Princess Auto Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place with a great atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 October 2016
Princess Auto is a great place to start working. The people their are great and very helpful. Everyday we strive to better not only ourselves but also our customer service which is very important, especially in the retail industry. One of the most enjoyable parts of this job would be the amount of potlucks we have, nobody says no to food! But on the other hand, a harder part of this job is to know a lot of the products, having a bit of background knowledge can be really helpful and can benefit you when you want to assist customers.
Essential skills
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manitoba23 September 2016
Princess auto teaches skills but management is poor quality. There is internal theft consistently and is a very unsettling racist place to work. The training is poor and the leaders don't care about on going issues. Least at one of the Winnipeg locations. The bosses never seem to stay at the work place which I now understand why. They care more about profits rather than team members. HR fails to update schedules that leads to written notices when it isn't your fault.
Pros
free coffee and donuts
Cons
internal theft, lack of respect, poor management
Has both ups and downs
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB24 August 2016
Very interesting place with lots to learn as there are many sections in the store. The wide range of customers make the job always interesting, but management lowers the rating. Rude, uncooperative, and very immature. They change hours without your knowledge, and get upset when it clashes with your other duties ex:school. Taking time off is like pulling teeth, you don't know till right before, which is frustrating. The lack of staff really affects the store as well. They also very much favorite full time over part time workers, which is unfair to say the least.
Pros
Customers/Interesting Items
Unfair Place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 August 2016
Working there is unfair. They let people steal money and get away with it yet someone who works hard and makes a mistake honestly is fired and told they are no longer wanted. They are so unfair to the hard working person. If you don't do your work and you can do alot there and nothing will happen to you.Note don;t be hardworking they won't recognize you. They will recognize your lack of work and give you praise for it. Be warned going in there. Watch your back closely. Was there for 4 years and have seen alot.
Pros
Cons
Hard workers will get let go.
have to be able to put up with alot....
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 September 2016
management is not good, each 'leader' pretty much has there own set of rules and it can be hard to follow direction. they do not hire full time often but after two years you receive benefits which are pretty good. The team members are probably the best part of the job and mainly the only reason i have been with the company for almost 3 years. princess auto also give profit sharing quarterly which is a bonus and pays above minimum wage. As a cashier, you have to have a strong back bone. Guests regularly get mad when things are not in stock, they had a bad experience with a sales associate or something is past warranty and we wont exchange it for them. i have personally been called pretty much every name in the book but if you can put up a strong front, you're good to go!
Pros
team members
Cons
don't hire full time often, leadership
Horrible management
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 June 2016
Princess auto is a decent place to work only for the paycheque. The leaders are useless constantly pushing stress and unwanted pressure down your throat and expect you to do fine. Not worth the headache. Great people to work with build long lasting friendships with your co-workers and customers.
Pros
Free lunches
Fun Workplace
Asst. Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB22 May 2016
the typical day at work is helping customer all the time I've learned how to manage my areas and responsibility the management are always willing to help on the people who needs help my co-worker is really helpful when it comes to the customer or staff who is in need and the hardest part of my job is to handle some rude customer or a complain but i can still manage to deal with them and the most enjoyable part is helping customer.
Fun and safe workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 August 2016
great opportunity to experience giving royal service to different kinds of people,. It was at the same time learning process on my part to especially know their selling product and their different uses.
Pros
great bebefits
Cons
short shifts
think before you take this job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  caalgary19 August 2016
who nuts enough to take a night job for $13 an hr come on really guys who's that desperate try 20 to 22 hr people start asking for what one is worth.
taking jobs at this rate will only make company's offer this kind of pay STOP
High Energy and Customer Orientated
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 May 2016
A typical day included interactions between myself and customers, maintaining a designated section of the store via stocking shelves, ensuring pricing is accurate, and cleanness of section. Always had something to do and every day was something new to look forward to. Management was always available to assist in any major issues, and worked along side employees to see that tasks were complete by company standards when required. Most enjoyable part of the job was the professional, yet almost family-like, environment in which everyone helped each other and came together as a team.
Pros
High Activity, Customer Interactions, Teamwork Environment
Cons
Low amount of work hours provided
fun workplace with great people and ROYAL Service
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB4 July 2016
working at Princess Auto is a great experience. I learn so much every day and work with a great group of people who care about the customer's satisfaction and providing a royal customer service to every individual who comes through our store
amazing team to work with
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 November 2016
the team members along with the staff were fun and easy to get along with and very flexible with the schedule. the work was hard and very fast pace but enjoyable never the less
Excellent Job Culture and Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 July 2016
PAL is one of the best companies to work with. Although its a Family owned business, but the culture is no less than a corporate house.

Lots to Learn and Excellent place to work.
Pros
Lots to Learn
Cons
Rotating Shifts
Princess Auto is fun
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kingston27 June 2016
Fun place to work at. Everyone is very nice and there is a lot of training you get to accomplish. Tools to machinery! Always recommend this job to someone looking for fun part time!
Pros
HAPPY hard working place
Cons
Not enough hours
Good Starter Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC28 May 2016
Working at Princess Auto I have gained valuable skills which will stay with me through my professional career. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting customers and making lasting connections with the community.
Ok place to work
night receiver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2016
Princess auto is OK. Culture $ driven and productivity you are a hindrence if you are not a constant overachiever. If you just let it slide and do your job you will be Ok.
Pros
time of if given 2 weeks notice.
Cons
Job description seems to be a moving target. Turnover rate is high.
Good supportive team
Day Receiving Team/Warehouse Receiver (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON7 March 2016
I enjoy working part time with such a supportive staff and our customers are generally good natured.
I love the product selection and I have learnt a great deal about the products we carry which allows me to be able to market them to our customers more efficiently.
Royal Service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 January 2016
It's a great company by far, their original morals are strong and are Canadian made. But Princess Auto is only great when you're a customer.
We are pushed with multiple tasks and projects with too little time.
If you ask for more hours, your current hours are cut in half
there is no respect towards employees
no communication between management
rare to go from part time to full time (regardless of availability and work ethic)
we can be sworn and abused by customers, but it's always our fault in the end.

The company overall is only out to make the customers happy. they need to focus on the people helping make heir customers happy.
Pros
free lunches, slightly higher pay, paid steel toes
Cons
no communication, lack of respect from management
fun
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 February 2016
They are happy go lucky people that work at princess auto its a good place to work. I am a cashier we deal with our guest that need to know were products are and ring them through the till. Hardest part is the different shifts.
Pros
team players
Cons
shifts allway changes
Stupid company to work for.
NRT (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2015
Completely run by people who don't know what they are doing. Advancement offers to staff who have barely been over staff who have years. Cators to high school kids and don't give consequences for actions ie. Not answering phones that have been ringing for over 10 mins, poor training, management changing their schedules constantly.

Promises to fix problems within the store to have them fall through or forgotten, some staff aren't relieable.

Profit sharing isn't worth it for the amount of stress put on certain team members.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, poor training, poor advancement decisions and promotions.

2.8