Princess Cruises

Princess Cruises Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Work Experience
Accommodation Attendant (Former Employee), World CruiseJuly 30, 2014
Management works at its best. Handles employees in a professional way. The hardest part of the job is carrying luggages to passenger's cabin. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually travelling free.
fun to work
Assistant Purser (Former Employee), los Angels CAApril 1, 2014
Pros: free travel
Cons: long hours, but enjoyeable always meet new passengers
assist the passengers with safey,and others needs
management helpfull
Princess Cruises - Not for the Faint of Heart
Customer Service Agent/Junior Assistant Purser (Former Employee), Onboard ShipApril 1, 2014
Pros: getting to see the world, meeting friends from all over the world
Cons: 4 to 10 month contract at sea, sharing a room with another person at entry level, long hours and no days off
I started Princess Cruises as a Junior Assistant Purser which meant that I started at the Front Desk of a busy cruise ship. You can expect to work a minimum of 8 hours, 7 days a week for 6 months. You are contracted for 13 hours though and sometimes the hours can even extend beyond that. Within the JAP role you have the chance to work in various roles – more... such as Shore Excursions Agent, Crew Agent, Junior Hotel Controller, Assistant Admin Officer, Wedding Coordinator and Evening Front Desk Supervisor. In terms of experience it is very enlightening.

However, I have had the opportunity to see many places in the world that I would have otherwise never had a chance to and met some wonderful people along the way. If you have a positive attitude, can work hard and have a lot of energy then this is an ideal job for you. – less
.....................................
houseekeeping/room attendant public area attendant (Current Employee), cruseshipDecember 3, 2013
at the princess cruises the management work as a team.i worked this company for 2 years
Productive and fun working in a cruiseship because you can see the world.
hotel laundry attendant (Current Employee), Vancouver,CanadaNovember 14, 2013
Pros: all is free
Cons: long hours of work but the pays/wage is low
Working in a cruiseships is tiring and sometimes you have to go down the level of your co worker because sometimes you do all the works.You have to have a lot of patience because ofthe seniority some of them wont work, they leave all to you.The most enjoyable part of the job is you got to see the world for free because they sail all over the world.
Interesting job, able to see the world
Art Steward and Portrait Artist (Current Employee), Cruise Ship - WorldwideOctober 18, 2013
As an Art Steward, I am the overall in charge for Gallery Display plus maintaining the quality of the frame that's on display. I learned to supervised and trained our assistants. The hardest part of the job is to adjust for a new boss that usually change every two months. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everything goes smoothly.
As a Portrait – more... Artist, this is my Part time while on board. I am an Artist/Painter for almost 27 years and never having an instance that i forsake this career. I still accept job online @ OLX.COM other services/Portrait Artist. – less
could exercise/practice my ability,knowledge and skills.fun place to work with
2nd Pastrycook/Baker (Former Employee), worldwideOctober 6, 2013
Pros: could exercise/practice my ability, knowledge and skills.fun place to work with
Cons: long contracts.
could exercise/practice my ability,knowledge and skills.fun place to work with.could exercise/practice my ability,knowledge and skills.fun place to work with
hardworking,flexible,easy to be with,love to have a lots of friends and positive thinker
Pastry cook/cook (Former Employee), philippinesSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: free meal and accomodation
Cons: long hours
it was a very busy work, i was working for almost 18 hours a day.
i learned a lot of things in my job,being a good man,be productive,be flexible.i practice my skills and discipline and hardwork.
it is a good management with my employer,they have good benefits,they give me an option and helping me what to do for the next contract.
i was so happy to be – more... part of international job,i'm so happy to have a lots of friends internationaly.and having an idea for a lots of things.
for me,the hardest part of my job is when the United States Public Health inspection is coming.
the most enjoyable part of my job is free travel around the world and learn a lot of things in my job. – less
See the world for free
Waiter (Former Employee), On boardJune 24, 2013
Pros: free accommodation, free meals
Cons: long hours
On board our cruise ships,we signed a contract of 13 hours a day.
I have learned a lot of tings regarding culinary terms,wines and types of beverages,How to handle difficult passengers/guests,how to handle complains,real meaning of service.
The management always look for things,events/incentives to make the crew member's life on board be more at ease – more... or to have the feeling of at home.
The hardest part of the job is the thought that once you're on board,half of your body is already considered dead.
The most enjoyable part of it is seeing the world for free. – less
Youth Staff a great position
Youth Staff (Former Employee), The top and the back of the shipMarch 8, 2013
Pros: free food, no rent, free travel, discounted drinks in the crew bar
Cons: the pay isn't great, the food and entertainment repeats each cruise, you're away from home for a long time (five months or more)
An interesting job, in which you travel a great deal, meet a lot of new and interesting people, and don't work too many hours when you're in port.

It's also a very seasonal job. On school breaks there are a lot of kids. When school is in, there are many slow weeks.

On a port day, you work 4-6 hours, and if you're unfortunate enough to work while in – more... port, you don't have many kids.

On a sea day, you generally work 11 hours when there are a lot of kids. Depending on your manager (everyone rotates from ship to ship, contract to contract), you may work less hours when there are fewer kids.

Overall, a fun job, but a lot of time is spent away from home and you see the same people every day, as you all live and work so close together. This is great for the people you get along with, but if someone rubs you the wrong way, you're still stuck with them for the foreseeable future. – less
fun place
Head bartender, restaurant assistant waitress (Former Employee), CAFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: free lunches, dinner, sncks breskfast mid snack
Cons: 8 hours aday
everyday my rotine of my work is to open my bar and chk the temperature of the machine check wats is moving not moving items.after that i have to set up the main bar check your area and my co staff if they are duty missing as well as the routine cleaning like everyday USPH public health after that i do chk the pizza area wat toorder and burger aswell – more... asmystocks alcohol i learned to be matured of handling more resposibility towards my bar and my co staff the hardest part is to encounter diffrent nationality passengern complain although since iwas there i came to resolve the problems the most enjoyable part is when you hard they give some reward to enhance more resposibilty long patience in work and mostly love your work – less
Paid to Travel
Youth Staff (Former Employee), Varies by location of shipNovember 16, 2012
Pros: free food, no rent, travel, meet great people, lots of fun!
Cons: away from home for extended periods of time, food not always great
As a Youth Staff with Princess Cruises, one works in the `Funzone`. There, the children and teens (ages 3-17) can escape their parents and spend time with others their own age. It is a fun place to work if you like working with kids, as you are able to play games, do crafts, and generally have a good time.

The off hours are filled with time off the – more... ship, and onboard entertainment. The starting salarry for a North American in a permanent position is $1100USD/mo. and a raise is provided every two contracts. There is room for promotion, but it is limited in this particular department. However, internal transfers are easily arranged after some time with the company.

The best things about the job is the opportunity to travel and to meet people from all over the world. The job itself can be a great deal of fun, as well.

The hardest part of the job is often to confined quarters. There is also the length of the contract to consider. As Youth Staff, a cabin is shared with another Youth Staff. The quarters are small, and you live with a person you work all day with. Each permanent contract for a North American is between five and seven months, and the company can ask you to extend that time if the ship will be short-staffed.

Overall, working for Princess Cruises was a fun experience, ideal for a single young adult who wants to see the world. – less
Productive fun call center.
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: discounted cruise tickets for employees.
Cons: hurricane seasons.
Booked cruises worldwide. Took 200 calls a day, sales associate. I learned about the cruise ships, ports of calls worldwide, airport codes. I made life long friends with my co-workers, we all went through pain staking training and it brought us all closer. It was a 3 month training class. The most challenging part of the job taking calls during hurricane – more... season. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers worldwide. – less
Fun and great place to work.
CRUISE VACATION PLANNER (Former Employee), Valencia, CA.October 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits, long lunches, wonderful building and office to work in, just overall a great environment.
Cons: super early mornings and the very long ride to work.
On a typical work day I would answer customer calls/e-mails. I acted as a travel agent directly for Princess Cruises. Management was ok and co-workers were great. I would say that the only difficult thing about this job were the extremely early mornings and trying to sell a customer something I knew they didn't WANT or NEED. The best thing about this – more... job was the fact that I was able to plan dream vacations for people. I really enjoyed getting thank you cards from people that experienced their first cruise vacation ever or had an incredible honey moon that they wanted to share with me. – less
Productive and fun Workplace
Buffet Steward (Current Employee), Los Angelos, United StatesOctober 6, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, lunch.dinner and accomodation
Working with Princess Cruises was a very good Experiance learned many things there like how to interact with the guest. Managing my crew According to the duty task.Taking inventries of different crocary .Travelled diffrent country of the World almost the world and got experience in working with different nationality.
abroad
Bartender (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2014
this has got to be a job you cannot dislike, getting paid to travel the world, what more could you ask for
Great Place
Direct Sales Agent (Current Employee), Santa ClaritaSeptember 25, 2014
It is a great environment to work in. I was a direct desk agent, selling cruises.
Wonderful Work Enviornment
Legal Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Valencia, CASeptember 24, 2014
Princess Cruises provides its employees with the tools to succeed in the company. It was an honor to have done an internship with them.
Discrimination is transparently seen fleetwide.
Deck Clerk thru Magsaysay Maritime Agency (Former Employee), worldwideSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
You cannot have a career growth if you are a Nationality of a 3rd world country. Even if you are smart, they will never give you the position you deserve as those who were in the position responsible for promotion will promote his own patriotic fellow. Mostly are Italians and British only has the power to move forward for their careers. You can climb – more... for the position twice or even thrice longer the regular time which British and Italians can take. – less
hard work there but alot to learn
Fit Electric Petty Officer (Current Employee), at seaSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free accomodation and meals
Cons: long hours daily, no days off for many months, live with other people no privacy and small spaces
Work hard but you have youur benefits.
I learn alot and i get many knowlege and i grow professional.
Managment is very good many people trained at this role.
Co-worker are good and very willing to help eachother.
The hardest is that you have yo stay away many months and dont live a proper life.
The good part of the job is that u have to see many device – more... and stuff where u can larn alot. – less

1 2 3 4 5