Princess Auto Employee Reviews in Canada

Good supportive team
Day Receiving Team/Warehouse Receiver (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMarch 7, 2016
I enjoy working part time with such a supportive staff and our customers are generally good natured.
I love the product selection and I have learnt a great deal about the products we carry which allows me to be able to market them to our customers more efficiently.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCApril 12, 2016
The employees and management are great. Accommodating, and great work atmosphere. They are very safety orientated, as well as, knowledgeable in their areas.
Accomadating with schedule
RETAIL SALES/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 11, 2016
I enjoyed the freedom to do your job and make decisions without always having to contacting a manager for approval. Most of the employees get along.
Working with Princess Auto is Exciting!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 16, 2012
Princess Auto creates an exciting environment to work in. It is fast paced and challenging at times but offers so many ways to benefit from a hard days work. For starters they offer full benefits which is rare in a retail environment. We have a pension plan, excellent profit sharing quarterly, and Deferred Profit Sharing Plans on top of it all. There is lots of room for advancement. You can be transferred anywhere in Canada as there is a store in practically every province now. With Princess Auto you will always get back what you put into it. If you want to succeed they will help you do it!!
Cons
shift work
Bad place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONJuly 18, 2014
Working for Princess Auto is a bad choice. Period. The benefits they offer aren't as great as they say, and you have to ask someone at head office to get any real info about it. They do offer profit sharing which is in theory a great thing, but if you were hired a few days after one, you may have to wait up to a year before you see a half share.

The leaders are all unorganized and don't communicate well with one another, the staff suffer because of this lack of communication, and are ultimately blamed for the end result, which is completely unacceptable. The staff gets no respect and are heavily under paid for the work load that is asked of them.

Most of the staff are almost as bad as the leaders. Talking about each other behind their backs, stealing from one another, passing blame. No one can trust each other as a result, and end up hating each other.
Pros
free work boots every 6 months
Cons
the leaders, employees, work load, benefits, organization
fun
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABFebruary 26, 2016
They are happy go lucky people that work at princess auto its a good place to work. I am a cashier we deal with our guest that need to know were products are and ring them through the till. Hardest part is the different shifts.
Pros
team players
Cons
shifts allway changes
Great business to work for
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 27, 2014
Everyday their was a meeting with the boss to update on sales and what were the tasks for the day, awesome communication between employees and managers. I left the company to continue education. The pay is great for retail and the benefits are amazing. Consistent on the job training is offered and their is always the opportunities to advance in the company. I would work for them again in a heart beat!
Pros
great benefits, amazing atmosphere, friendly work environment
Cons
only con is its retail so hours aren't fun
Newfoundland location is a joke..
Night time stocker ( apparently ) (Former Employee) –  EverywhereMay 20, 2014
They may look good on paper, but be warned... They offer you everything when you start. If you dont play "their game ". You wont make it past the 3 month mark. Trust me. I know.. Dont be fooled by the offer of benefits either .. You'll never see it. Ever...

At the end of the day.. The nl location is a breading spot for mental illness. Your just a number to these guys. They dont care about you whatsoever. When you do try to change things for the better.. You get shafted in the end.

Read the fine print and save your self some sanity people.. its a waste of time .. Thats my two cents worth ;)
Pros
a 20% discount, and free work boots every 6 months.
Cons
everything else
Fun place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBJanuary 4, 2016
Very nice co-workers
very fun and easy going place to work
Half decent pay
Good management
Hardest part is getting yelled at by customers
Most enjoyable part is helping others
no respect for employees!!!!
floor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 29, 2013
I was hired at PA in Red Deer just after my dad passed away. Like maybe a week. So I during my training I needed a day off to go to the lawyers and get stuff signed up. And I also had an absessed tooth which needed an emergency root canal because my face was swollen. I brought in a medical note for missing that day. I was let go today because I was a half hour late for work due to a cab being 20 minutes late so I ended up calling a different cab company! The store leader is not a leader! They knew prior to hiring me that my dad passed away!!!! And I had a medical note for missing work!!! The store leader needs a lesson in working with people!!!! Instead she has some Mickey Mouse course called women in steel toes! Really?????? Wow!!!' why does princess auto hire idiots like this! Especially to do a job that she isn't qualified to do!!!! Red Deer needs an over haul in management!! And I have overseen such dis organization of product in my life!!!! Like products apparently do NOT go with like products in RedDeer!!!!! I will be calling the regional manager and giving him an update of the store!!! Red Deer is awful and I was warned by 2 different people not to work there!!!!' I DO NOT suggest to anyone to work there!!!!!!
benefits
Cons
management is terrible!!!!!!
Great family atmosphere to work in.
retail sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2016
Princess Auto is a good company to work for, there are plenty of negatives and positives to say about this place. But the biggest lesson that Princess Auto taught me is how they cherish Family.
Princess Auto.
Cashier, Floor sales, Receiver, Warehouse Staff (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 1, 2015
Princess Auto over all is a safe, fun, team work based environment. I had really enjoyed the period of time i worked for the company. They have always treated their staff and customers well. Great Flexible hours and understanding team Leaders and staff
Pros
great pay, benefits, medical coverage, canadian pension plan
Fun Team Oriented workplace.
Team Leader Trainee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 5, 2013
If you like customer service and can handle a challenge, Then this is the place for you. Your customer service and task handling skills will be tested. This is a fast paced workplace but the co-workers there will make it easy as they are very team oriented. Hardest thing to get used to is the pace once you've got used to that the fun you have there is unmatched in any other retail store.
Pros
great pay and benifits package
Cons
very fast paced and energy draining
Great work environment all round
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Burnside, NSOctober 3, 2015
Great working environment. Lots of interaction between colleagues and customers alike. Active friendly atmosphere that allowed for the positive atmosphere created by the company culture to shine. It allowed for creative thinking as well as gave simple tasks to allow for a slower pace work day. Always something to do.
Pros
Interactive, creative
Cons
Ccut backs for part time employees
good place
cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 17, 2016
good place to work, great fun, customers are interesting, flexible, lots to do, get exercise while at work. happy place
productive and a good way to get out of your normal routine
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 13, 2015
my day would have started with me walking around the store and helping guests with what they needed, after that i would see if any shelves were empty or ugly looking and needed to be refilled,then i would go on the computer see when some products are arriving or an products being discontinued. I always had at least one other co-worker in my section. it was always busy around noon so thats when i worked the most.I had to memorize the whole store because customers would always pull you away from you section to the other side of the store i even had to memorize certain products for later reference had gotten so good at my job that when customers asked for prices on products i knew most of them.
Pros
%20 off on all items free gym membership
Cons
alot of standing and wearing steel toes sometimes gave blisters
Great place to meet people
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKNovember 28, 2015
Learned a lot about working in a retail store, from selling to returning products, how to set up floor display. Worst thing was dealing with angry customers
Pros
Stafff were always happy and willing to herlp
Cons
Shift work
Enjoyable workplace environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 9, 2015
Hardest part of this job was waking up before the sun came up, and being there for 5AM to stock shelves running on lots of caffeine. I loved working here, because it was convenient for getting off early and still seeing sunshine.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
The pay
fun and energetic place to work. customers always left happy
Night Receiving Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 30, 2014
always busy yet fun. great team atmosphere to work. Management always willing to help and product knowledge on going
Pros
full benefits and profit sharing
Cons
non
A great place to work
Sales Associate Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 2, 2014
It easy to work for a company that allows you to truly provide real customer service. The best part of my job is the people both customers and coworkers.
Pros
great benefits and profit sharing
Cons
no advancement opportunities

2.8