Pros: profit sharing
Cons: atrocious air quality, absent management on all levels, lazy coworkers
Typical day looks like this:
- Arrive at Princess Auto and sit in a longwinded team meeting (these are mandatory; however, TLTs/ATLs/AND the TL often forget to run them for those starting a later shift and are mainly about the figures from the previous day.)
- Receive break schedule (usually they attempt to allow you a 15 within the first 4 hours of your shift, but unless you're popular with the staff, forget it. Luckily, your peers will happily take your break if they feel that it's too long to wait for their turns.
- If you ask for more hours, they will schedule you just under the full time mark so that you cannot receive benefits/full time salary. If you ask for less, they will tell you that they have a minimum of 25 hours.
- If you are a part time worker, then you will work every. single. weekend. They downplay this, assuring you that you will have two days off per week and they *try* to schedule them together. This is never the case and you will not receive any weekends off, you may, however book one off, but you will have to jump through many hoops.
-They will disregard your availability, ignore emails about availability, and schedule you when you've spent 3 weeks reviewing with 3 TLTs, 2 ATLs, and the TL.
- TLTs and ATLs will hide in their offices/on the floor and refuse to answer pages, even during emergency/potentially threatening situations. This has happened twice in 2 months
- Floor teams will refuse to remove their stock (95s) from the Solutions, leading to a backlog of stock and the cash team spending an extra (unpaid) 30 minutes replacing it.
- TL will make suggestive – more... comments to the cash team and home office will ignore complaints/emails.
-You will be forgotten about when it comes to the end of your shift. You will be asked to stay later, you will not be paid, you will have to ask them several times to adjust your pay.
- You will return home, sore and sick. The fumes, dust, and general disgusting state of the whole store is enough to cause chronic bronchitis.
This is a terrible store. Do not work for them. The profit sharing isn't even worth it. – less