Position Title: Digital Print Operator (Full Time)
Environment: Digital Printshop
Report to: Shop Supervisor
This job is ideal for a person with (1 – 5 years experience).
Printwise is a high-end digital printshop, serving Calgary since 1999. Our team is made up of a relatively young crowd who love what they do and strive to make the office a fun place to work while keeping our clients happy. We get our orders over the phone, email and walk-ins. We are seeking an an ambitious production/customer service person who will primarily be greeting walk-in clients, helping them with scanning, copy, faxing as well as taking print orders and up-selling our services. When not at the front counter, you will be printing (xerox digital printer + large format plotter), cutting, binding, laminating and keeping the work area clean.
- Greet walk-in clients
- Help clients with photocopying, scanning and printing
- Help clients over the phone and redirecting calls as needed
- Up-sell our services to clients and excite them with new ideas and possibilities
- Creating time/cost estimates & writing clear scopes for projects
- Make changes/amendments to existing artwork (adding bleeds, color corrections)
- Printing (Xerox 700 Color Press & large format plotter), cutting, binding, laminating and keeping the work area clean
- Equipment maintenance and color calibrations regularly
- Placing service calls on machines and dealing with service techs as needed
- Shop closing tasks, cash-out, recording impressions, etc.
- Must be motivated, have a positive attitude and be a self-starter
- Must have outstanding customer service skills
- Must absolutely love dealing with clients directly, over the phone and by email
- Must be a Mac hugger
- Must have sufficient Adobe Creative Suite experience (Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Must be detail oriented
- Must have ability to prioritize tasks, estimate timelines for projects and manage client expectations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to complete projects after hours if necessary
- Understanding of CMYK vs Pantones etc.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Must be available to work Saturdays
If you’re interested, please submit your portfolio and resume.
Serving Alberta since 1999, Printwise has become one of the most trusted names in the printing industry.
Our commitment to continuous...