Princess Cruises

Princess Cruises Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Princess Cruises - Not for the Faint of Heart
Customer Service Agent/Junior Assistant Purser (Former Employee), Onboard ShipApril 1, 2014
Pros: getting to see the world, meeting friends from all over the world
Cons: 4 to 10 month contract at sea, sharing a room with another person at entry level, long hours and no days off
I started Princess Cruises as a Junior Assistant Purser which meant that I started at the Front Desk of a busy cruise ship. You can expect to work a minimum of 8 hours, 7 days a week for 6 months. You are contracted for 13 hours though and sometimes the hours can even extend beyond that. Within the JAP role you have the chance to work in various roles – more... such as Shore Excursions Agent, Crew Agent, Junior Hotel Controller, Assistant Admin Officer, Wedding Coordinator and Evening Front Desk Supervisor. In terms of experience it is very enlightening.

However, I have had the opportunity to see many places in the world that I would have otherwise never had a chance to and met some wonderful people along the way. If you have a positive attitude, can work hard and have a lot of energy then this is an ideal job for you. – less
.....................................
houseekeeping/room attendant public area attendant (Current Employee), cruseshipDecember 3, 2013
at the princess cruises the management work as a team.i worked this company for 2 years
Productive and fun working in a cruiseship because you can see the world.
hotel laundry attendant (Current Employee), Vancouver,CanadaNovember 14, 2013
Pros: all is free
Cons: long hours of work but the pays/wage is low
Working in a cruiseships is tiring and sometimes you have to go down the level of your co worker because sometimes you do all the works.You have to have a lot of patience because ofthe seniority some of them wont work, they leave all to you.The most enjoyable part of the job is you got to see the world for free because they sail all over the world.
could exercise/practice my ability,knowledge and skills.fun place to work with
2nd Pastrycook/Baker (Former Employee), worldwideOctober 6, 2013
Pros: could exercise/practice my ability, knowledge and skills.fun place to work with
Cons: long contracts.
could exercise/practice my ability,knowledge and skills.fun place to work with.could exercise/practice my ability,knowledge and skills.fun place to work with
See the world for free
Waiter (Former Employee), On boardJune 24, 2013
Pros: free accommodation, free meals
Cons: long hours
On board our cruise ships,we signed a contract of 13 hours a day.
I have learned a lot of tings regarding culinary terms,wines and types of beverages,How to handle difficult passengers/guests,how to handle complains,real meaning of service.
The management always look for things,events/incentives to make the crew member's life on board be more at ease – more... or to have the feeling of at home.
The hardest part of the job is the thought that once you're on board,half of your body is already considered dead.
The most enjoyable part of it is seeing the world for free. – less
Youth Staff a great position
Youth Staff (Former Employee), The top and the back of the shipMarch 8, 2013
Pros: free food, no rent, free travel, discounted drinks in the crew bar
Cons: the pay isn't great, the food and entertainment repeats each cruise, you're away from home for a long time (five months or more)
An interesting job, in which you travel a great deal, meet a lot of new and interesting people, and don't work too many hours when you're in port.

It's also a very seasonal job. On school breaks there are a lot of kids. When school is in, there are many slow weeks.

On a port day, you work 4-6 hours, and if you're unfortunate enough to work while in – more... port, you don't have many kids.

On a sea day, you generally work 11 hours when there are a lot of kids. Depending on your manager (everyone rotates from ship to ship, contract to contract), you may work less hours when there are fewer kids.

Overall, a fun job, but a lot of time is spent away from home and you see the same people every day, as you all live and work so close together. This is great for the people you get along with, but if someone rubs you the wrong way, you're still stuck with them for the foreseeable future. – less
fun place
Head bartender, restaurant assistant waitress (Former Employee), CAFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: free lunches, dinner, sncks breskfast mid snack
Cons: 8 hours aday
everyday my rotine of my work is to open my bar and chk the temperature of the machine check wats is moving not moving items.after that i have to set up the main bar check your area and my co staff if they are duty missing as well as the routine cleaning like everyday USPH public health after that i do chk the pizza area wat toorder and burger aswell – more... asmystocks alcohol i learned to be matured of handling more resposibility towards my bar and my co staff the hardest part is to encounter diffrent nationality passengern complain although since iwas there i came to resolve the problems the most enjoyable part is when you hard they give some reward to enhance more resposibilty long patience in work and mostly love your work – less
Paid to Travel
Youth Staff (Former Employee), Varies by location of shipNovember 16, 2012
Pros: free food, no rent, travel, meet great people, lots of fun!
Cons: away from home for extended periods of time, food not always great
As a Youth Staff with Princess Cruises, one works in the `Funzone`. There, the children and teens (ages 3-17) can escape their parents and spend time with others their own age. It is a fun place to work if you like working with kids, as you are able to play games, do crafts, and generally have a good time.

The off hours are filled with time off the – more... ship, and onboard entertainment. The starting salarry for a North American in a permanent position is $1100USD/mo. and a raise is provided every two contracts. There is room for promotion, but it is limited in this particular department. However, internal transfers are easily arranged after some time with the company.

The best things about the job is the opportunity to travel and to meet people from all over the world. The job itself can be a great deal of fun, as well.

The hardest part of the job is often to confined quarters. There is also the length of the contract to consider. As Youth Staff, a cabin is shared with another Youth Staff. The quarters are small, and you live with a person you work all day with. Each permanent contract for a North American is between five and seven months, and the company can ask you to extend that time if the ship will be short-staffed.

Overall, working for Princess Cruises was a fun experience, ideal for a single young adult who wants to see the world. – less
Fun and positive work environment
Customer Assistance Specialist (Current Employee), Santa Clarita, CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: cruise benefits
Cons: pay scale
Positive work environment. The company offers opportunity growth and development.
unorganized
Entertainment staff / DJ (Former Employee), sydney,ausAugust 13, 2014
lack of management. great job for traveling the world. No social life. Hard to get a good nights sleep.
Challenges demanded solution oriented individual with leadership skills and creativity to handle a multi-national work-force and international operate
Vice President (Former Employee), Los Angeles CAAugust 4, 2014
Working in a leading International Company, with its unique challenges and deadlines along with multi-faceted responsibilities was extremely rewarding. Balancing programming for over 1 million Customers per year with promotion of pertinent revenue streams, whilst also constantly creating opportunities and motivating Staff at all levels accordingly. – more... Producing and promoting the Company's customer service program to reach multi-national target base. Ability to be creative in many aspects of the Hotel Industry business. – less
HARD WORK BUT VERY NICE EXPERIENCE
Assistant Production Manager (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAAugust 2, 2014
AFTER MY LAST CRUISE SHIP WHEN I WAS IN LAND IN MY COUNTRY THE COMPANY OF THE RICHEST MEN IN THE WORLD MR. CARLOS SLIM THEY OFFER ME A GOOD POSITION
good place to work
Ex.Sous Chef (Current Employee), main dinnings and buffetJuly 30, 2014
Pros: accomodation and meal free
Cons: contracts is to long
I spend 12 years with Princess. From the first day until now it was a chalange for me every day.
Great Work Experience
Accommodation Attendant (Former Employee), World CruiseJuly 30, 2014
Management works at its best. Handles employees in a professional way. The hardest part of the job is carrying luggages to passenger's cabin. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually travelling free.
about the workplace
Booking Reservation agent (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: the cruises
Cons: management treated the call center like children
A typical day at work was taking 250 calls per day really how customers react to different things that we take for granted everyday management was not at all helpful no stand up management team the co workers I had are in my department was a team we helped one another the hardest part of the job was when it was slow and most most enjpyable put was when – more... it was busy – less
I can play table tennis and basketball.
WAITER (Former Employee), Manila, P00July 20, 2014
Pros: our food in a passengers ship are all for free except the mineral water.
Cons: sometimes i have to work for long hours, but it is okay that is my job.
I have a great time working in Princess Cruises before,Nice Salary and I learned a lot more from my co-workers as well as from my superiors.I have been visited some places in Canada,specially in Vancouver,so if I want to work in land base it should be in Canada.
Very professional workplace and financially rewarding.
Head Waiter (Current Employee), Santa Clarita, CAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: i could grow professionally in this environment.
Cons: long contract (six months at least).
I could make a lot of experience working oversea with Princess Cruises as my job covered back of the house duties (inventory, planning & scheduling) and front of the house duties, facing passengers and solving their problems or concerns.
A great to spend the summer!
Kitchen Lead (Former Employee), Healy, AKJuly 11, 2014
My day started simple, prep, open the restaurant than it was time for the fun. Since Princess Cruises hires from all around the world, it was a fun experience getting to meet so many different people. When all said and done we are very similar even with oceans separating us. The best part of my job was the experience it self, meeting new people, learning – more... new things. Overall it was really what got me into management. Half way through the summer we lost our General Manager so we kind of winged it. By the end of the summer everyone was looking to me for direction. – less
Summary
Position◆ Reservation Specialist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: access to free coffee, lunches once a month.
Cons: a raise is always nice.
A typical day at work is answering a mid high to medium volume of calls from Travel Agents who need you to modify a booking already made or for you to give them price quotes.

I've learned that when in a position like this where call handle time is not the biggest priority it help build relationships with guest so they can experience the greatest customer – more... service there is to offer.

Management do their best and are always looking out for our best interest. They appreciate their teams and do fun things year round to ease our stress of call after call.

Co workers are friendly and professional. Everyone is pleasant and stays to themselves but also does nice things like visit your desk for assistance or treats.

The most enjoyable part of the job is once a month we are fed by the company and its called our world of thanks. – less
A great company to work for while traveling the world
Assistant Company Performance Manager (Current Employee), WorldwideJuly 8, 2014
Pros: you have no living expenses while onboard
Cons: shared accommodation for junior and mid-management staff
Working onboard Cruise ships is very different to working in a land-based job. It can take a while to get used to being in a closed environment where you work, live and socialize with the same people. The traveling aspect of working onboard Cruise ships is awesome and you have the opportunity to visit many different countries and continents while earning – more... a salary. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Princess Cruises

You don't have to be king of the world to travel on these queens of the seas. A venerable name in ocean travel, Cunard Line is – Read more