Systems Software Engineers
Priologic is a software development company focused on serving Fortune 1000 enterprise companies. We provide dedicated, highly qualified software development teams to complete large scale, web and mobile business application development projects.
We are based in Victoria, British Columbia and have been deploying dedicated enterprise software teams since 2003. Our teams work on strategic projects developing custom applications, enterprise collaboration portals, platforms and mobile applications.
We are looking for dedicated, low-maintenance software engineers who:
- Don’t need to be told what to do, are excited about working with leading technologies and ultimately operate and behave as an individual contributor – not just an employee
- Work effectively and function as a team member, with clients and management as required to quickly design, develop and deploy high quality enterprise web applications and portals
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Are Java “code friendly”, committed to Java best practices and have solid experience using Object Oriented designs and implementations to develop Java/J2EE based applications
- Experience with the full Software Life Cycle
- Embrace Agile and Scrum development practices
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support the Continuous Integration and development infrastructure architecture for enterprise software development using a variety of contemporary tools
- Participate in the design of architectures and automation that deliver against strict requirements for functionality, scalability, performance and reliability
- Analyze and propose development workflow improvements and techniques to reduce the software build/deploy time
- Automate and test the processes to deploy new code and applications to Development, Test and Production systems
- Assist with the packaging and deployment of SDK’s and code migrations from Subversion to Git
- A Computer Science Degree and/or a the equivalent of 4 years+ of related experience which includes programming and tooling development in Java, J2EE, scripting languages such as Unix Shell, Perl, Ruby and/or Python
- Expertise working with and managing Java based SVN and Git repositories including customization, integration and automation using Maven, Hudson/Jenkins, Puppet and Gerrit
- Installation, configuration and management of UNIX, Linux (Centos 5/6) servers and Apache
- Experience using Eclipse or NetBeans IDEs and code repositories to build and deploy web applications
- Ability to Write scripts to monitor and automate processes in supported environments
- Write & maintain operational, monitoring, and deployment documentation
- Experience with any of the following: OVTools, VMware, Virtual Box, Liferay, JSR 186/WSRP Portlets, Rally, Plug-ins, SDKs & APIs Reusable Frameworks
These are full time employee positions based in Victoria, 40 hours per week. We can offer the opportunity to work with a high calibre experienced professional team, with leading technologies and the chance to make a real valued contribution.