Princess Cruises

Princess Cruises Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I can play table tennis and basketball.
WAITER (Former Employee), Manila, P00July 20, 2014
Pros: our food in a passengers ship are all for free except the mineral water.
Cons: sometimes i have to work for long hours, but it is okay that is my job.
I have a great time working in Princess Cruises before,Nice Salary and I learned a lot more from my co-workers as well as from my superiors.I have been visited some places in Canada,specially in Vancouver,so if I want to work in land base it should be in Canada.
Almost everything is good,but my problem is promotion, salary, and discrimination, long vacation hard time from my new boss.
Baker (Current Employee), Santa Clarita, CAMay 1, 2014
Pros: free for everything
Cons: 8hours/day
Everyday with pressure
Concentrate to your work
Management are good.
Different nationalities, different co-worker every contract.
The hardest part is in the season of public health inspection.
When we finish the cruise w/out complain, and offshore.
fun to work
Assistant Purser (Former Employee), los Angels CAApril 1, 2014
Pros: free travel
Cons: long hours, but enjoyeable always meet new passengers
assist the passengers with safey,and others needs
management helpfull
Princess Cruises - Not for the Faint of Heart
Customer Service Agent/Junior Assistant Purser (Former Employee), Onboard ShipApril 1, 2014
Pros: getting to see the world, meeting friends from all over the world
Cons: 4 to 10 month contract at sea, sharing a room with another person at entry level, long hours and no days off
I started Princess Cruises as a Junior Assistant Purser which meant that I started at the Front Desk of a busy cruise ship. You can expect to work a minimum of 8 hours, 7 days a week for 6 months. You are contracted for 13 hours though and sometimes the hours can even extend beyond that. Within the JAP role you have the chance to work in various roles – more... such as Shore Excursions Agent, Crew Agent, Junior Hotel Controller, Assistant Admin Officer, Wedding Coordinator and Evening Front Desk Supervisor. In terms of experience it is very enlightening.

However, I have had the opportunity to see many places in the world that I would have otherwise never had a chance to and met some wonderful people along the way. If you have a positive attitude, can work hard and have a lot of energy then this is an ideal job for you. – less
Princess Cruises days
Bar Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FloridaMarch 20, 2014
Being a Supervisor on board, I must be customer focused, organized in making daily schedules. I should have a good execution skills, interpersonal sawy, energetic and with a positive disposition.

We don't have a whole rest day on board, that is why it is very important that I managed my time effectively. It;s fun working on the ship. I missed it so – more... much... I stopped at the moment so that I can see my growing kids everyday... – less
Great atmosphere to work in, clean and relaxing environment
Professional Guest Performer (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CaliforniaJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: free airfare, free food, free tours, travel, free gym membership
Cons: away from family and friends, holidays away from home
This was an exceptional job. Other employees were very friendly and helpful. Allowed me to travel to many countries and experience various cultures as well as work with individuals from all over the world.

A typical day at work consisted of eating healthy, working out, warming up and make up/costume preparations for our shows.

Through this experience – more... I learned the value of a good leader and management team and the importance of following rules and instructions.

The management of this company was execptional, everyone was able to get tasks done through people without being condescending and belittling.

I was privileged to work with such phenomenal and talented individuals. Each of the cast members got along very well, and we all had great chemistry to work with.

The hardest part of this job was leaving. I had reapplied to university to complete my degree, unfortunately, for me to finish my degree I needed to move back home and be stationary for the time being.

Through this job I was able to follow my heart and my passion as a dancer, however, the most enjoyable part of this job was traveling all over the world. Waking up in a new country almost everyday was definitely a fantastic experience and I loved every moment of it. – less
.....................................
houseekeeping/room attendant public area attendant (Current Employee), cruseshipDecember 3, 2013
at the princess cruises the management work as a team.i worked this company for 2 years
Productive and fun working in a cruiseship because you can see the world.
hotel laundry attendant (Current Employee), Vancouver,CanadaNovember 14, 2013
Pros: all is free
Cons: long hours of work but the pays/wage is low
Working in a cruiseships is tiring and sometimes you have to go down the level of your co worker because sometimes you do all the works.You have to have a lot of patience because ofthe seniority some of them wont work, they leave all to you.The most enjoyable part of the job is you got to see the world for free because they sail all over the world.
Interesting job, able to see the world
Art Steward and Portrait Artist (Current Employee), Cruise Ship - WorldwideOctober 18, 2013
As an Art Steward, I am the overall in charge for Gallery Display plus maintaining the quality of the frame that's on display. I learned to supervised and trained our assistants. The hardest part of the job is to adjust for a new boss that usually change every two months. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everything goes smoothly.
As a Portrait – more... Artist, this is my Part time while on board. I am an Artist/Painter for almost 27 years and never having an instance that i forsake this career. I still accept job online @ OLX.COM other services/Portrait Artist. – less
Fantastic experience
Fine Jewelry Sales Associate (Current Employee), Santa Clarita, CAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: dealing with great people all the time
Cons: long hours
Worked with high end merchandise, while working with people from all over the world, constantly learning new things and seeing new places of the globe.
could exercise/practice my ability,knowledge and skills.fun place to work with
2nd Pastrycook/Baker (Former Employee), worldwideOctober 6, 2013
Pros: could exercise/practice my ability, knowledge and skills.fun place to work with
Cons: long contracts.
could exercise/practice my ability,knowledge and skills.fun place to work with.could exercise/practice my ability,knowledge and skills.fun place to work with
hardworking,flexible,easy to be with,love to have a lots of friends and positive thinker
Pastry cook/cook (Former Employee), philippinesSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: free meal and accomodation
Cons: long hours
it was a very busy work, i was working for almost 18 hours a day.
i learned a lot of things in my job,being a good man,be productive,be flexible.i practice my skills and discipline and hardwork.
it is a good management with my employer,they have good benefits,they give me an option and helping me what to do for the next contract.
i was so happy to be – more... part of international job,i'm so happy to have a lots of friends internationaly.and having an idea for a lots of things.
for me,the hardest part of my job is when the United States Public Health inspection is coming.
the most enjoyable part of my job is free travel around the world and learn a lot of things in my job. – less
the best job in all cruise line industries
Waiter (Current Employee), Santa Clarita, CAJuly 26, 2013
i work here 11-12 hrs a day, 24/7..
i learned here everything.. but am still learning everyday in my daily job basis..
my co-workers is good.. i have a lots of co-workers from different nationalities.. and its good to know different culture of their country..
hardest part of my job is the long hours work..
i enjoy my job.. were else can you get this – more... kind of job.. free traveling around the world, free lodging, free food, all you have to do is work hard.. – less
Great experience and travels around the world
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAJune 26, 2013
Amazing company to work for and travel the world! Great experience to work with so many different backgrounds and cultures. Amazing working with so many different officials as well around the world. So grateful for this experience in my life.
Productive fun place to work
Reservations Sales Clerk (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMarch 25, 2013
Pros: lots of career opportunities
Cons: worked on a point system can only improve if you received a lot of points
Telesales, handles over 100 calls a day from travel agents and individuals. I learned that customers are not ALWAYS right within company guidelines they can be wrong. I learned excelent phone etiquete. My co workers was helpful and very supportive. The hardest part of the job was knowing that the supervisors can log into your call at anytime and listen – more... and critique you on the calls at any time. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that when they do listen in its to improve you in your customer service and to train and give advice – less
Youth Staff a great position
Youth Staff (Former Employee), The top and the back of the shipMarch 8, 2013
Pros: free food, no rent, free travel, discounted drinks in the crew bar
Cons: the pay isn't great, the food and entertainment repeats each cruise, you're away from home for a long time (five months or more)
An interesting job, in which you travel a great deal, meet a lot of new and interesting people, and don't work too many hours when you're in port.

It's also a very seasonal job. On school breaks there are a lot of kids. When school is in, there are many slow weeks.

On a port day, you work 4-6 hours, and if you're unfortunate enough to work while in – more... port, you don't have many kids.

On a sea day, you generally work 11 hours when there are a lot of kids. Depending on your manager (everyone rotates from ship to ship, contract to contract), you may work less hours when there are fewer kids.

Overall, a fun job, but a lot of time is spent away from home and you see the same people every day, as you all live and work so close together. This is great for the people you get along with, but if someone rubs you the wrong way, you're still stuck with them for the foreseeable future. – less
fun place
Head bartender, restaurant assistant waitress (Former Employee), CAFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: free lunches, dinner, sncks breskfast mid snack
Cons: 8 hours aday
everyday my rotine of my work is to open my bar and chk the temperature of the machine check wats is moving not moving items.after that i have to set up the main bar check your area and my co staff if they are duty missing as well as the routine cleaning like everyday USPH public health after that i do chk the pizza area wat toorder and burger aswell – more... asmystocks alcohol i learned to be matured of handling more resposibility towards my bar and my co staff the hardest part is to encounter diffrent nationality passengern complain although since iwas there i came to resolve the problems the most enjoyable part is when you hard they give some reward to enhance more resposibilty long patience in work and mostly love your work – less
work place which gives you opportunity to see the world
Buffet Stewardess\Hostess (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CANovember 29, 2012
Princess Cruises Co showed me how to use your limitless, you learned how to work as one team.
The hardest part of the job is USPH cleaning but hard time covered by pleasant part is your break when you are free and can enjoy yourself on the beach or explore many interesting things around :)
Paid to Travel
Youth Staff (Former Employee), Varies by location of shipNovember 16, 2012
Pros: free food, no rent, travel, meet great people, lots of fun!
Cons: away from home for extended periods of time, food not always great
As a Youth Staff with Princess Cruises, one works in the `Funzone`. There, the children and teens (ages 3-17) can escape their parents and spend time with others their own age. It is a fun place to work if you like working with kids, as you are able to play games, do crafts, and generally have a good time.

The off hours are filled with time off the – more... ship, and onboard entertainment. The starting salarry for a North American in a permanent position is $1100USD/mo. and a raise is provided every two contracts. There is room for promotion, but it is limited in this particular department. However, internal transfers are easily arranged after some time with the company.

The best things about the job is the opportunity to travel and to meet people from all over the world. The job itself can be a great deal of fun, as well.

The hardest part of the job is often to confined quarters. There is also the length of the contract to consider. As Youth Staff, a cabin is shared with another Youth Staff. The quarters are small, and you live with a person you work all day with. Each permanent contract for a North American is between five and seven months, and the company can ask you to extend that time if the ship will be short-staffed.

Overall, working for Princess Cruises was a fun experience, ideal for a single young adult who wants to see the world. – less
hard worker...
asistant cook (Former Employee), USAAugust 8, 2012
Pros: free meal, ansurance
12 hour work minimum per day and no day off
learning a lot more about western\
good management
hardest part only when more than 12 hours working
nice one are when we have a break to go outside the ship....

1 2 3 4 5

About Princess Cruises

You don't have to be king of the world to travel on these queens of the seas. A venerable name in ocean travel, Cunard Line is – Read more