Position Title: Digital Print Operator (Full Time)
Environment: Digital Printshop
Report to: Shop Supervisor
This job is ideal for a person with (1 – 5 years experience).
Printwise is a high-end digital printshop, serving Calgary since 1999. Our team is made up of a relatively young crowd who love what they do and strive to make the office a fun place to work while keeping our clients happy. We get our orders over the phone, email and walk-ins. We are seeking an an ambitious production/customer service person who will primarily be greeting walk-in clients, helping them with scanning, copy, faxing as well as taking print orders and up-selling our services. When not at the front counter, you will be printing (xerox digital printer + large format plotter), cutting, binding, laminating and keeping the work area clean.
- Greet walk-in clients
- Help clients with photocopying, scanning and printing
- Help clients over the phone and redirecting calls as needed
- Up-sell our services to clients and excite them with new ideas and possibilities
- Creating time/cost estimates & writing clear scopes for projects
- Make changes/amendments to existing artwork (adding bleeds, color corrections)
- Printing (Xerox 700 Color Press & large format plotter), cutting, binding, laminating and keeping the work area clean
- Equipment maintenance and color calibrations regularly
- Placing service calls on machines and dealing with service techs as needed
- Shop closing tasks, cash-out, recording impressions, etc.
- Must be motivated, have a positive attitude and be a self-starter
- Must have outstanding customer service skills
- Must absolutely love dealing with clients directly, over the phone and by email
- Must be a Mac hugger
- Must have sufficient Adobe Creative Suite experience (Acrobat Pro, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Must be detail oriented
- Must have ability to prioritize tasks, estimate timelines for projects and manage client expectations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to complete projects after hours if necessary
- Understanding of CMYK vs Pantones etc.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Must be available to work Saturdays
If you’re interested, please submit your portfolio and resume.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Serving Alberta since 1999, Printwise has become one of the most trusted names in the printing industry.
Our commitment to continuous...