Princess Auto Employee Reviews

A Workplace with Great Coworkers, but Harsh Expectations.
Night Receiver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 July 2017
Princess Auto is great if you like meeting new people and creating new friendships. The team there is wonderful and friendly. But when compared to most retail jobs, the level of expectations and required hard work is much much higher. New team members are thrown to the wolves with little to no training and are expected to perform at the same level as somebody who has been working there for a few years. Having expectations is totally okay, but if you don't know what the expectations are then how are you supposed to do your job well?
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Bad Leadership
Good team member enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 July 2017
Working with fellow team members is fun, majority are very nice and helpful, expected to do alot of different jobs on the day to day basis, always something new!
Run away
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC4 July 2017
If the feeling at home office in Winnipeg extended to retail stores, this would be a great place to work.Very poor upper management.Lots of favoritism overlooking seasoned employees.Bullying abusive store manager
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Little pay for what you are expected to know
fun work place
Merchandiser and sales representive (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON26 June 2017
at princess auto a typical day is busy with lots to do but it is made fun by the fellow employees i accomplished a lot working here and gained a powerful work ethic.
Pros
good hours
Cons
very busy a times
Typical retail environment with good benefits
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 June 2017
A typical work day will involve helping customers locate items and make purchasing decisions. When not with a customer you will often be stocking shelves and cleaning the store.
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 June 2017
Very caring fun fast paced work place always the ability to learn about new procedures and policies customers and staff are great to be with and around
Pros
Discounts
Productive Working Environment
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 June 2017
Great management with a friendly and productive workplace. A typical day at work would consist of aiding customers, keeping aisles clean, and checking for returns.I learned how to effectively communicate and work in groups, and how to assist customers. The hardest part was getting used to product information from every department. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with in small groups to complete a task such as restocking or putting back returns and helping customers.
good company
hydraulic salesTeam member (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB7 June 2017
good company in general. Low wages to start depending which province you work in advancement depends on the store leader. they have profit sharing quarterly which is a nice bonus. Princess auto also does training in store as well as at home office, the training is a really good experience. Home office is great to deal with. Great health benefits for full time team members.
Pros
profit sharing, great training, great health benifits for full time team members
Cons
low wages as well as wage caps
Great place to work! Learned much in my time at Princess Auto.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB2 June 2017
One of the most enjoyable parts of working for Princess Auto was the ability to freely work with customers without trying to earn commissions. The small store and great team environment allowed me to learn a great deal about every product we sold, providing me with a valuable knowledge base which has helped me time and time again. Princess Auto is heavily team-oriented which creates a fun working atmosphere which improves productivity overall.
ok place
Front End Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE30 May 2017
went to work there with my shoulder broken in two places and taking pain meds. The new young boy who was the manager didn't see me as a good fit. Seemed to be geared to a younger crowd
Pros
staff disounts
Cons
Bad management team
Good coworkes bad managment
Hydraulic Technician (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB29 May 2017
Coworkers were great to work with.

Mangament was a joke.
Promises of wage increaces after additional training never filled
Changeing shifts after the schedule was sent out with asking
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Managment
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 May 2017
The job is fun, co workers are great! Opportunity for advancement is always available. I have learned more than I imagined at this job in many ways.
Pros
Learning experiences are endless
Cons
wages could be better, but benefits make up for it.
great job, great people
Forklift Operator/Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 May 2017
Operated the Forklift machine, loaded and unloaded trucks, stacked and unstacked warehouse palettes, helped people who picked stack their palettes together. Operated the scan-gun machine, was driving the double palette jack at first than upgraded to forklifting.
Pros
great job, great ambiance
Cons
short shifts 4hrs per day
management was aweful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 May 2017
Very unpleasant experience. Management was aweful. Made me very unhappy because of management, very unprofessional, was harassed. Benefits were great.
Pros
work place
Cons
management environment
Sales Represntative
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SALES REPRESENTIVE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2017
I really enjoyed working at Princess Auto. I was a sales Representative which meant I had my own section of the store that I specifically took care of and had knowledge about. I learnt a lot about different trades and what tools are needed for them. My management was wonderful, specifically because the company is passionate on working as a team. I couldn't say my job had anything really hard about it but i did leave because I was a new mother and at the time that was hard but the managment was very undrstanding about my situation. Getting to talk to new people and make new relationships, as well as the pay check would be my most enjoyable part of the job.
Bad Management
TLT (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB1 May 2017
The management here was also more interested in friendships and talking about very personal things at staff or management meetings. They seemed more interested in partying than customer service.
Good fun environment
Part-time Sales and Cash Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2017
Overall its an okay place to work. In my opinion, the management could be severely improved. There are many good people working for the company that get under appreciated. However, it is a good place to work when starting out. The benefits are good.
Fun company.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK25 April 2017
Opportunities for advancement and paid training. Pay is very reasonable and there is profit sharing. Management is very understanding and willing to work with you to ensure a good work and life balance. The team is just that, a team.
Great place but no room for growth
Team memebr (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 April 2017
Great company to enjoy working for if you don't plan on advancing.
You must already have the skill sets there looking for to advance, past accomplishments and years of service mean nothing and they won't train on they job you must already be trained for the job.
The team members are great friendly and make the work day enjoyable and our customers are fantastic and friendly.
Every other weekend off
Pros
Team memebers and customers
Cons
Very little room for advancements
It could have been better
Sales Associate and Night Receiver, Whitby (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON5 April 2017
It was poorly managed and there was too much drama going on. I only worked there to make money while i was in school. I had good hours but wasn't worth it with all the stuff going on.
Pros
money
Cons
drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Princess Auto. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8