Private family

Private family Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
To assist in life skills learning
Life Skills Worker (Current Employee), Ajax, ONAugust 7, 2012
Pros: example: free lunches
Cons: example: long hours
I work one on one with an adult with a developmental disability. I provide opportunities for the individual to learn valuable life skills.
worked for a private family
Private Nanny (Former Employee), Grandview, TXApril 17, 2014
I took care of 2 children for 3 years, As a promise to the family I cannot say much more.
autism specialist
Respite, assist in following her treatment plan (Former Employee), lynnfield, maApril 14, 2014
Pros: good family support, treated me amazing
Cons: nothing was
working with a woman with delays and autism. A great fit and helping her become more independent in every day life and the community
nice family
Nanny family (Former Employee), Belmont, MAApril 11, 2014
Pros: paid vacation and holidays
Cons: traffic on my way to work
This family was very nice to me, I fell very good, they treat me like a person not like a slave. The hardest part was to be responsible for 2 sets of twins, most enjoyable when I knew parents and kids been satisfied.
Something new every day
Nanny (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAApril 10, 2014
Pros: being able to help in the children's growth
Cons: no healthcare
Typical day, drive and pick up kids from school.
Prepare meals, Help with homework.
Play and read with the children.
Very productive and fun, but little pay
Babysitter (Current Employee), Edgewood, MDApril 5, 2014
Cons: little pay
Myexperience working this job , was fun yet i had little pay. Overall I learned to care and provide for someone,and this job has helped me with communication skills,as well as stimulation.
wonderful, exceptional enjoyable
Live in Caregiver (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 4, 2014
Pros: challenging, fun, allows me to cook which is also one of my passions.
I have worked for this couple for over 3 years. I have become a daughter to them. They treat me with dignity and I care for them very much. I will miss them when I leave to relocate to Huron. They are supportive of my decision however. I have enjoyed caring and assisting this couple in all aspects of their daily living. Cleaning, cooking and caring – more... for some basic necessities has taught me the value of being a hard worker. But one that needs demonstrate respect and love at all times. The hardest part of this job will be saying goodbye and I'm hoping that in Huron South Dakota that I may be able to get part time care giving/cleaning employment for an elderly couple (or more) I have excellent references from them. I do not get a wage as I get my room and board and meals without cost.It is a perfect situation for all of us. – less
Excellent employers
Family Nanny (Former Employee), Melbourne, VICApril 2, 2014
An absolutely awesome place to work.

Loved looking after a newborn and establishing a feeding and sleeping routine.
A very friendly family.
Middle School Course Tutor (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 30, 2014
Tutoring usually is on Saturday 1pm-3pm. Courses covered include Mathematics, US History, Science, and English. Duties include helping the kids understand the textbook material, grade and explain practice problems, and review previous exams.
A good place to work.
Executive Protection (Former Employee), Brentwood, CAMarch 29, 2014
Worked with a team of 15 other agents where we provided protection and security for a family as well as their property.
productive day
house cleaner also take care of animals (Current Employee), yarmouth maMarch 29, 2014
Pros: works days went by fast
Cons: short breaks
really enjoyed working here . awesome animals great people
Family life
Domestic Engineer (Former Employee), Ventura, CAMarch 26, 2014
While not much monetary compensation is given, a great joy from taking care of my family was had.
Productive and fun work place
Nanny (Former Employee), Kendall, FLMarch 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch, and snacks
Cons: short breaks
Care giver for two active boys—one of which was special needs. Responsibilities included picking up children from two separate schools at different times daily, homework assistance, preparation of snack, dinner, bath time and bedtime duty. Age appropriate actives included swimming, nature walks, local park, library and crafts.
nannying for two children ages 4 and 6
Nanny (Current Employee), Collegeville, PAMarch 13, 2014
Providing transportation for two children to various activities and events. Cooking meals and creating a fun, comfortable environment for children.
great family
Nanny (Former Employee), Westfield, MAMarch 13, 2014
I loved being a nanny ! so much fun and created lasting memories
. I love toread to children, tell them stories, sing to them, and watch them drift into peaceful sleep. I love going to the park and playing games. I
Nanny (Former Employee), UAEMarch 9, 2014
Cons: 12 hours
I have 11 experience whit kids.
,I am an easy going,frendli ,responsible person who enjoys life and people!
The family I worked before put their doughter in nursery full time so I had to leave.
My goals is to open a Children's day care in a few years.
My hobbies....walking,reading,swimming,watching a good movie...
If I were to hire someone I will look – more... for qualities like trustworthy,onesty and a easy going person!
The most important things in my job as a nanny it is responsibility,the ability to think quiq in case of emergency and of course have patience!
I am willing to relocate and to travel. – less
Working with family
In - Home Caretaker (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 4, 2014
This was a family assignment taking care of a terminally ill family member. It was a lot of hard work that required organization and attention to details.
Fantastic family to work for!!!
Care assistant - full time (Former Employee), Exeter, ENGFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: possibility to go to college to learn english
Cons: none:)
I was an Au Pair for them , taking care for their three lovely children whilst they were at work, as well as doing some cleaning and cooking for them when required . The atmosphere at home was relaxing and peaceful. As I was living with them in the house during the period of my Au Pair contract, I had amazing opportunity to learn about English culture – more... and language at the same time. In my spare time I was exploring the city and attending College to learn English language. As the years goner by.... we are still in good contact with each other.... It is a lovely family:):) – less
Extremely Rewarding Area of Work
Private Nanny (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: rewarding
Cons: lack of advancement
Working with children is the most rewarding job you can imagine; especially while working with children with special needs. Beyond the fun, positive attitude it takes to be an enjoyable employee in the field this job also taught me patience & the importance of punctuality.
Fun place and lots of communication
Nanny/Caregiver (Former Employee), Bettendorf, IAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great pay, friendly management, wonderful children
I loved working for them, during a normal day, I would arrive in the morning and work until around 4pm or 5pm. I cared for their two young children, providing daytime meals and making sure the oldest was brought to and from school. The hardest part of the job was making sure they had enough education activities to take up their free time, and that they – more... were learning from them. But the most enjoyable part was seeing them use things they had learned in everyday life. – less