Princess Auto Employee Reviews in Canada

Great work experience
Cashier/ Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 23, 2015
Usually a flexible day. I learned a lot about certain products our stores were selling. Management are pretty straight forward and are helpful. Co-workers were great at team work and a lot of support when needing help.Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the customers coming through.The most enjoyable part of the job are the Christmas dinners Learned a lot about customer service and cashier and time work! overall great Experience.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Not enough Hours
Enjoyable workplace environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 9, 2015
Hardest part of this job was waking up before the sun came up, and being there for 5AM to stock shelves running on lots of caffeine. I loved working here, because it was convenient for getting off early and still seeing sunshine.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
The pay
A great summer job
Team Member and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 20, 2015
This is the ideal summer job. It's a great environment to spend the hot summer days working. You get the opportunity to interact with new clients everyday.

The downfall with Princess Auto is that, as you are just a part-time employee, you are not really treated as much of an asset.
good team
sales and cash team member (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCOctober 13, 2015
Princess auto has a great team to work with. I would only work there again for the team members and team leaders. loved my team and still stay in contact
Great work environment all round
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Burnside, NSOctober 3, 2015
Great working environment. Lots of interaction between colleagues and customers alike. Active friendly atmosphere that allowed for the positive atmosphere created by the company culture to shine. It allowed for creative thinking as well as gave simple tasks to allow for a slower pace work day. Always something to do.
Pros
Interactive, creative
Cons
Ccut backs for part time employees
Fun team willing to get work done to increase sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 24, 2015
princess auto is a good place to work at what we do is sales so we greet and show customers to product what i have learned with working at princess auto is the vast majority of tools and how to use them
good people
Hydraulics team member and consaltant (Current Employee) –  KitchenerSeptember 9, 2015
management issues
good profit sharing
awesome team members
very strong guest service return policy
every second weekend off scheduel
Not so much a good place to work any more.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 27, 2015
most of the staff were great to work with, management changed and the staff morale dropped quickly.First 6 years were great, they cared about their staff, but things changed. Not sure if changes were from head office or in store management. They had great benefits and profit sharing. This used to be a great place to work, but not so much any more. I quit in December, and do not regret it.
productive and a good way to get out of your normal routine
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 13, 2015
my day would have started with me walking around the store and helping guests with what they needed, after that i would see if any shelves were empty or ugly looking and needed to be refilled,then i would go on the computer see when some products are arriving or an products being discontinued. I always had at least one other co-worker in my section. it was always busy around noon so thats when i worked the most.I had to memorize the whole store because customers would always pull you away from you section to the other side of the store i even had to memorize certain products for later reference had gotten so good at my job that when customers asked for prices on products i knew most of them.
Pros
%20 off on all items free gym membership
Cons
alot of standing and wearing steel toes sometimes gave blisters
Very fun place to work, great employees
Warehouse Associate / Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCAugust 11, 2015
It was a really enjoyable place to work with great employees and amazing management staff. Everyone did their jobs, worked hard and enjoyed what they were doing.
Pros
Competent Management Staff, Fun environment
Cons
Messy at times, Warehouse was too small for amount of product sent to us by head office
Crazy busy workplace
Inventory auditor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener OntarioJuly 15, 2015
I am pulled in every which way at this company because of lack of personal on the floor. Co-workers are generally great people and work way too much for the pay. I'm the inventory auditor but thats barely scraping the surface for what I do in a day.
Pros
profit sharing and benefits
Cons
lack of employees and leadership
PT cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJuly 4, 2015
Great place to work! Amazing team members and team-leaders...Always helpful when I have doubts or confusion. Equal opportunity employer. Fun place
Pros
Company discount, flexible schedule
Cons
Too much standing
Educational and a Spontaneous Work environment
Hydraulic Technician (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJune 25, 2015
Each day is a busy one faced with new challenges. Its a very busy work environment. The hardest thing about the job is its step learning curve. Being aware of all the products PAuto sells and their locations in the store.
Pros
Learning new things everyday
Cons
none to speak of.
okay place to work if your looking for something temporary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJune 25, 2015
If you cant take a shift they get upset even if they ask you on your day off.

If your sick and you bring a doctors note all the time they still get upset.

The older people who work there need to retire ASAP... they're always cranky

Management is pretty unreliable

So if you need a job asap. try applying they hire anyone !
they pay nothing and want everything
Night Time Inventory Rotation/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2015
Co-workers were great, very fun people. That's about the only good thing about this place, supervisors are power hungry and know less about anything then most of the teenagers that work there, the manager expects far to much out of his minimum wage "team", and dwells upon the most minor of mistakes. Management and supervisors had no power though, at the time a 16 year old ran the tills/customer service desk because the actual supervisor didn't understand how they worked and every body went to the former mentioned for help. Night crew ran the rest of the place, disregarding supervisors and management alike. If there was an issue in the warehouse or on the floor nine times out of ten night crew was who people would go to, it usually got resolved too. unfortunately this meant that if there was any issue at all it was on night crews shoulders. the job itself is actually kind of fun, definitely easy, but it is impossible to make it past the terrible management and the drama they bring to the table.
Pros
Co-workers are great
Cons
power hungry management lacks understanding of management
Productive and fun workplace
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 20, 2015
I enjoyed working here but I would like to switch back to a normal day schedule. I got along with my co-workers and enjoyed the atmosphere.
great work
Greeting, merchandising & cashing (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 21, 2015
i will be helping customers, with everyday projects and needs. worked in different parts of the store. such as, air and power, garden, and more.
Tasks
Night shift NRT (Current Employee) –  1455 McCowan Rd, Toronto, ON M1S 5K7April 22, 2015
We would stock shelves, unload the trucks, make sure the store is spotless before first shift starts, assist customers and leave them satisfied. My coworkers were good but talkative and needed reminders to get back on task. Hardest part of the job is the night shift and the most enjoyable is the environment.
Had the Potential to be a Great Place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgery, ABApril 7, 2015
Princess Auto has a lot of great workers, but the management never recognizes this and never appreciates their hard work. Often they will have two or three people scheduled on a busy weekend while they sit and "hide" in the back office where they can do nothing. Furthermore, workers who were far superior in knowledge and experience were never given a break or pat on the back for their excellent work. Sadly, the management would usually gossip and badmouth about said workers which brought the morale down. In short.... Princess Auto had the potential to be so much more.
Pros
good coworkers, and a steady work pace
Cons
poor management
Great Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 6, 2015
At princess Auto I started as a trailer reciever. After about 2 months i started working as an sales associate. I loved my co workers because everyone was so respectful and helpful.

2.9