Princess Auto

Princess Auto Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
funplace
Order Picker (Former Employee), Milton, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor management
lack of professional leadership. very low team member moral. My concerns were not addressed thus my moral went down and I started loosing focus on my work.
Great family atmosphere to work in.
retail sales (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2016
Princess Auto is a good company to work for, there are plenty of negatives and positives to say about this place. But the biggest lesson that Princess Auto taught me is how they cherish Family.
good place
cashier (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 17, 2016
good place to work, great fun, customers are interesting, flexible, lots to do, get exercise while at work. happy place
Fun place to work
Sales (Current Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 4, 2016
Very nice co-workers
very fun and easy going place to work
Half decent pay
Good management
Hardest part is getting yelled at by customers
Most enjoyable part is helping others
Interesting workplace that has a unique customer base.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 2, 2016
Cons: Magagement
Great *Team Member staff [except the a couple part-time workers], very helpful for anything you need in the store, they go above and beyond for the customers/guests that they service! But get treated terribly and get no respect from the clueless in-store management. There is next to no room for advancement, you can move up from Team Member to Team Leader{Manager] but that take quite a while like everything else in the company. The extra dollar or so an hour isn't worth the stress and hate received either. After that there is next to no advancement. I've come to notice that management in-store is veryyy good at holding any sort of grudge against you and usually will result in bullying to some extent. Also, they hire at the perfect time for them, every 3 months or so right around [not sure if it's before or after] profit sharing to ensure you don't receive full amount or any after being told you'll receive a nice amount. Hope this has helped!
Royal Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 2, 2016
Pros: free lunches, slightly higher pay, paid steel toes
Cons: no communication, lack of respect from management
It's a great company by far, their original morals are strong and are Canadian made. But Princess Auto is only great when you're a customer.
We are pushed with multiple tasks and projects with too little time.
If you ask for more hours, your current hours are cut in half
there is no respect towards employees
no communication between management
rare to go from part time to full time (regardless of availability and work ethic)
we can be sworn and abused by customers, but it's always our fault in the end.

The company overall is only out to make the customers happy. they need to focus on the people helping make heir customers happy.
Stupid company to work for.
NRT (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 17, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Horrible management, poor training, poor advancement decisions and promotions.
Completely run by people who don't know what they are doing. Advancement offers to staff who have barely been over staff who have years. Cators to high school kids and don't give consequences for actions ie. Not answering phones that have been ringing for over 10 mins, poor training, management changing their schedules constantly.

Promises to fix problems within the store to have them fall through or forgotten, some staff aren't relieable.

Profit sharing isn't worth it for the amount of stress put on certain team members.
Great place to meet people
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Regina, SKNovember 28, 2015
Pros: Stafff were always happy and willing to herlp
Cons: Shift work
Learned a lot about working in a retail store, from selling to returning products, how to set up floor display. Worst thing was dealing with angry customers
Great work experience
Cashier/ Sales associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 23, 2015
Pros: Lunch
Cons: Not enough Hours
Usually a flexible day. I learned a lot about certain products our stores were selling. Management are pretty straight forward and are helpful. Co-workers were great at team work and a lot of support when needing help.Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the customers coming through.The most enjoyable part of the job are the Christmas dinners Learned a lot about customer service and cashier and time work! overall great Experience.
Enjoyable workplace environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 9, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: The pay
Hardest part of this job was waking up before the sun came up, and being there for 5AM to stock shelves running on lots of caffeine. I loved working here, because it was convenient for getting off early and still seeing sunshine.
A great summer job
Team Member and Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 20, 2015
This is the ideal summer job. It's a great environment to spend the hot summer days working. You get the opportunity to interact with new clients everyday.

The downfall with Princess Auto is that, as you are just a part-time employee, you are not really treated as much of an asset.
good team
sales and cash team member (Former Employee), Langley, BCOctober 13, 2015
Princess auto has a great team to work with. I would only work there again for the team members and team leaders. loved my team and still stay in contact
Great work environment all round
Sales Team Member (Former Employee), Burnside, NSOctober 3, 2015
Pros: Interactive, creative
Cons: Ccut backs for part time employees
Great working environment. Lots of interaction between colleagues and customers alike. Active friendly atmosphere that allowed for the positive atmosphere created by the company culture to shine. It allowed for creative thinking as well as gave simple tasks to allow for a slower pace work day. Always something to do.
Fun team willing to get work done to increase sales
Sales (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 24, 2015
princess auto is a good place to work at what we do is sales so we greet and show customers to product what i have learned with working at princess auto is the vast majority of tools and how to use them
good people
Hydraulics team member and consaltant (Current Employee), KitchenerSeptember 9, 2015
management issues
good profit sharing
awesome team members
very strong guest service return policy
every second weekend off scheduel
Not so much a good place to work any more.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONAugust 27, 2015
most of the staff were great to work with, management changed and the staff morale dropped quickly.First 6 years were great, they cared about their staff, but things changed. Not sure if changes were from head office or in store management. They had great benefits and profit sharing. This used to be a great place to work, but not so much any more. I quit in December, and do not regret it.
productive and a good way to get out of your normal routine
sales associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 13, 2015
Pros: %20 off on all items free gym membership
Cons: alot of standing and wearing steel toes sometimes gave blisters
my day would have started with me walking around the store and helping guests with what they needed, after that i would see if any shelves were empty or ugly looking and needed to be refilled,then i would go on the computer see when some products are arriving or an products being discontinued. I always had at least one other co-worker in my section. it was always busy around noon so thats when i worked the most.I had to memorize the whole store because customers would always pull you away from you section to the other side of the store i even had to memorize certain products for later reference had gotten so good at my job that when customers asked for prices on products i knew most of them.
Very fun place to work, great employees
Warehouse Associate / Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Competent Management Staff, Fun environment
Cons: Messy at times, Warehouse was too small for amount of product sent to us by head office
It was a really enjoyable place to work with great employees and amazing management staff. Everyone did their jobs, worked hard and enjoyed what they were doing.
Crazy busy workplace
Inventory auditor (Current Employee), Kitchener OntarioJuly 15, 2015
Pros: profit sharing and benefits
Cons: lack of employees and leadership
I am pulled in every which way at this company because of lack of personal on the floor. Co-workers are generally great people and work way too much for the pay. I'm the inventory auditor but thats barely scraping the surface for what I do in a day.
PT cashier (Current Employee), Regina, SKJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Company discount, flexible schedule
Cons: Too much standing
Great place to work! Amazing team members and team-leaders...Always helpful when I have doubts or confusion. Equal opportunity employer. Fun place