Princess Auto

Princess Auto Employee Reviews

Educational and a Spontaneous Work environment
Hydraulic Technician (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJune 25, 2015
Each day is a busy one faced with new challenges. Its a very busy work environment. The hardest thing about the job is its step learning curve. Being aware of all the products PAuto sells and their locations in the store.
Pros
Learning new things everyday
Cons
none to speak of.
okay place to work if your looking for something temporary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJune 25, 2015
If you cant take a shift they get upset even if they ask you on your day off.

If your sick and you bring a doctors note all the time they still get upset.

The older people who work there need to retire ASAP... they're always cranky

Management is pretty unreliable

So if you need a job asap. try applying they hire anyone !
they pay nothing and want everything
Night Time Inventory Rotation/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2015
Co-workers were great, very fun people. That's about the only good thing about this place, supervisors are power hungry and know less about anything then most of the teenagers that work there, the manager expects far to much out of his minimum wage "team", and dwells upon the most minor of mistakes. Management and supervisors had no power though, at the time a 16 year old ran the tills/customer service desk because the actual supervisor didn't understand how they worked and every body went to the former mentioned for help. Night crew ran the rest of the place, disregarding supervisors and management alike. If there was an issue in the warehouse or on the floor nine times out of ten night crew was who people would go to, it usually got resolved too. unfortunately this meant that if there was any issue at all it was on night crews shoulders. the job itself is actually kind of fun, definitely easy, but it is impossible to make it past the terrible management and the drama they bring to the table.
Pros
Co-workers are great
Cons
power hungry management lacks understanding of management
Productive and fun workplace
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 20, 2015
I enjoyed working here but I would like to switch back to a normal day schedule. I got along with my co-workers and enjoyed the atmosphere.
great work
Greeting, merchandising & cashing (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 21, 2015
i will be helping customers, with everyday projects and needs. worked in different parts of the store. such as, air and power, garden, and more.
Tasks
Night shift NRT (Current Employee) –  1455 McCowan Rd, Toronto, ON M1S 5K7April 22, 2015
We would stock shelves, unload the trucks, make sure the store is spotless before first shift starts, assist customers and leave them satisfied. My coworkers were good but talkative and needed reminders to get back on task. Hardest part of the job is the night shift and the most enjoyable is the environment.
Had the Potential to be a Great Place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgery, ABApril 7, 2015
Princess Auto has a lot of great workers, but the management never recognizes this and never appreciates their hard work. Often they will have two or three people scheduled on a busy weekend while they sit and "hide" in the back office where they can do nothing. Furthermore, workers who were far superior in knowledge and experience were never given a break or pat on the back for their excellent work. Sadly, the management would usually gossip and badmouth about said workers which brought the morale down. In short.... Princess Auto had the potential to be so much more.
Pros
good coworkers, and a steady work pace
Cons
poor management
Great Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 6, 2015
At princess Auto I started as a trailer reciever. After about 2 months i started working as an sales associate. I loved my co workers because everyone was so respectful and helpful.
Great pay benefits, horrible management
Sales team member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, OnMarch 31, 2015
The pay here is great, and they also profit share. However management is run terribly, customers are often left waiting around looking for help because scheduling is spread so thin constantly, even during peak hours which made for an extremely stressful work environment. The store manager is completely unapproachable, and makes little effort if any at all to work through issues such as thin scheduling or customer complaints.
Great workpalce
Cashier & Team Member (Former Employee) –  TorontoMarch 25, 2015
The management team was helpful. They were able to accommodate my work schedule with my school's schedule which really helped me work and study well at the same time.
Its an alright place
Night Time Receiving (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 12, 2015
A typical day includes alot of problem solving
Management was bad
Hardest part of the job is dealing with the mistakes the day shift makes
Fast pace easy going
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Every day would bring some new or unexpected challenge which was great because then our shift would fly by and in no time at all the day was over.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
unpredictable hours could not book appointments and keep them
loved this job
Day receiver (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 28, 2015
I enjoyed all the people who worked there. I loved the training and road trips to other princess auto areas that involved set up. Met many bosses on those trips.
Pros
free meals, great profit sharing.
Cons
shovelling snow
great beginners work
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJanuary 6, 2015
Friendly management and team members and not really hard work, show me everything about sale and organize of items, the most enjoyable is when your helped customers find the item they need. and the friendly relationship
Pros
20% discount
Cons
too much stuff too organize
Princess Auto.
Cashier, Floor sales, Receiver, Warehouse Staff (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJanuary 1, 2015
Princess Auto over all is a safe, fun, team work based environment. I had really enjoyed the period of time i worked for the company. They have always treated their staff and customers well. Great Flexible hours and understanding team Leaders and staff
Pros
great pay, benefits, medical coverage, canadian pension plan
fun work but...
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONDecember 17, 2014
they do not give you proper warnings and fire you for no good proper reason. they have a good pace of work. enjoyable work settings
Overall good place to work
Hydraulic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 16, 2014
I worked at Princess Auto for over 6 years. I did everything you could do at store level at one point or another. Company is great for wanting to advance their people within the stores with the potential to move around the country in high end positions if reached. Tons of training in regards to the products sold. Good co-workers for the most part with the occasional bad apple. You will never get rich working there but great for younger people or those that require flexible scheduling.
Customer satisfaction is the main goal.
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 10, 2014
Princess Auto is one of the best company i have worked with. I learned a lot lot of things including how to deal at international levels.
how to deal with vendors.
co-workers were very helpful.
management working style was excellent.
Pros
they keep their customer satisfied
Cons
as they keep their customer satisfied, expectations keeps increasing.
Great business to work for
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 27, 2014
Everyday their was a meeting with the boss to update on sales and what were the tasks for the day, awesome communication between employees and managers. I left the company to continue education. The pay is great for retail and the benefits are amazing. Consistent on the job training is offered and their is always the opportunities to advance in the company. I would work for them again in a heart beat!
Pros
great benefits, amazing atmosphere, friendly work environment
Cons
only con is its retail so hours aren't fun
Confortable lunch room
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 23, 2014
I really enjoy working at princess auto because I get to learn new things every day as well as get the amount of hours I need as always available to me.