Princess Auto Employee Reviews in Canada

funplace
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJanuary 22, 2016
lack of professional leadership. very low team member moral. My concerns were not addressed thus my moral went down and I started loosing focus on my work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management
Interesting workplace that has a unique customer base.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 2, 2016
Great *Team Member staff [except the a couple part-time workers], very helpful for anything you need in the store, they go above and beyond for the customers/guests that they service! But get treated terribly and get no respect from the clueless in-store management. There is next to no room for advancement, you can move up from Team Member to Team Leader{Manager] but that take quite a while like everything else in the company. The extra dollar or so an hour isn't worth the stress and hate received either. After that there is next to no advancement. I've come to notice that management in-store is veryyy good at holding any sort of grudge against you and usually will result in bullying to some extent. Also, they hire at the perfect time for them, every 3 months or so right around [not sure if it's before or after] profit sharing to ensure you don't receive full amount or any after being told you'll receive a nice amount. Hope this has helped!
Cons
Magagement
Not so much a good place to work any more.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 27, 2015
most of the staff were great to work with, management changed and the staff morale dropped quickly.First 6 years were great, they cared about their staff, but things changed. Not sure if changes were from head office or in store management. They had great benefits and profit sharing. This used to be a great place to work, but not so much any more. I quit in December, and do not regret it.
Stupid company to work for.
NRT (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 17, 2015
Completely run by people who don't know what they are doing. Advancement offers to staff who have barely been over staff who have years. Cators to high school kids and don't give consequences for actions ie. Not answering phones that have been ringing for over 10 mins, poor training, management changing their schedules constantly.

Promises to fix problems within the store to have them fall through or forgotten, some staff aren't relieable.

Profit sharing isn't worth it for the amount of stress put on certain team members.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, poor training, poor advancement decisions and promotions.
High Energy and Customer Orientated
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 5, 2016
A typical day included interactions between myself and customers, maintaining a designated section of the store via stocking shelves, ensuring pricing is accurate, and cleanness of section. Always had something to do and every day was something new to look forward to. Management was always available to assist in any major issues, and worked along side employees to see that tasks were complete by company standards when required. Most enjoyable part of the job was the professional, yet almost family-like, environment in which everyone helped each other and came together as a team.
Pros
High Activity, Customer Interactions, Teamwork Environment
Cons
Low amount of work hours provided
Royal Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 2, 2016
It's a great company by far, their original morals are strong and are Canadian made. But Princess Auto is only great when you're a customer.
We are pushed with multiple tasks and projects with too little time.
If you ask for more hours, your current hours are cut in half
there is no respect towards employees
no communication between management
rare to go from part time to full time (regardless of availability and work ethic)
we can be sworn and abused by customers, but it's always our fault in the end.

The company overall is only out to make the customers happy. they need to focus on the people helping make heir customers happy.
Pros
free lunches, slightly higher pay, paid steel toes
Cons
no communication, lack of respect from management
Fun Workplace
Asst. Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABMay 22, 2016
the typical day at work is helping customer all the time I've learned how to manage my areas and responsibility the management are always willing to help on the people who needs help my co-worker is really helpful when it comes to the customer or staff who is in need and the hardest part of my job is to handle some rude customer or a complain but i can still manage to deal with them and the most enjoyable part is helping customer.
Crazy busy workplace
Inventory auditor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener OntarioJuly 15, 2015
I am pulled in every which way at this company because of lack of personal on the floor. Co-workers are generally great people and work way too much for the pay. I'm the inventory auditor but thats barely scraping the surface for what I do in a day.
Pros
profit sharing and benefits
Cons
lack of employees and leadership
Horrible management
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 30, 2016
Princess auto is a decent place to work only for the paycheque. The leaders are useless constantly pushing stress and unwanted pressure down your throat and expect you to do fine. Not worth the headache. Great people to work with build long lasting friendships with your co-workers and customers.
Pros
Free lunches
fun workplace with great people and ROYAL Service
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJuly 4, 2016
working at Princess Auto is a great experience. I learn so much every day and work with a great group of people who care about the customer's satisfaction and providing a royal customer service to every individual who comes through our store
Excellent Job Culture and Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 3, 2016
PAL is one of the best companies to work with. Although its a Family owned business, but the culture is no less than a corporate house.

Lots to Learn and Excellent place to work.
Pros
Lots to Learn
Cons
Rotating Shifts
Princess Auto is fun
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  KingstonJune 27, 2016
Fun place to work at. Everyone is very nice and there is a lot of training you get to accomplish. Tools to machinery! Always recommend this job to someone looking for fun part time!
Pros
HAPPY hard working place
Cons
Not enough hours
Good Starter Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 28, 2016
Working at Princess Auto I have gained valuable skills which will stay with me through my professional career. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting customers and making lasting connections with the community.
Ok place to work
night receiver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 26, 2016
Princess auto is OK. Culture $ driven and productivity you are a hindrence if you are not a constant overachiever. If you just let it slide and do your job you will be Ok.
Pros
time of if given 2 weeks notice.
Cons
Job description seems to be a moving target. Turnover rate is high.
Great work experience
Cashier/ Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 23, 2015
Usually a flexible day. I learned a lot about certain products our stores were selling. Management are pretty straight forward and are helpful. Co-workers were great at team work and a lot of support when needing help.Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the customers coming through.The most enjoyable part of the job are the Christmas dinners Learned a lot about customer service and cashier and time work! overall great Experience.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Not enough Hours
Good supportive team
Day Receiving Team/Warehouse Receiver (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMarch 7, 2016
I enjoy working part time with such a supportive staff and our customers are generally good natured.
I love the product selection and I have learnt a great deal about the products we carry which allows me to be able to market them to our customers more efficiently.
Not a company for part-time employees
Guest Services Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 14, 2014
*Great co-workers
*Lack leadership and opportunities for advancement
*Demanded open avaiability then gave you few hours
*Customers were the best
*Promised you the sun, moon and the stars when hiring you then never came thru with anything that was promised (eg training in other areas of the store, amazing profit sharing, benefits)
*Hardest part of the job was knowing that customers were praising your work to management and not getting recognized for your hard work
*Management treated you like you didn't have a brain in your head
*All management is not on the same page. Every manager wants things done their way. Made for a very long day trying to please all of them.
*Not a friendly company to work for if you are trying to work more than one job--they demand all of your time and then give you very little back in return
Pros
freindly co-workers and customers
Cons
demanding all your availability so no time for your kids or family
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCApril 12, 2016
The employees and management are great. Accommodating, and great work atmosphere. They are very safety orientated, as well as, knowledgeable in their areas.
Accomadating with schedule
RETAIL SALES/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 11, 2016
I enjoyed the freedom to do your job and make decisions without always having to contacting a manager for approval. Most of the employees get along.
fun
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABFebruary 26, 2016
They are happy go lucky people that work at princess auto its a good place to work. I am a cashier we deal with our guest that need to know were products are and ring them through the till. Hardest part is the different shifts.
Pros
team players
Cons
shifts allway changes

2.9