Primerica Employee Reviews

Activity management & learning opportunities for self & business growth
Division Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK6 February 2018
Meetings & training are key in this business as well as activity management. Compassion, understanding & patience are key in this field of work. I learned a lot with regards to the financial industry and products available & how vulnerable people feel with regards to their finances. Arming clients with knowledge & aiding them to make their own informed decisions is key. Trainers & coaches are available and will work with you, to help you advance in your career. Having the self-confidence to do this career choice is key, lack of self-confidence will definitely provide a road block, unless you choose to work on it & build it. Quite enjoyable part is knowing you've helped someone protect themselves financially, even if a person doesn't become a client, learning something new & building their knowledge, so they can make informed choices, is very rewarding and earns a person's respect.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, personal & professional growth
Cons
Commission based
Awesome business opportunity for daring, self-motivated people
Insurance and Investment Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 January 2018
Primerica is a financial services company. Its products are designed for middle class people who have a need for life, health and disability insurance, debt resolution and investments. The company also offers an opportunity to become an independant representant by following and completing an intern accelerated formation, which will allow you to start marketing and distributing their products, managing your own working place and hours, building your own customer base and working crew, all of which can lead to tremendous advancement opportunities in the company.
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
Demands high and constant effort and investment level
Good enviroment
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
I liked working in Primerica. it was fun to work with good people and software system was also very user-friendly. Overall it was good to work with Primerica.
Insurance and Investment Consulting
Trainee as Insurance Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 January 2018
Learned a lot of Financial and Investment knowledge

Loved working with people serving their investment and insurance needs.

Enjoyed meeting lots of new people
Great job
Broker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 January 2018
This has been such an amazing job with a good work environment. Very flexible on hours and training is done through the company. Everyone is very inclusive.
Très agréable
Conseillère en sécurité financière (Current Employee) –  Terrebonne, QC12 December 2017
Liberté, propre gestion ton horaire. Aucune limite de revenu.
Financial Advisor
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 December 2017
Licenced in both Canadian Securities and Life Insurance. Independently employeed.
Great to work in self employment with great potential.
Requires motivation to obtain new clientel
Pros
No quotas to obtain
Cons
Not a regular paying job
Good working environment
Suitability Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 December 2017
I liked working in Primerica. it was fun to work with good people and software system was also very user friendly. Overall it was good to work with Primerica.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
I liked working there so much so no cons
fixing an enjustice in the financial field
Branch Manager/owner Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 November 2017
amazing company , people friendly and positive environment. Primerica does what is right 100% of the time. It's part of the NYSE and has a over 40 year old track record.
cult atmosphere misleading
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK15 November 2017
Very misleading. Of course with commission sales it comes with risk. They feed you the notion that you own a business but it's not that simple. Not to mention, they mass recruit and provide VERY LITTLE training to the recruits. The upper management of the respected offices will take a new person out, sell to their warm market (friends and family) and try to recruit them. Rinse and repeat.

There is no long term success here without recruiting, and this industry isn't for everyone. They don't offer a versatile enough portfolio to allow an entry level agent to do this position, full time and earn a good income. It's just not possible. I would recommend a lesser MLM like company that isn't focused on recruiting and selling to warm market only. Go with La Capitale, or even Combined Insurance.

Stay away from these guys... and from WFG.
Pros
Cons
lots
Helping Families become debt free and financially independent
Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON8 November 2017
Amazing company to work for. Teaches you everything you need to know about money. Helps people being debt free and financially independent. Pays well.
Great Positive Environment
Financial security advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2017
I really value a positive environment and Primerica has given me that. Management and teammates are a great support to move forward towards your career advancement. It is a great opportunity to learn about how money works, entrepreneurship and building relationships. It requires to self-improve, therefore a high commitment to change, to stay focus and be disciplined. This is what most people struggle with and leave. They do not leave because of the company, they quit on themselves not being able to be disciplined to reach their potential.
Insurance sales
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
This was my first launch into the world of sales. I had a great mentor and she taught me the ropes on how to start in this business. I'll never forget her lessons and wisdom.
Pros
Amazing leader
Cons
kinda lonely
Excellent workplace culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2017
Driven team with an excellent work place culture. Extremely motivating with lots of fun workshops. The management is extremely friendly and teaches you more than what you need to know about how the industry works.
Great company & service to people
Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2017
The company serves a valuable need; helping main street families get educated about financial planning.

I've learned a lot and grown through my experience

Highly recommend work here, though you do need a warm market of potential clients or it can be challenging to replace income of a FT job.
Pros
Personal and professional development
Cons
Speaking to people about financial planning is a tough conversation to start
not for everyone
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
This is a pyramid, if your comfortable making money off of others while they do the work you can do this. It takes a lot of convincing to get people interested in the services and also to find people to work for you.
Pros
you make your own hours
Cons
not making much money unless you recruit
Head Office
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 August 2017
The company is extremely disorganised, and everything is done at the last minute which makes day to day work stressful.

The field force is always the priority while the head office staff is not treated well which is why they do not provide any bonus for exceeding and giving you out dated office supplies and equipment. Additionally, you need approval from Atlanta for almost everything you would like to do which makes life frustrating because Atlanta treats Canada as second class.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
You don't feel appreciated.
Primerica
Finance Advisor/Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 August 2017
Primerica has one best working environments I have worked in. It encourage people to bring the best out of themselves. The colleagues would encourage you to do better. Seniors teach and guide new ones ways to achieve their goals,
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Purely Commission based
Great company!
Senior Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON17 August 2017
I loved my time I spent with Primerica! The total freedom to work on my schedule was amazing for me! And the system for advancement and the commission pay structure is very rewarding and really encourages hard work to reap the best rewards! Unfortunately it just wasn't a perfect fit for me at this point in my life so for now I have put it on the back burner while I try other options
Pros
Completely open work schedule, make your own hours!
Cons
If you don't work, you don't get paid due to the commission only pay structure
great place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB14 August 2017
Started here when i found out i was pregnant with my son. Was able to make my own hours and come in a few mornings a week. Worked evenings when it was possible.
With moving offices my job is on hold until the new year at least and I need to find employment in the mean time.
I am pregnant with my second. Due in january and like my first I dont plan on taking a Mat leave.
I answer phones, File paperwork, Keep on top of the reps to get their paperwork completed properly. Make sure the office runs smoothly by building schedules, and filing all paperwork.
Lots of data entry and continuous work.
loved this job, even when the days consisted of being on the phone to head office all day.
Pros
hours and being able to work at my own pace
Cons
only being able to work 3 days a week when sometimes it should have been a monday to friday gig.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primerica. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2