Princess Auto Employee Reviews

Not a company for part-time employees
Guest Services Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 14, 2014
*Great co-workers
*Lack leadership and opportunities for advancement
*Demanded open avaiability then gave you few hours
*Customers were the best
*Promised you the sun, moon and the stars when hiring you then never came thru with anything that was promised (eg training in other areas of the store, amazing profit sharing, benefits)
*Hardest part of the job was knowing that customers were praising your work to management and not getting recognized for your hard work
*Management treated you like you didn't have a brain in your head
*All management is not on the same page. Every manager wants things done their way. Made for a very long day trying to please all of them.
*Not a friendly company to work for if you are trying to work more than one job--they demand all of your time and then give you very little back in return
Pros
freindly co-workers and customers
Cons
demanding all your availability so no time for your kids or family
Good supportive team
Day Receiving Team/Warehouse Receiver (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMarch 7, 2016
I enjoy working part time with such a supportive staff and our customers are generally good natured.
I love the product selection and I have learnt a great deal about the products we carry which allows me to be able to market them to our customers more efficiently.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCApril 12, 2016
The employees and management are great. Accommodating, and great work atmosphere. They are very safety orientated, as well as, knowledgeable in their areas.
Accomadating with schedule
RETAIL SALES/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 11, 2016
I enjoyed the freedom to do your job and make decisions without always having to contacting a manager for approval. Most of the employees get along.
fun
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABFebruary 26, 2016
They are happy go lucky people that work at princess auto its a good place to work. I am a cashier we deal with our guest that need to know were products are and ring them through the till. Hardest part is the different shifts.
Pros
team players
Cons
shifts allway changes
Great work environment all round
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Burnside, NSOctober 3, 2015
Great working environment. Lots of interaction between colleagues and customers alike. Active friendly atmosphere that allowed for the positive atmosphere created by the company culture to shine. It allowed for creative thinking as well as gave simple tasks to allow for a slower pace work day. Always something to do.
Pros
Interactive, creative
Cons
Ccut backs for part time employees
Fast paced retail environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 29, 2014
Performed administrative functions in processing financial transactions and documenting sales
Monitored inventory levels and continually performed adjustments to meet sales supply and demand
Proactive first contact with customers for service or sales and establishment of repeat clientele
Performed all seasonal department purchasing, inventory control and inventory management
Liaised with management in the coordination of product promotions and sales
Assumed the duties and responsibilities of the store manager in his absence
Assisted in the mentoring and training of new staff
Working with Princess Auto is Exciting!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 16, 2012
Princess Auto creates an exciting environment to work in. It is fast paced and challenging at times but offers so many ways to benefit from a hard days work. For starters they offer full benefits which is rare in a retail environment. We have a pension plan, excellent profit sharing quarterly, and Deferred Profit Sharing Plans on top of it all. There is lots of room for advancement. You can be transferred anywhere in Canada as there is a store in practically every province now. With Princess Auto you will always get back what you put into it. If you want to succeed they will help you do it!!
Cons
shift work
Great family atmosphere to work in.
retail sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2016
Princess Auto is a good company to work for, there are plenty of negatives and positives to say about this place. But the biggest lesson that Princess Auto taught me is how they cherish Family.
they pay nothing and want everything
Night Time Inventory Rotation/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2015
Co-workers were great, very fun people. That's about the only good thing about this place, supervisors are power hungry and know less about anything then most of the teenagers that work there, the manager expects far to much out of his minimum wage "team", and dwells upon the most minor of mistakes. Management and supervisors had no power though, at the time a 16 year old ran the tills/customer service desk because the actual supervisor didn't understand how they worked and every body went to the former mentioned for help. Night crew ran the rest of the place, disregarding supervisors and management alike. If there was an issue in the warehouse or on the floor nine times out of ten night crew was who people would go to, it usually got resolved too. unfortunately this meant that if there was any issue at all it was on night crews shoulders. the job itself is actually kind of fun, definitely easy, but it is impossible to make it past the terrible management and the drama they bring to the table.
Pros
Co-workers are great
Cons
power hungry management lacks understanding of management
Very fun place to work, great employees
Warehouse Associate / Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCAugust 11, 2015
It was a really enjoyable place to work with great employees and amazing management staff. Everyone did their jobs, worked hard and enjoyed what they were doing.
Pros
Competent Management Staff, Fun environment
Cons
Messy at times, Warehouse was too small for amount of product sent to us by head office
good place
cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 17, 2016
good place to work, great fun, customers are interesting, flexible, lots to do, get exercise while at work. happy place
productive and a good way to get out of your normal routine
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 13, 2015
my day would have started with me walking around the store and helping guests with what they needed, after that i would see if any shelves were empty or ugly looking and needed to be refilled,then i would go on the computer see when some products are arriving or an products being discontinued. I always had at least one other co-worker in my section. it was always busy around noon so thats when i worked the most.I had to memorize the whole store because customers would always pull you away from you section to the other side of the store i even had to memorize certain products for later reference had gotten so good at my job that when customers asked for prices on products i knew most of them.
Pros
%20 off on all items free gym membership
Cons
alot of standing and wearing steel toes sometimes gave blisters
Had the Potential to be a Great Place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgery, ABApril 7, 2015
Princess Auto has a lot of great workers, but the management never recognizes this and never appreciates their hard work. Often they will have two or three people scheduled on a busy weekend while they sit and "hide" in the back office where they can do nothing. Furthermore, workers who were far superior in knowledge and experience were never given a break or pat on the back for their excellent work. Sadly, the management would usually gossip and badmouth about said workers which brought the morale down. In short.... Princess Auto had the potential to be so much more.
Pros
good coworkers, and a steady work pace
Cons
poor management
no respect for employees!!!!
floor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 29, 2013
I was hired at PA in Red Deer just after my dad passed away. Like maybe a week. So I during my training I needed a day off to go to the lawyers and get stuff signed up. And I also had an absessed tooth which needed an emergency root canal because my face was swollen. I brought in a medical note for missing that day. I was let go today because I was a half hour late for work due to a cab being 20 minutes late so I ended up calling a different cab company! The store leader is not a leader! They knew prior to hiring me that my dad passed away!!!! And I had a medical note for missing work!!! The store leader needs a lesson in working with people!!!! Instead she has some Mickey Mouse course called women in steel toes! Really?????? Wow!!!' why does princess auto hire idiots like this! Especially to do a job that she isn't qualified to do!!!! Red Deer needs an over haul in management!! And I have overseen such dis organization of product in my life!!!! Like products apparently do NOT go with like products in RedDeer!!!!! I will be calling the regional manager and giving him an update of the store!!! Red Deer is awful and I was warned by 2 different people not to work there!!!!' I DO NOT suggest to anyone to work there!!!!!!
benefits
Cons
management is terrible!!!!!!
good people
Hydraulics team member and consaltant (Current Employee) –  KitchenerSeptember 9, 2015
management issues
good profit sharing
awesome team members
very strong guest service return policy
every second weekend off scheduel
Crazy busy workplace
Inventory auditor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener OntarioJuly 15, 2015
I am pulled in every which way at this company because of lack of personal on the floor. Co-workers are generally great people and work way too much for the pay. I'm the inventory auditor but thats barely scraping the surface for what I do in a day.
Pros
profit sharing and benefits
Cons
lack of employees and leadership
Great place to meet people
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKNovember 28, 2015
Learned a lot about working in a retail store, from selling to returning products, how to set up floor display. Worst thing was dealing with angry customers
Pros
Stafff were always happy and willing to herlp
Cons
Shift work
Enjoyable workplace environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 9, 2015
Hardest part of this job was waking up before the sun came up, and being there for 5AM to stock shelves running on lots of caffeine. I loved working here, because it was convenient for getting off early and still seeing sunshine.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
The pay
okay place to work if your looking for something temporary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJune 25, 2015
If you cant take a shift they get upset even if they ask you on your day off.

If your sick and you bring a doctors note all the time they still get upset.

The older people who work there need to retire ASAP... they're always cranky

Management is pretty unreliable

So if you need a job asap. try applying they hire anyone !

2.8