Princess Auto

Princess Auto Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Tasks
Night shift NRT (Current Employee), 1455 McCowan Rd, Toronto, ON M1S 5K7April 22, 2015
We would stock shelves, unload the trucks, make sure the store is spotless before first shift starts, assist customers and leave them satisfied. My coworkers were good but talkative and needed reminders to get back on task. Hardest part of the job is the night shift and the most enjoyable is the environment.
Had the Potential to be a Great Place
Team Member (Former Employee), Calgery, ABApril 7, 2015
Pros: good coworkers, and a steady work pace
Cons: poor management
Princess Auto has a lot of great workers, but the management never recognizes this and never appreciates their hard work. Often they will have two or three people scheduled on a busy weekend while they sit and "hide" in the back office where they can do nothing. Furthermore, workers who were far superior in knowledge and experience were never given a break or pat on the back for their excellent work. Sadly, the management would usually gossip and badmouth about said workers which brought the morale down. In short.... Princess Auto had the potential to be so much more.
Great Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 6, 2015
At princess Auto I started as a trailer reciever. After about 2 months i started working as an sales associate. I loved my co workers because everyone was so respectful and helpful.
Great pay benefits, horrible management
Sales team member (Former Employee), Kitchener, OnMarch 31, 2015
The pay here is great, and they also profit share. However management is run terribly, customers are often left waiting around looking for help because scheduling is spread so thin constantly, even during peak hours which made for an extremely stressful work environment. The store manager is completely unapproachable, and makes little effort if any at all to work through issues such as thin scheduling or customer complaints.
Great workpalce
Cashier & Team Member (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 25, 2015
The management team was helpful. They were able to accommodate my work schedule with my school's schedule which really helped me work and study well at the same time.
Its an alright place
Night Time Receiving (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 12, 2015
A typical day includes alot of problem solving
Management was bad
Hardest part of the job is dealing with the mistakes the day shift makes
Fast pace easy going
Cashier (Current Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: unpredictable hours could not book appointments and keep them
Every day would bring some new or unexpected challenge which was great because then our shift would fly by and in no time at all the day was over.
loved this job
Day receiver (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free meals, great profit sharing.
Cons: shovelling snow
I enjoyed all the people who worked there. I loved the training and road trips to other princess auto areas that involved set up. Met many bosses on those trips.
great beginners work
Sale Associate (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: too much stuff too organize
Friendly management and team members and not really hard work, show me everything about sale and organize of items, the most enjoyable is when your helped customers find the item they need. and the friendly relationship
Princess Auto.
Cashier, Floor sales, Receiver, Warehouse Staff (Former Employee), Prince George, BCJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: great pay, benefits, medical coverage, canadian pension plan
Princess Auto over all is a safe, fun, team work based environment. I had really enjoyed the period of time i worked for the company. They have always treated their staff and customers well. Great Flexible hours and understanding team Leaders and staff
fun work but...
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Kingston, ONDecember 17, 2014
they do not give you proper warnings and fire you for no good proper reason. they have a good pace of work. enjoyable work settings
Overall good place to work
Hydraulic Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 16, 2014
I worked at Princess Auto for over 6 years. I did everything you could do at store level at one point or another. Company is great for wanting to advance their people within the stores with the potential to move around the country in high end positions if reached. Tons of training in regards to the products sold. Good co-workers for the most part with the occasional bad apple. You will never get rich working there but great for younger people or those that require flexible scheduling.
Customer satisfaction is the main goal.
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 10, 2014
Pros: they keep their customer satisfied
Cons: as they keep their customer satisfied, expectations keeps increasing.
Princess Auto is one of the best company i have worked with. I learned a lot lot of things including how to deal at international levels.
how to deal with vendors.
co-workers were very helpful.
management working style was excellent.
Great business to work for
Sales Team Member (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits, amazing atmosphere, friendly work environment
Cons: only con is its retail so hours aren't fun
Everyday their was a meeting with the boss to update on sales and what were the tasks for the day, awesome communication between employees and managers. I left the company to continue education. The pay is great for retail and the benefits are amazing. Consistent on the job training is offered and their is always the opportunities to advance in the company. I would work for them again in a heart beat!
Confortable lunch room
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 23, 2014
I really enjoy working at princess auto because I get to learn new things every day as well as get the amount of hours I need as always available to me.
Great people, great staff, interesting work, Lacks advancement oppurtunity.
Sales Team Member (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 4, 2014
Ive spent quite some time with a single company for someone my age (Turning 21 this January, will be coming of four years with the company). When I was 17 and just starting out the job was ever so interesting as I had never worked in an environment with friendly and knowledgeable co-workers who were eager to share knowledge with me.

An average day currently, I come into work and am greeted with a start up meeting with the leader on duty, we briefly discuss the sales figures, expectations, upcoming notes of importance. We are then given our tasks for the day and set out to the sales floor and warehouse environments to complete them.

These range from customer service goals such as selling enough air compressors to make room for new stock, to re designing end caps and shelving to appear more ascetically pleasing to our guests.

My work is a mixed bag of retail and sales work with physical and fast paced body work. By the end of the day I am typically physically tired but always have more to give.

I have worked all 24 hours of the clock during my time, including nights, early mornings, and weekends.

Ask me in 2012 what I thought of the Job and I would have had nothing but good things to say. However today is a different story. Having always been a temporary full time team member, I never was given an opportunity to advance to a role of leadership. Thus I have paid quiet attention to the the leadership team and the changes that have happened over the years.

It is clear to me that the company lacks organization and ethics in the upper level management sector, and this is bolded – more... by the fact that with the loss of our most recent Store Manager Carl Rhamos being replaced by an external hire instead of giving second in command Steven Switzer a chance to take over due to an outside relationship between the outside hire and out Corporate district manager, who has been with the company for less time then I have.

As a result, my desire to continue to work and achieve corporate level advancement with the company is now non existent. It is clear once I acquire my business degree that my internal code of ethics and ideals on how to be a leader and how to be a boss will be overlooked and I am not interested in remaining at the store level for a career.

I still work hard and enjoy my day to day work, but I am interested in spreading out and getting my foot in the door with a more like minded but equally interesting and unique corporation. But I am also open to labor intensive entry level.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. – less
Fast paced retail environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 29, 2014
Performed administrative functions in processing financial transactions and documenting sales
Monitored inventory levels and continually performed adjustments to meet sales supply and demand
Proactive first contact with customers for service or sales and establishment of repeat clientele
Performed all seasonal department purchasing, inventory control and inventory management
Liaised with management in the coordination of product promotions and sales
Assumed the duties and responsibilities of the store manager in his absence
Assisted in the mentoring and training of new staff
High paced
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, OnSeptember 23, 2014
I enjoyed assisting the loyal customers who frequent at Princess Auto. I have learnt a lot based on product knowledge and cashier and customer service responsibilities.
Princess Auto will make you sick in more ways than one
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 8, 2014
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: atrocious air quality, absent management on all levels, lazy coworkers
Typical day looks like this:

- Arrive at Princess Auto and sit in a longwinded team meeting (these are mandatory; however, TLTs/ATLs/AND the TL often forget to run them for those starting a later shift and are mainly about the figures from the previous day.)
- Receive break schedule (usually they attempt to allow you a 15 within the first 4 hours of your shift, but unless you're popular with the staff, forget it. Luckily, your peers will happily take your break if they feel that it's too long to wait for their turns.
- If you ask for more hours, they will schedule you just under the full time mark so that you cannot receive benefits/full time salary. If you ask for less, they will tell you that they have a minimum of 25 hours.
- If you are a part time worker, then you will work every. single. weekend. They downplay this, assuring you that you will have two days off per week and they *try* to schedule them together. This is never the case and you will not receive any weekends off, you may, however book one off, but you will have to jump through many hoops.
-They will disregard your availability, ignore emails about availability, and schedule you when you've spent 3 weeks reviewing with 3 TLTs, 2 ATLs, and the TL.
- TLTs and ATLs will hide in their offices/on the floor and refuse to answer pages, even during emergency/potentially threatening situations. This has happened twice in 2 months
- Floor teams will refuse to remove their stock (95s) from the Solutions, leading to a backlog of stock and the cash team spending an extra (unpaid) 30 minutes replacing it.
- TL will make suggestive – more... comments to the cash team and home office will ignore complaints/emails.
-You will be forgotten about when it comes to the end of your shift. You will be asked to stay later, you will not be paid, you will have to ask them several times to adjust your pay.
- You will return home, sore and sick. The fumes, dust, and general disgusting state of the whole store is enough to cause chronic bronchitis.

This is a terrible store. Do not work for them. The profit sharing isn't even worth it. – less
great staff, extremely varied products
Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 8, 2014
The job itself was great but I found it very difficult to become familiar with all of the varied products and how they were priced

1 2 3

About Princess Auto

Princess Auto Limited (PAL) is a Canadian retail chain specializing in farm, industrial, garage, and surplus items. It was started – Read more