- Successfully completed a Surveying or Civil Engineering or program from a community college is an asset or 3 to 5 years of direct construction experience;
- C.Tech, A.Sc.T. or C.E.T designation is an asset;
- Experience in the use of survey instruments and equipment including GPS, Total Stations and levels and for layout of road and underground utilities.
- Ability to conduct survey calculations to understand level readings is crucial;
- AutoCAD and Surveying Software proficient
- Good interpersonal skills with a commitment to customer service and conflict resolution;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision;
- Excellent organizational skills with ability prioritize to be able to meet deadlines.
- Must demonstrate an ability to exercise independent judgement and sound decisions;
- Strong communication skills with previous experience in writing reports and maintaining logs/diaries;
- Working knowledge of computer applications including MS Office: Word, Excel.
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, the incumbent:
- Performs various types of construction layout and data collection measurements for payments;
- Collects field notes and record information on a daily basis to maintain construction log book for payment purposes;
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned which may include temporary re assignment to the Works Operations Section during the winter period to assist in winter maintenance activities.
- Exposure to variety of weather conditions, noise, and vibration, unpleasant smells etc.
- Exposure to concrete, asphalt, dust, flying particles etc.
- Requires lifting, pulling and carrying of heavy equipment and objects.
- Requires use of sledge hammers and hammers
HOURS OF WORK/SHIFT WORK:
Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
This position may require additional hours and weekends.
HOURLY RATE: T.B.D based on experience
Possession of a valid driver’s license is a must
Candidate must have C.S.A approved green patch safety boots.
Applications will be received by January 30, 2013