Princess Auto Employee Reviews

ok place
Front End Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE30 May 2017
went to work there with my shoulder broken in two places and taking pain meds. The new young boy who was the manager didn't see me as a good fit. Seemed to be geared to a younger crowd
Pros
staff disounts
Cons
Bad management team
Good coworkes bad managment
Hydraulic Technician (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB29 May 2017
Coworkers were great to work with.

Mangament was a joke.
Promises of wage increaces after additional training never filled
Changeing shifts after the schedule was sent out with asking
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Managment
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 May 2017
The job is fun, co workers are great! Opportunity for advancement is always available. I have learned more than I imagined at this job in many ways.
Pros
Learning experiences are endless
Cons
wages could be better, but benefits make up for it.
great job, great people
Forklift Operator/Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 May 2017
Operated the Forklift machine, loaded and unloaded trucks, stacked and unstacked warehouse palettes, helped people who picked stack their palettes together. Operated the scan-gun machine, was driving the double palette jack at first than upgraded to forklifting.
Pros
great job, great ambiance
Cons
short shifts 4hrs per day
management was aweful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 May 2017
Very unpleasant experience. Management was aweful. Made me very unhappy because of management, very unprofessional, was harassed. Benefits were great.
Pros
work place
Cons
management environment
Sales Represntative
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SALES REPRESENTIVE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2017
I really enjoyed working at Princess Auto. I was a sales Representative which meant I had my own section of the store that I specifically took care of and had knowledge about. I learnt a lot about different trades and what tools are needed for them. My management was wonderful, specifically because the company is passionate on working as a team. I couldn't say my job had anything really hard about it but i did leave because I was a new mother and at the time that was hard but the managment was very undrstanding about my situation. Getting to talk to new people and make new relationships, as well as the pay check would be my most enjoyable part of the job.
Bad Management
TLT (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB1 May 2017
The management here was also more interested in friendships and talking about very personal things at staff or management meetings. They seemed more interested in partying than customer service.
Good fun environment
Part-time Sales and Cash Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2017
Overall its an okay place to work. In my opinion, the management could be severely improved. There are many good people working for the company that get under appreciated. However, it is a good place to work when starting out. The benefits are good.
Fun company.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK25 April 2017
Opportunities for advancement and paid training. Pay is very reasonable and there is profit sharing. Management is very understanding and willing to work with you to ensure a good work and life balance. The team is just that, a team.
Great place but no room for growth
Team memebr (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 April 2017
Great company to enjoy working for if you don't plan on advancing.
You must already have the skill sets there looking for to advance, past accomplishments and years of service mean nothing and they won't train on they job you must already be trained for the job.
The team members are great friendly and make the work day enjoyable and our customers are fantastic and friendly.
Every other weekend off
Pros
Team memebers and customers
Cons
Very little room for advancements
It could have been better
Sales Associate and Night Receiver, Whitby (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON5 April 2017
It was poorly managed and there was too much drama going on. I only worked there to make money while i was in school. I had good hours but wasn't worth it with all the stuff going on.
Pros
money
Cons
drama
Fun work place but has its moments.
Cashier, Stocking (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 March 2017
You learned new things everyday, got to get to know new customers, learn new skills, learn about different types of tools and how they work and you gain more independence.
Pros
Store closed at 9 on week days, 6 on Saturdays and 5 on Sundays
Cons
Making sure everything is done right, weren't able to leave until everything was done
Wouldnt waste my time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB17 March 2017
The profit share is nice, but doesn't make it worth it. The rules or guidelines change, constantly. What one leader tells you, is different than what another leader will tell you the next day. The culture is a bunch of whiny children. Feels like a high school.
Pros
Benefits, profit share, job security
Cons
Wage isnt great, culture is terrible, burnout
Productive and fun atmosphere to work in
Full time Team Member Night Receiver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 March 2017
I've worked here for 10 years, and it is great.
The people here are amazing, friendly and welcoming.
They do not only show Royal Service to customers, they also provide it for team members.
Pros
Lots of Free Lunches and Profit Sharing and Benifits
Management can use serious work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2017
The management for the location I worked at was poor, there have been several accounts of schedules changing several times after they have been posted without notice. There had also been several accounts of complaints from Team Members, Leaders and Customers going completely unheard or not dealt with. Conflicts between Team Members had been put on the table and never truly dealt with by Management, and there has been huge instances of favoritism by Management.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
Biased Management
Not a great company for a career
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 March 2017
Started with great potential as a career for growth but has proven the complete opposite due to managers who hire based on personal likes rather then skills and acheivements.

I do not recommend for anyone looking for a career. Good for anyone just looking for a daily job.

They do offer a reasonable pay for a retail company including quarterly profit sharing.
Lots of great people with a lot of knowledgment
Order picker/Shipping (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON27 February 2017
I find it is hard to move up with in the company and the communication is not there from the leadership team, and the team members are struggling with what is asked from them daily
Relaxed atmosphere, typical retail store.
NRT (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 February 2017
Typical retail store minus one key feature, no planograms for product placement. its a mess to stock and its a mess to shop. staff are told to "use their own creative input" to merchandise but 8 people working the same section leads to the chaos everyone who shops at princess auto has seen.With that being said Overall with an employee discount and many employee incentive bonuses along with the very flexible hours its a great part time job.Anyone who enjoys working on their own, merchandising and customer service could thrive here.
Pros
Staff discount, employee incentives
Cons
extremely disorganized
Excellent Culture
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 February 2017
Great company culture and excellent environment at all levels. Many levels of company are truly focused on the creating a superior experience for their employees and team members. Although this company have been operating for 50+ years and has been extremely successful for a Canadian based company. It has many opportunities to grow its operations and customer engagement culture. I look forward to seeing how Princess Auto Moves forward in developing their operations of the next 10 years. Good Luck PA
Culture crumbling
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 January 2017
During my many years with Princess I enjoyed working in a friendly, fun environment and flourished without worry of judgement. In the last 3-4 years a new wave of upper management was hired strictly based on skill set, with little to no consideration as to their morals/personality. Within a short period, I was met with management that either didn't know me or didn't care to know me. Many knew of the corporate values, but had little clue or interest as to how to apply them. I wish the company well, but it is very sad to know it's unique culture is slowing crumbling.
Pros
Caring key people
Cons
Corporate mindset taking over

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Princess Auto. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7