Princess Auto Employee Reviews in Canada

think before you take this job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  caalgaryAugust 19, 2016
who nuts enough to take a night job for $13 an hr come on really guys who's that desperate try 20 to 22 hr people start asking for what one is worth.
taking jobs at this rate will only make company's offer this kind of pay STOP
Unfair Place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 15, 2016
Working there is unfair. They let people steal money and get away with it yet someone who works hard and makes a mistake honestly is fired and told they are no longer wanted. They are so unfair to the hard working person. If you don't do your work and you can do alot there and nothing will happen to you.Note don;t be hardworking they won't recognize you. They will recognize your lack of work and give you praise for it. Be warned going in there. Watch your back closely. Was there for 4 years and have seen alot.
Pros
Cons
Hard workers will get let go.
Fun and safe workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 9, 2016
great opportunity to experience giving royal service to different kinds of people,. It was at the same time learning process on my part to especially know their selling product and their different uses.
Pros
great bebefits
Cons
short shifts
Retail Experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 18, 2016
I've worked for this company for 2 years. They teach you skills that are essential in retail. They work around students schedules and offer full time to team members who work hard enough which is excellent.

How ever management has been a big change. Sales seem to be more important. Overall I think this change is slow.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Lots of pressure to meet the ideal sales goals
fun workplace with great people and ROYAL Service
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJuly 4, 2016
working at Princess Auto is a great experience. I learn so much every day and work with a great group of people who care about the customer's satisfaction and providing a royal customer service to every individual who comes through our store
Excellent Job Culture and Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 3, 2016
PAL is one of the best companies to work with. Although its a Family owned business, but the culture is no less than a corporate house.

Lots to Learn and Excellent place to work.
Pros
Lots to Learn
Cons
Rotating Shifts
Horrible management
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 30, 2016
Princess auto is a decent place to work only for the paycheque. The leaders are useless constantly pushing stress and unwanted pressure down your throat and expect you to do fine. Not worth the headache. Great people to work with build long lasting friendships with your co-workers and customers.
Pros
Free lunches
Princess Auto is fun
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  KingstonJune 27, 2016
Fun place to work at. Everyone is very nice and there is a lot of training you get to accomplish. Tools to machinery! Always recommend this job to someone looking for fun part time!
Pros
HAPPY hard working place
Cons
Not enough hours
Good Starter Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 28, 2016
Working at Princess Auto I have gained valuable skills which will stay with me through my professional career. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting customers and making lasting connections with the community.
Fun Workplace
Asst. Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABMay 22, 2016
the typical day at work is helping customer all the time I've learned how to manage my areas and responsibility the management are always willing to help on the people who needs help my co-worker is really helpful when it comes to the customer or staff who is in need and the hardest part of my job is to handle some rude customer or a complain but i can still manage to deal with them and the most enjoyable part is helping customer.
High Energy and Customer Orientated
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 5, 2016
A typical day included interactions between myself and customers, maintaining a designated section of the store via stocking shelves, ensuring pricing is accurate, and cleanness of section. Always had something to do and every day was something new to look forward to. Management was always available to assist in any major issues, and worked along side employees to see that tasks were complete by company standards when required. Most enjoyable part of the job was the professional, yet almost family-like, environment in which everyone helped each other and came together as a team.
Pros
High Activity, Customer Interactions, Teamwork Environment
Cons
Low amount of work hours provided
Ok place to work
night receiver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 26, 2016
Princess auto is OK. Culture $ driven and productivity you are a hindrence if you are not a constant overachiever. If you just let it slide and do your job you will be Ok.
Pros
time of if given 2 weeks notice.
Cons
Job description seems to be a moving target. Turnover rate is high.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCApril 12, 2016
The employees and management are great. Accommodating, and great work atmosphere. They are very safety orientated, as well as, knowledgeable in their areas.
Accomadating with schedule
RETAIL SALES/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 11, 2016
I enjoyed the freedom to do your job and make decisions without always having to contacting a manager for approval. Most of the employees get along.
Good supportive team
Day Receiving Team/Warehouse Receiver (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMarch 7, 2016
I enjoy working part time with such a supportive staff and our customers are generally good natured.
I love the product selection and I have learnt a great deal about the products we carry which allows me to be able to market them to our customers more efficiently.
fun
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABFebruary 26, 2016
They are happy go lucky people that work at princess auto its a good place to work. I am a cashier we deal with our guest that need to know were products are and ring them through the till. Hardest part is the different shifts.
Pros
team players
Cons
shifts allway changes
funplace
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJanuary 22, 2016
lack of professional leadership. very low team member moral. My concerns were not addressed thus my moral went down and I started loosing focus on my work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management
Great family atmosphere to work in.
retail sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2016
Princess Auto is a good company to work for, there are plenty of negatives and positives to say about this place. But the biggest lesson that Princess Auto taught me is how they cherish Family.
good place
cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 17, 2016
good place to work, great fun, customers are interesting, flexible, lots to do, get exercise while at work. happy place
Fun place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBJanuary 4, 2016
Very nice co-workers
very fun and easy going place to work
Half decent pay
Good management
Hardest part is getting yelled at by customers
Most enjoyable part is helping others

2.8