Princess Cruises

Princess Cruises Employee Reviews in Canada

Ship Life
Bartender (Former Employee) –  WorldwideMarch 15, 2016
My life on-board was a amazing experience. Demanding, high pace and exhausting is the general review about ships but it was fun as well.

Work on average 12 hours per day for 8 months every day with no day off. For 5 years I have learned a lot about products, leadership and management.

Working many different nationalities you learn about communication that one never known.

In General it was a experience that I loved, but it is time for me to look for land based work were me and my wife can build upon.
Excellent Standards
Asst. Food & Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Various locationsSeptember 27, 2014
If you are workaholic, this is the place for you.
Maintaining high standards and delivering services right on time or before time is a culture here.
Pros
all amenities on board
Cons
very long working hours
Great Work Experience
Accommodation Attendant (Former Employee) –  World CruiseJuly 30, 2014
Management works at its best. Handles employees in a professional way. The hardest part of the job is carrying luggages to passenger's cabin. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually travelling free.
fun to work
Assistant Purser (Former Employee) –  los Angels CAApril 1, 2014
assist the passengers with safey,and others needs
management helpfull
Pros
free travel
Cons
long hours, but enjoyeable always meet new passengers
Princess Cruises - Not for the Faint of Heart
Customer Service Agent/Junior Assistant Purser (Former Employee) –  Onboard ShipApril 1, 2014
I started Princess Cruises as a Junior Assistant Purser which meant that I started at the Front Desk of a busy cruise ship. You can expect to work a minimum of 8 hours, 7 days a week for 6 months. You are contracted for 13 hours though and sometimes the hours can even extend beyond that. Within the JAP role you have the chance to work in various roles such as Shore Excursions Agent, Crew Agent, Junior Hotel Controller, Assistant Admin Officer, Wedding Coordinator and Evening Front Desk Supervisor. In terms of experience it is very enlightening.

However, I have had the opportunity to see many places in the world that I would have otherwise never had a chance to and met some wonderful people along the way. If you have a positive attitude, can work hard and have a lot of energy then this is an ideal job for you.
Pros
getting to see the world, meeting friends from all over the world
Cons
4 to 10 month contract at sea, sharing a room with another person at entry level, long hours and no days off
.....................................
houseekeeping/room attendant public area attendant (Current Employee) –  cruseshipDecember 3, 2013
at the princess cruises the management work as a team.i worked this company for 2 years
Productive and fun working in a cruiseship because you can see the world.
hotel laundry attendant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver,CanadaNovember 14, 2013
Working in a cruiseships is tiring and sometimes you have to go down the level of your co worker because sometimes you do all the works.You have to have a lot of patience because ofthe seniority some of them wont work, they leave all to you.The most enjoyable part of the job is you got to see the world for free because they sail all over the world.
Pros
all is free
Cons
long hours of work but the pays/wage is low
Interesting job, able to see the world
Art Steward and Portrait Artist (Current Employee) –  Cruise Ship - WorldwideOctober 18, 2013
As an Art Steward, I am the overall in charge for Gallery Display plus maintaining the quality of the frame that's on display. I learned to supervised and trained our assistants. The hardest part of the job is to adjust for a new boss that usually change every two months. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everything goes smoothly.
As a Portrait Artist, this is my Part time while on board. I am an Artist/Painter for almost 27 years and never having an instance that i forsake this career. I still accept job online @ OLX.COM other services/Portrait Artist.
hardworking,flexible,easy to be with,love to have a lots of friends and positive thinker
Pastry cook/cook (Former Employee) –  philippinesSeptember 20, 2013
it was a very busy work, i was working for almost 18 hours a day.
i learned a lot of things in my job,being a good man,be productive,be flexible.i practice my skills and discipline and hardwork.
it is a good management with my employer,they have good benefits,they give me an option and helping me what to do for the next contract.
i was so happy to be part of international job,i'm so happy to have a lots of friends internationaly.and having an idea for a lots of things.
for me,the hardest part of my job is when the United States Public Health inspection is coming.
the most enjoyable part of my job is free travel around the world and learn a lot of things in my job.
Pros
free meal and accomodation
See the world for free
Waiter (Former Employee) –  On boardJune 24, 2013
On board our cruise ships,we signed a contract of 13 hours a day.
I have learned a lot of tings regarding culinary terms,wines and types of beverages,How to handle difficult passengers/guests,how to handle complains,real meaning of service.
The management always look for things,events/incentives to make the crew member's life on board be more at ease or to have the feeling of at home.
The hardest part of the job is the thought that once you're on board,half of your body is already considered dead.
The most enjoyable part of it is seeing the world for free.
Pros
free accommodation, free meals
Youth Staff a great position
Youth Staff (Former Employee) –  The top and the back of the shipMarch 8, 2013
An interesting job, in which you travel a great deal, meet a lot of new and interesting people, and don't work too many hours when you're in port.

It's also a very seasonal job. On school breaks there are a lot of kids. When school is in, there are many slow weeks.

On a port day, you work 4-6 hours, and if you're unfortunate enough to work while in port, you don't have many kids.

On a sea day, you generally work 11 hours when there are a lot of kids. Depending on your manager (everyone rotates from ship to ship, contract to contract), you may work less hours when there are fewer kids.

Overall, a fun job, but a lot of time is spent away from home and you see the same people every day, as you all live and work so close together. This is great for the people you get along with, but if someone rubs you the wrong way, you're still stuck with them for the foreseeable future.
Pros
free food, no rent, free travel, discounted drinks in the crew bar
Cons
the pay isn't great, the food and entertainment repeats each cruise, you're away from home for a long time (five months or more)
fun place
Head bartender, restaurant assistant waitress (Former Employee) –  CAFebruary 1, 2013
everyday my rotine of my work is to open my bar and chk the temperature of the machine check wats is moving not moving items.after that i have to set up the main bar check your area and my co staff if they are duty missing as well as the routine cleaning like everyday USPH public health after that i do chk the pizza area wat toorder and burger aswell asmystocks alcohol i learned to be matured of handling more resposibility towards my bar and my co staff the hardest part is to encounter diffrent nationality passengern complain although since iwas there i came to resolve the problems the most enjoyable part is when you hard they give some reward to enhance more resposibilty long patience in work and mostly love your work
Pros
free lunches, dinner, sncks breskfast mid snack
Cons
8 hours aday
Paid to Travel
Youth Staff (Former Employee) –  Varies by location of shipNovember 16, 2012
As a Youth Staff with Princess Cruises, one works in the `Funzone`. There, the children and teens (ages 3-17) can escape their parents and spend time with others their own age. It is a fun place to work if you like working with kids, as you are able to play games, do crafts, and generally have a good time.

The off hours are filled with time off the ship, and onboard entertainment. The starting salarry for a North American in a permanent position is $1100USD/mo. and a raise is provided every two contracts. There is room for promotion, but it is limited in this particular department. However, internal transfers are easily arranged after some time with the company.

The best things about the job is the opportunity to travel and to meet people from all over the world. The job itself can be a great deal of fun, as well.

The hardest part of the job is often to confined quarters. There is also the length of the contract to consider. As Youth Staff, a cabin is shared with another Youth Staff. The quarters are small, and you live with a person you work all day with. Each permanent contract for a North American is between five and seven months, and the company can ask you to extend that time if the ship will be short-staffed.

Overall, working for Princess Cruises was a fun experience, ideal for a single young adult who wants to see the world.
Pros
free food, no rent, travel, meet great people, lots of fun!
Cons
away from home for extended periods of time, food not always great
Un trabajo muy interesante con posiblidades de conocer el mundo de forma gratuita
Buffet Steward (Current Employee) –  CAMay 3, 2014
Me gusta mucho trabajar para princess cruises porque he adquirido una excelente cultura de servicio a clientes. La forma tan organizada de su logística y las estrategias para logras sus objetivos en todas las áreas de trabajo, creo que alguien que desee aprender a trabajar debería unirse a esta compañía, y lo que mas me gusta es que he tenido la oportunidad de conocer todo el mundo físicamente, todos los continentes y todos los mares.
Pros
trabajas mucho y descansas bien
Cons
contratos muy largos