Princess Margaret Hospital Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very busy position since i worked in the front desk.
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: You get to know more facts of life
Cons: when you see your patients in pain
Typical day starts, at 8:00to ready the clinic . Everyday is a challenge booking patients with their schedules because of their conditions.
I learned time management with the help of all my co- workers.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to coordinate the appointments needed by our patients because of conflict availability. The most enjoyable part is at the end of the day I know that I as able to do my job diligently.
Great Place
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
The volunteer system at Princess Margaret is one of the best. The entire team works flawlessly day in and day out to keep the hospital running smoothly
It was a very insightful and hopeful environment to work in and with great staff
Student Nurse (RN) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2015
This is the hospital I feel I grew more as an individual and nurse on the personal level. When I first started at PMH, I was unsure of how I would handle working with patients I knew were critically ill with cancer, or on the verge of dying. However, after I entered this hospital, I felt a surge of positivity and hope and it gave me the strength and courage to provide the utmost best quality of care for my patients. Staff were very nice and supportive. I enjoyed my interactions with my patients the most, because I gained such insightful understandings about life from every patient, whether they were young or old and at the same time I was given opportunity to give them my time to listen to how they feel, their thoughts about life&death, etc. I definitely will want to work back at PMH as an official RN employee.
Great environment to work in
(Temporary) - UHN (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2015
I loved working there. The staff was great and it was a great positive environment. I would suggest anyone to work here. You won't be disappointed.
Very busy place for cancer patients,freindly inviroment,Respectfull,very clean,daycare,Tim Hortons,Droxy Rest.
support partner (Former Employee), 18th floor/ out patientJuly 27, 2015
Princess Margaret Hospital is a teaching hospital, very friendly inviroment, discrived us 5 star hotel, respectful, daycare, Tim Hortons, Droxy Rest.
Realizing just how lucky I was
Administration and Reception (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: meeting the most amazing people, and how i looked at life
Cons: seeing the children and still they smiled
Amazing place to work:
My day consisted of greeting patients and explaining to them what there appointment consisted of when they came in for Radiation and Chemotherapy.
Some patients were very confused and frightened and I would talk to them private and listen to their concerns and sometimes even hold them when they cried.
There were days when the doctors had their review clinics and it became extremely busy. The phone would be going on all lines and the doctors sometimes had to be paged and all this would happen within five minutes. I prioritize extremely well.
A lot of times I would have to deal with other departments when scheduling the patients next appt.
I learned a lot about ct scans and the how to read blood results.
Everyday was fun especially with my co-workers. I am a funny, alert, detail oriented and kept everyone in a great mood.
For example if one of my co-workers was having a hard time with a task I would help them out so they would not get stressed out and the task would be done better that two people worked on it'
Great Environment, nice people to work with
Volunteer at the GU BioBank Research Department (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Great experience so far. Learning a lot. So many good professionals, great team to work.
awsome volunteer
Route Marshall Volunteer (Former Employee), torontoDecember 4, 2014
I did volunteer work there it was pretty awsome
the staff was cooperative and amazing
Very nice workplace.
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 4, 2014
The most hardest work is how to recruit patients in the different clinic and explain our subject to let them join our subject. I learned lots of skills for how to contact with others. My co-workers help each other a lot. I am very enjoy the work. the most enjoyable part of the job is that enter all the data of the information using the Food Processing software.
Great place to work; lots of employee interaction and patient focused care
Administrative Assistant/ Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2014
Awesome place to work, emphasis totally on caring for the cancer patient. Great programs supporting all aspects of cancer care.
Clerical Research Assistant Surgical Oncology (Current Employee), Toronto OnJune 25, 2014
• Provide various clerical duties including typing, answering phones, preparing correspondence, preparing and maintain patient information
• Manage a high volume workload, within a deadline driven environment
• Assist with research projects; collect information from group studies and entered them into a database
Productive fun place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 4, 2014
Great place to work, highly rewarding. Everyone is part of something much greater.
As a OBSERVER and a VOLUNTEER 2-3 days per week, PMH appears to be populated with professional and dedicated staff
Patient Care / Prostate ultrasound, biopsy clinic (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 22, 2013
Pros: a feeling of satisfaction that i've helped people through a trying experience.
Arrive at 7:30am on Wed, Thurs and sometimes Mon as well. I'm at clinic until 12:30pm. I've learned how to incorporate the hospital's training in the "Healing Beyond the Body" program to, in effect, become an extension of the medical staff to the patients and their families. I find the management team to be professional and understanding. My co-workers (both medical staff and volunteers) are both dedicated and well-trained. The hardest part of the job is not actually being on staff. (on payroll) The most enjoyable aspect of the job is the satisfaction of knowing that my efforts are appreciated by both the staff and the patients.
EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE LEARNING HOW TO CONDUCT RESEARCH.
CLINICAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2013
Pros: excellent learning & practice experience
Cons: some subjects had to dropped out.
Collaborated with Investigators & health care team, responsible for overall patient management & coordination of several clinical studies for Drug Development Program. The Clinical Program included pharma-sponsored & Investigator initiated trials. Coordinate patient activities following protocol. implication & coordination data collection & documentation, as per UHN policy & ICH/GCP guidelines.
I enjoyed working there.
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 24, 2013
Great hospital and company to work for. stae of the Art equipment. First world country.
PMH
Patient Flow Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2013
Learned a great many skills at PMH.
The people and patients I've met will always hold a special place in my heart.
art health opportunity very unique
Artist / Photographer, Visual Kin Design (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2013
Pros: self directed learning
Cons: volunteer position
great art opportunity in health education. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the coworkers
princesss marget hospital is one off the top line hospital in toronto
Internship (Former Employee), edward streetMay 30, 2013
i really like to work but i was doing my internship there while i was working there was no vacancies
Place to gain good Experience.
Clinical Research Assistant (Internship) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2013
Pros: experience working in research
Cons: hard work
Experienced working in research including planning implementation and control of clinical trials including criterion selection, patient recruitment, data collection, clinical reports. As a member of the clinical group participated in doctors weekly roundup, data entry, preparing clinical reports.
hard worker
Animal Attendant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2013
provide the highest quality health care. We care about your health and we want your stay to be as comfortable as possible.