Princess Auto Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun Workplace
Asst. Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABMay 22, 2016
the typical day at work is helping customer all the time I've learned how to manage my areas and responsibility the management are always willing to help on the people who needs help my co-worker is really helpful when it comes to the customer or staff who is in need and the hardest part of my job is to handle some rude customer or a complain but i can still manage to deal with them and the most enjoyable part is helping customer.
High Energy and Customer Orientated
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMay 5, 2016
A typical day included interactions between myself and customers, maintaining a designated section of the store via stocking shelves, ensuring pricing is accurate, and cleanness of section. Always had something to do and every day was something new to look forward to. Management was always available to assist in any major issues, and worked along side employees to see that tasks were complete by company standards when required. Most enjoyable part of the job was the professional, yet almost family-like, environment in which everyone helped each other and came together as a team.
Pros
High Activity, Customer Interactions, Teamwork Environment
Cons
Low amount of work hours provided
Ok place to work
night receiver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 26, 2016
Princess auto is OK. Culture $ driven and productivity you are a hindrence if you are not a constant overachiever. If you just let it slide and do your job you will be Ok.
Pros
time of if given 2 weeks notice.
Cons
Job description seems to be a moving target. Turnover rate is high.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCApril 12, 2016
The employees and management are great. Accommodating, and great work atmosphere. They are very safety orientated, as well as, knowledgeable in their areas.
Accomadating with schedule
RETAIL SALES/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 11, 2016
I enjoyed the freedom to do your job and make decisions without always having to contacting a manager for approval. Most of the employees get along.
Good supportive team
Day Receiving Team/Warehouse Receiver (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMarch 7, 2016
I enjoy working part time with such a supportive staff and our customers are generally good natured.
I love the product selection and I have learnt a great deal about the products we carry which allows me to be able to market them to our customers more efficiently.
fun
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABFebruary 26, 2016
They are happy go lucky people that work at princess auto its a good place to work. I am a cashier we deal with our guest that need to know were products are and ring them through the till. Hardest part is the different shifts.
Pros
team players
Cons
shifts allway changes
Great work setting
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 6, 2016
Great place to work for and the leadership team takes their team members ideas and perspectives seriously. They teach you a lot of skills needed in retail regardless of position.
Pros
great benefits, paid meetings, closed door policy
Cons
not enough hours for part timers
funplace
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJanuary 22, 2016
lack of professional leadership. very low team member moral. My concerns were not addressed thus my moral went down and I started loosing focus on my work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management
Great family atmosphere to work in.
retail sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2016
Princess Auto is a good company to work for, there are plenty of negatives and positives to say about this place. But the biggest lesson that Princess Auto taught me is how they cherish Family.
good place
cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 17, 2016
good place to work, great fun, customers are interesting, flexible, lots to do, get exercise while at work. happy place
Fun place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBJanuary 4, 2016
Very nice co-workers
very fun and easy going place to work
Half decent pay
Good management
Hardest part is getting yelled at by customers
Most enjoyable part is helping others
Interesting workplace that has a unique customer base.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 2, 2016
Great *Team Member staff [except the a couple part-time workers], very helpful for anything you need in the store, they go above and beyond for the customers/guests that they service! But get treated terribly and get no respect from the clueless in-store management. There is next to no room for advancement, you can move up from Team Member to Team Leader{Manager] but that take quite a while like everything else in the company. The extra dollar or so an hour isn't worth the stress and hate received either. After that there is next to no advancement. I've come to notice that management in-store is veryyy good at holding any sort of grudge against you and usually will result in bullying to some extent. Also, they hire at the perfect time for them, every 3 months or so right around [not sure if it's before or after] profit sharing to ensure you don't receive full amount or any after being told you'll receive a nice amount. Hope this has helped!
Cons
Magagement
Royal Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 2, 2016
It's a great company by far, their original morals are strong and are Canadian made. But Princess Auto is only great when you're a customer.
We are pushed with multiple tasks and projects with too little time.
If you ask for more hours, your current hours are cut in half
there is no respect towards employees
no communication between management
rare to go from part time to full time (regardless of availability and work ethic)
we can be sworn and abused by customers, but it's always our fault in the end.

The company overall is only out to make the customers happy. they need to focus on the people helping make heir customers happy.
Pros
free lunches, slightly higher pay, paid steel toes
Cons
no communication, lack of respect from management
Stupid company to work for.
NRT (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 17, 2015
Completely run by people who don't know what they are doing. Advancement offers to staff who have barely been over staff who have years. Cators to high school kids and don't give consequences for actions ie. Not answering phones that have been ringing for over 10 mins, poor training, management changing their schedules constantly.

Promises to fix problems within the store to have them fall through or forgotten, some staff aren't relieable.

Profit sharing isn't worth it for the amount of stress put on certain team members.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, poor training, poor advancement decisions and promotions.
Great place to meet people
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKNovember 28, 2015
Learned a lot about working in a retail store, from selling to returning products, how to set up floor display. Worst thing was dealing with angry customers
Pros
Stafff were always happy and willing to herlp
Cons
Shift work
Great work experience
Cashier/ Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 23, 2015
Usually a flexible day. I learned a lot about certain products our stores were selling. Management are pretty straight forward and are helpful. Co-workers were great at team work and a lot of support when needing help.Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the customers coming through.The most enjoyable part of the job are the Christmas dinners Learned a lot about customer service and cashier and time work! overall great Experience.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Not enough Hours
Enjoyable workplace environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 9, 2015
Hardest part of this job was waking up before the sun came up, and being there for 5AM to stock shelves running on lots of caffeine. I loved working here, because it was convenient for getting off early and still seeing sunshine.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
The pay
A great summer job
Team Member and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 20, 2015
This is the ideal summer job. It's a great environment to spend the hot summer days working. You get the opportunity to interact with new clients everyday.

The downfall with Princess Auto is that, as you are just a part-time employee, you are not really treated as much of an asset.
good team
sales and cash team member (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCOctober 13, 2015
Princess auto has a great team to work with. I would only work there again for the team members and team leaders. loved my team and still stay in contact