), Wpg.M.BOctober 17, 2014
Pros: spending time with elders and my children, setting a good example for my children.
I enjoy cooking and cleaning. I am a mother of 6 kids are all of age to be in school and I am currently looking for work.
Fun job, but a big responsibility
Babysitter (Former Employee), Keswick, ONOctober 13, 2014
Pros: fun activities
Cons: long hours, spare of the moment
Babysitting was an Okay Summertime Job, but not very helpful, not many hours, pay was not that great, work was not fulltime,
my work experience
Cleaner (Former Employee), locallySeptember 25, 2014
love being able to help others, cleaning is my area of expertise! made me feel good about myself knowing i was helping others in need
fun workplace with great people
Crabbe Mountain (Former Employee), Hainesville NBSeptember 17, 2014
the most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers.
fun
Personal Childcare Provider (Former Employee), Cobourg, ONJuly 4, 2014
Pros: spending time with the kids
Cons: nothing
i enjoy working with children
enjoy working alone
available on short notice
Babysitting
Babysitting (Former Employee), Thorold, ONMarch 17, 2014
Pros: being with children
Cons: not enough money, hours or a steady job
I baby sat for quite a few years for family members and family friends. I enjoy working with children but it wasn't a steady job, it was to help out. It made me a more responsible teenager taking care of younger children, cooking for them, cleaning, bathing them etc.
First time job
Babysitting (Former Employee), Orillia, ONFebruary 2, 2014
A good first time work experience. It was great to look after children as a job because they're learning so much as they're growing. Working with children taught me a lot about them and how to take of one alone.
excellent parents with pay ontime and enjoyed children
Caregiver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 29, 2013
Pros: low price for babysitting, bought my own food for the children and worked extra days for free for them
Cons: nothing to complain about
I was very reliable and put in more than 100% of time in my work, doing things with the little ones, school children and had many things for them to do.
I enjoyed working as a private dayhome owner, my children were growing into teens, decided to end the dayhome due to the exposure of teens and young ones, as well as the families were moving on and – more... having more children. – less
Fun, Long, Enjoyable
Babysitter (Current Employee), Brantford, ONDecember 4, 2013
I would go to on a Friday or Saturday and do a 20 hour shift. I would cook and clean for two kids.
I learned about patients and how to keep a well organized home.
The hardest part of the job was being told no and handling tantrums.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the kids playing and seeing them happy.
one-on-one interactive and helping with everyday tasks.
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), Chester, NSNovember 18, 2013
cleaning, cooking, dishes, windows, laundering, grocery shopping, and the everyday tasks. only worked when i was needed and she couldn't be done by the woman herself.
easy to do
cleaner (Current Employee), hamilton ontarioSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: timing
Cons: can be hard
private care is great

you do as they need

they well tell you what is they want
Very productive work with friendly staff
Child Care Provider (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 31, 2013
Pros: breaks are paid for
Cons: long hours
Very long and challenging hours with friendly staff and people who you work with. I learnt a lot of people skills and how to work well in a team as well as independently. My co-workers were very nice and helpful. The hardest part of the job would be the long and hot days. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with friendly people and the – more... pay check at the end of the season. – less
Developped my sense of responsibility and a lot of fun
Babysitter (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONJune 10, 2013
When I babysit, I always spend my time with the kids and play fun activities with them. I feed them when needed and put them to bed at the desired time of the parents. I make sure that the house is locked and secured as well. I started babysitting when I was 12 years old and babysitting has helped me grow into a more responsible teenager because of – more... the many duties I had to do (cleaning, cooking, entertaining). I love working with kids and also cleaning up a little bit after the kids for when the parents get home. Getting the children to go to bed at a certain time would be the hardest part of the job. – less
Fun lovable child and kind parents
Babysitter (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 16, 2013
Pros: home was close to job
Cons: diaper changing
I would arrive about 5-10 minutes before the parent had to leave for work, then I would play with the child and cook him good meals and send him to bed before his one of his parents got home.

I learned how to care for a child and how to be more patient

There was no management as this was in a private home, but the parents were very kind.

The hardest – more... part of the job was when the child would not listen or would not go to sleep

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to spend some time with an adorable kid – less
Working and caring for ALS patient
Home Care Worker (Current Employee), Cornwall, PEFebruary 5, 2013
I work with a patient with ALS and care for all personal daily routines. Maintain house, laundry, changing beds, preparing meals. I enjoy working with this patient but as she is starting to deterioate things are starting to get harding in caring for this patient.
Interesting job
Babysitter (Current Employee), Brantford, ONDecember 6, 2012
Pros: each day is different from the last.
Cons: it is not something that i can do full-time.
It is a great job to have because the work is not that hard and you can work afternoons or nights. Each day is different from the last.
productive & time management
Housekeeping jobs / elderly care provider (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 24, 2012
learn to deal with other people, learn to handle various clients with minimal supervision..there is nothing hard about it as long as you love the job

1 2 3