Princess Margaret Hospital Employee Reviews

Still has plenty room for changes especially in their security for staff.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  NassauFebruary 1, 2016
I definitely enjoyed my working years in this hospital because of their friendly cultured colleagues, and learned how to deal with different people mainly Caribbean born individuals. The management is not that really staff-centered meaning they alway for granted us especially in the line of security of tenure and health. But overall this hospital helped me how to become a true nurse indeed by my compassion and patience in everyday life by meeting different people.
Pros
Friendly supervisors
Cons
Lack of security for staff
Very busy position since i worked in the front desk.
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Typical day starts, at 8:00to ready the clinic . Everyday is a challenge booking patients with their schedules because of their conditions.
I learned time management with the help of all my co- workers.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to coordinate the appointments needed by our patients because of conflict availability. The most enjoyable part is at the end of the day I know that I as able to do my job diligently.
Pros
You get to know more facts of life
Cons
when you see your patients in pain
It was a very insightful and hopeful environment to work in and with great staff
Student Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2015
This is the hospital I feel I grew more as an individual and nurse on the personal level. When I first started at PMH, I was unsure of how I would handle working with patients I knew were critically ill with cancer, or on the verge of dying. However, after I entered this hospital, I felt a surge of positivity and hope and it gave me the strength and courage to provide the utmost best quality of care for my patients. Staff were very nice and supportive. I enjoyed my interactions with my patients the most, because I gained such insightful understandings about life from every patient, whether they were young or old and at the same time I was given opportunity to give them my time to listen to how they feel, their thoughts about life&death, etc. I definitely will want to work back at PMH as an official RN employee.
Great Place
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
The volunteer system at Princess Margaret is one of the best. The entire team works flawlessly day in and day out to keep the hospital running smoothly
As a OBSERVER and a VOLUNTEER 2-3 days per week, PMH appears to be populated with professional and dedicated staff
Patient Care / Prostate ultrasound, biopsy clinic (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 22, 2013
Arrive at 7:30am on Wed, Thurs and sometimes Mon as well. I'm at clinic until 12:30pm. I've learned how to incorporate the hospital's training in the "Healing Beyond the Body" program to, in effect, become an extension of the medical staff to the patients and their families. I find the management team to be professional and understanding. My co-workers (both medical staff and volunteers) are both dedicated and well-trained. The hardest part of the job is not actually being on staff. (on payroll) The most enjoyable aspect of the job is the satisfaction of knowing that my efforts are appreciated by both the staff and the patients.
Pros
a feeling of satisfaction that i've helped people through a trying experience.
EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE LEARNING HOW TO CONDUCT RESEARCH.
CLINICAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2013
Collaborated with Investigators & health care team, responsible for overall patient management & coordination of several clinical studies for Drug Development Program. The Clinical Program included pharma-sponsored & Investigator initiated trials. Coordinate patient activities following protocol. implication & coordination data collection & documentation, as per UHN policy & ICH/GCP guidelines.
Pros
excellent learning & practice experience
Cons
some subjects had to dropped out.
Great environment to work in
(Temporary) - UHN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2015
I loved working there. The staff was great and it was a great positive environment. I would suggest anyone to work here. You won't be disappointed.
Very busy place for cancer patients,freindly inviroment,Respectfull,very clean,daycare,Tim Hortons,Droxy Rest.
support partner (Former Employee) –  18th floor/ out patientJuly 27, 2015
Princess Margaret Hospital is a teaching hospital, very friendly inviroment, discrived us 5 star hotel, respectful, daycare, Tim Hortons, Droxy Rest.
Realizing just how lucky I was
Administration and Reception (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Amazing place to work:
My day consisted of greeting patients and explaining to them what there appointment consisted of when they came in for Radiation and Chemotherapy.
Some patients were very confused and frightened and I would talk to them private and listen to their concerns and sometimes even hold them when they cried.
There were days when the doctors had their review clinics and it became extremely busy. The phone would be going on all lines and the doctors sometimes had to be paged and all this would happen within five minutes. I prioritize extremely well.
A lot of times I would have to deal with other departments when scheduling the patients next appt.
I learned a lot about ct scans and the how to read blood results.
Everyday was fun especially with my co-workers. I am a funny, alert, detail oriented and kept everyone in a great mood.
For example if one of my co-workers was having a hard time with a task I would help them out so they would not get stressed out and the task would be done better that two people worked on it'
Pros
meeting the most amazing people, and how i looked at life
Cons
seeing the children and still they smiled
Nursing
Unit Ward (Current Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 9, 2013
Management, Co-ordinting, Health and Safety, Customer Healthcare
Very nice workplace.
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 4, 2014
The most hardest work is how to recruit patients in the different clinic and explain our subject to let them join our subject. I learned lots of skills for how to contact with others. My co-workers help each other a lot. I am very enjoy the work. the most enjoyable part of the job is that enter all the data of the information using the Food Processing software.
Place to gain good Experience.
Clinical Research Assistant (Internship) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 30, 2013
Experienced working in research including planning implementation and control of clinical trials including criterion selection, patient recruitment, data collection, clinical reports. As a member of the clinical group participated in doctors weekly roundup, data entry, preparing clinical reports.
Pros
experience working in research
Cons
hard work
Clerical Research Assistant Surgical Oncology (Current Employee) –  Toronto OnJune 25, 2014
• Provide various clerical duties including typing, answering phones, preparing correspondence, preparing and maintain patient information
• Manage a high volume workload, within a deadline driven environment
• Assist with research projects; collect information from group studies and entered them into a database
Great Environment, nice people to work with
Volunteer at the GU BioBank Research Department (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Great experience so far. Learning a lot. So many good professionals, great team to work.
Great place to work; lots of employee interaction and patient focused care
Administrative Assistant/ Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2014
Awesome place to work, emphasis totally on caring for the cancer patient. Great programs supporting all aspects of cancer care.
art health opportunity very unique
Artist / Photographer, Visual Kin Design (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2013
great art opportunity in health education. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the coworkers
Pros
self directed learning
Cons
volunteer position
awsome volunteer
Route Marshall Volunteer (Former Employee) –  torontoDecember 4, 2014
I did volunteer work there it was pretty awsome
the staff was cooperative and amazing
princesss marget hospital is one off the top line hospital in toronto
Internship (Former Employee) –  edward streetMay 30, 2013
i really like to work but i was doing my internship there while i was working there was no vacancies
Productive fun place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 4, 2014
Great place to work, highly rewarding. Everyone is part of something much greater.
research oriented type of work
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2012
start and finish of the day are not dot to dot
every occasion is celebrated