Private Homes

Private Homes Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Babysitting
Babysitting (Former Employee), Thorold, ONMarch 17, 2014
Pros: being with children
Cons: not enough money, hours or a steady job
I baby sat for quite a few years for family members and family friends. I enjoy working with children but it wasn't a steady job, it was to help out. It made me a more responsible teenager taking care of younger children, cooking for them, cleaning, bathing them etc.
First time job
Babysitting (Former Employee), Orillia, ONFebruary 2, 2014
A good first time work experience. It was great to look after children as a job because they're learning so much as they're growing. Working with children taught me a lot about them and how to take of one alone.
excellent parents with pay ontime and enjoyed children
Caregiver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 29, 2013
Pros: low price for babysitting, bought my own food for the children and worked extra days for free for them
Cons: nothing to complain about
I was very reliable and put in more than 100% of time in my work, doing things with the little ones, school children and had many things for them to do.
I enjoyed working as a private dayhome owner, my children were growing into teens, decided to end the dayhome due to the exposure of teens and young ones, as well as the families were moving on and – more... having more children. – less
Fun, Long, Enjoyable
Babysitter (Current Employee), Brantford, ONDecember 4, 2013
I would go to on a Friday or Saturday and do a 20 hour shift. I would cook and clean for two kids.
I learned about patients and how to keep a well organized home.
The hardest part of the job was being told no and handling tantrums.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the kids playing and seeing them happy.
one-on-one interactive and helping with everyday tasks.
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), Chester, NSNovember 18, 2013
cleaning, cooking, dishes, windows, laundering, grocery shopping, and the everyday tasks. only worked when i was needed and she couldn't be done by the woman herself.
easy to do
cleaner (Current Employee), hamilton ontarioSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: timing
Cons: can be hard
private care is great

you do as they need

they well tell you what is they want
Very productive work with friendly staff
Child Care Provider (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 31, 2013
Pros: breaks are paid for
Cons: long hours
Very long and challenging hours with friendly staff and people who you work with. I learnt a lot of people skills and how to work well in a team as well as independently. My co-workers were very nice and helpful. The hardest part of the job would be the long and hot days. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with friendly people and the – more... pay check at the end of the season. – less
Developped my sense of responsibility and a lot of fun
Babysitter (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONJune 10, 2013
When I babysit, I always spend my time with the kids and play fun activities with them. I feed them when needed and put them to bed at the desired time of the parents. I make sure that the house is locked and secured as well. I started babysitting when I was 12 years old and babysitting has helped me grow into a more responsible teenager because of – more... the many duties I had to do (cleaning, cooking, entertaining). I love working with kids and also cleaning up a little bit after the kids for when the parents get home. Getting the children to go to bed at a certain time would be the hardest part of the job. – less
Fun lovable child and kind parents
Babysitter (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 16, 2013
Pros: home was close to job
Cons: diaper changing
I would arrive about 5-10 minutes before the parent had to leave for work, then I would play with the child and cook him good meals and send him to bed before his one of his parents got home.

I learned how to care for a child and how to be more patient

There was no management as this was in a private home, but the parents were very kind.

The hardest – more... part of the job was when the child would not listen or would not go to sleep

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to spend some time with an adorable kid – less
Working and caring for ALS patient
Home Care Worker (Current Employee), Cornwall, PEFebruary 5, 2013
I work with a patient with ALS and care for all personal daily routines. Maintain house, laundry, changing beds, preparing meals. I enjoy working with this patient but as she is starting to deterioate things are starting to get harding in caring for this patient.
Interesting job
Babysitter (Current Employee), Brantford, ONDecember 6, 2012
Pros: each day is different from the last.
Cons: it is not something that i can do full-time.
It is a great job to have because the work is not that hard and you can work afternoons or nights. Each day is different from the last.
productive & time management
Housekeeping jobs / elderly care provider (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 24, 2012
learn to deal with other people, learn to handle various clients with minimal supervision..there is nothing hard about it as long as you love the job
calm places
Babysitter (Current Employee), Petawawa, ON, Kingston, ONOctober 15, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: sometimes you can't rest
Every places I babysat were absolutely calm, the kids adored watching movies, we played outside alot too, depending on their age.
A fun and friendly workplace
Journalier (Former Employee), Qu├ębec, QCJuly 17, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: working outside in 40* weather
Keeping the grounds clean, cutting the grass,painting,doing windows, fire wood,trim trees.

Being responsible, respect for there homes and the hard work they do everyday to have me come here to take care of there home.

Very nice and caring.

cutting the grass to a football size grounds with rows of trees at 30+

The family
the pay to help out at home.
it was fun
Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: it was enjoyable
I cleaned kitchens, living rooms, bathrooms, laundry, windows, dusted, vacuumed, swept, and mopped.
I am satisfied to work here.treat me like their own family
Caregiver (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVJune 17, 2014
Pros: yes free lunches as i am the one who prepare their food.
Cons: lots of time
No one can compare so far when i work here but i have to quit working to like place.i cant get over when there is one past away.I was kinda easy to adopt them in my heart as i dont have any family with me here in the USA.
Great Companies and People to Work with.
Cleaner-Diligent and consistent Deep Cleaning (Former Employee), Jobs in Private homes and for my LandlordJune 13, 2014
Pros: earning and income while working in a good enviroment
Cons: n/a
A typical day at would would be very focucsed and goal orientated but also in a fun loving enviroment.

I learned how to work well with others and how to progress in life through the challenges given through various tasks given.

Management was always good.

Great!

We would alway work through it, deal with it and solve it!

A sense of achievement in – more... a pleasant atmoshpere. – less
Rewarding work
Home Care Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), North Haven, CTJune 2, 2014
Pros: some down time
Cons: no breaks
I have worked in home care for past few years. I do like to getting to know the people I take care of, and helping them. The hours are short, and there are no paid time off, or health benefits for those who need it.
was able to have time off atleat 1 day per week to share with my family
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee), Cadillac, MIMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: business closed down
really enjoyed working there,the people were wonderful,the customers were really fun most of the time,and we were able to do some work probono for some
Advanced my training and management experiences.
Primary Care RN, Hospice (Former Employee), Bloomsdale, MOJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: was usured of quality care to family members.
Cons: availability needed at all times.
I took complete care of x3 relatives. And lost my last one x2 years ago. I kept up with my skills through journals, seminars and research. I had to take some time off to adjust to loosing them. And I also set and completed new goals for my own personal home needs and improvements (business and personal). I am now very much excited about getting back – more... into the work force. – less

1 2 3