Primerica Employee Reviews

not for everyone
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
This is a pyramid, if your comfortable making money off of others while they do the work you can do this. It takes a lot of convincing to get people interested in the services and also to find people to work for you.
Pros
you make your own hours
Cons
not making much money unless you recruit
Head Office
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 August 2017
The company is extremely disorganised, and everything is done at the last minute which makes day to day work stressful.

The field force is always the priority while the head office staff is not treated well which is why they do not provide any bonus for exceeding and giving you out dated office supplies and equipment. Additionally, you need approval from Atlanta for almost everything you would like to do which makes life frustrating because Atlanta treats Canada as second class.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
You don't feel appreciated.
Great company!
Senior Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON17 August 2017
I loved my time I spent with Primerica! The total freedom to work on my schedule was amazing for me! And the system for advancement and the commission pay structure is very rewarding and really encourages hard work to reap the best rewards! Unfortunately it just wasn't a perfect fit for me at this point in my life so for now I have put it on the back burner while I try other options
Pros
Completely open work schedule, make your own hours!
Cons
If you don't work, you don't get paid due to the commission only pay structure
great place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB14 August 2017
Started here when i found out i was pregnant with my son. Was able to make my own hours and come in a few mornings a week. Worked evenings when it was possible.
With moving offices my job is on hold until the new year at least and I need to find employment in the mean time.
I am pregnant with my second. Due in january and like my first I dont plan on taking a Mat leave.
I answer phones, File paperwork, Keep on top of the reps to get their paperwork completed properly. Make sure the office runs smoothly by building schedules, and filing all paperwork.
Lots of data entry and continuous work.
loved this job, even when the days consisted of being on the phone to head office all day.
Pros
hours and being able to work at my own pace
Cons
only being able to work 3 days a week when sometimes it should have been a monday to friday gig.
Uplifting, empowering place to grow a business for yourself.
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON10 August 2017
Typical day at work is far from typical, this is a place where you can build a business to call your own, You make calls to new and friendly people, schedule appointments to sit in with them and show them some basic concepts of finance. If they are happy with what they have seen and allow it, you work these concepts into their situation to see if it helps them achieve their goals. The company mission is to help people become properly protected in their income, debt free and financially independent. They are not a sales force but rather a coaching service, with a no-pressure approach to helping people make better sense of their financial situation.

You never stop learning as this industry makes constant changes. I have learned how to work with people one on one and apply strategies to put them in their best possible position. You're also constantly working on self improvement, how to be a better person at home, in life, in relationships, in business, and self improvement is constantly encouraged. This is the best place to be if you ever want some experience in business ownership.

The management isn't the typical management, this is a team environment. It's incredibly supportive and always looking to help each other succeed and reach their highest potential. Training is extremely comprehensive and goes at your own pace.

Seeing the team everyday is always joyous, we have so much fun working together, brainstorming ways to get much needed information out to the community, helping each other out, telling stories and sharing ideas. There has never been a more friendly and
  more... inviting office environment.

The hardest part of this job is getting started, as most people come in and are accustomed to the 9 to 5 job role where their role is clearly defined. In this business you are finding your own clients and generating new ones from there, but the hardest part is getting through those initial first clients to get comfortable with presenting and teaching and learning about people and how they react to being shown something that can change their lives. People can be very unpredictable, and sometimes it's hard not to take things to heart.

The most enjoyable part of the job is providing the services we do and seeing your client immediately be put into a better financial position, knowing that you've started them down a path to a more comfortable and educated life.
Pros
This is a business you can grow for yourself, and make a very lucrative income.
Cons
Can be difficult in the initial stages getting the business going.
very laid back people but also hard working when takes need to get done
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  4000 Steeles Ave West29 July 2017
Primerica is great for those who are looking for a career where they cant really help people and educate them on how to make and save money in the long run.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
long licensing process
Different experience
District Leader, Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 July 2017
Although I was very new to the industry at the time. The people in the company made my time there worth it. Although it wasn't for me i did enjoy what I learned when I was there.
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
This job required too much time to get to a position where you start earning money. Your are able to work as little or as many hours as you want but it takes a long time and a lot of job shadowing to be able to earn money. I provided a lot of clients for the lady I worked for but never made any money
Pros
job freedom
Cons
commision pay
Excellent training and work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Clinton, ON22 June 2017
If your willing to learn and grow as an individual in a team environment then Primerica is the place for you ! A company that gives you all the resources to success you just have to put them into practice.
Amazing Education
Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 June 2017
This company provides you with the support to learn and grown personally as well as financially. The company is growing and expanding and always looking for good people who are looking to serve others.
Pros
Financial Education
Cons
Lots to learn
good environment, commission based
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 June 2017
Commission based, significant process before actually getting to a position to make money. good environment, opportunity to make a great living is available.
Good
Part-time Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 May 2017
Great learning environment. Easy to get started. Free weekly based lessons to help newcomers and veteran to improve on the necessary skills, both in work and in life.
Pros
friendly environment
Not Illegal, But Deceptive
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  North York, ON19 May 2017
The company boasts thousands of agents due to the fact that they recruit everyone regardless of talent or aptitude.

They will only promote you if you recruit more people for their branches.

The very definition of a pyramid-like business. It is definitely not a scam because they will pay and do what they say they will do, however everything is based on the participant.

100% Commission and you are left to find your own clients.
Pros
High Earning Potential
Cons
100% Commission, No Client Referral.
productive hard working company
life insurance broker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 May 2017
an absolutely amazing company filled with inspirational people,
ive never met someone who works with these people who arent positive and that would wish upon anyone anything but success,
Pros
amazing people to be around
Cons
success is a marathon not a sprint
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2017
Very fun place to work and learn many things. Lots of great conferences throughout the year. You are able to help many families become financially independent.
Une bonne entreprise, mais...
Représentant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 April 2017
Pour ce qui vienne d'entrer dans la compagnie, je peux vous garantir que c'est une compagnie réelle qui aide vraiment les gens. Je suis convaincu que cet entreprise est vraiment une opportunité à mieux comprendre tout ce qui touche les finances (impôts, placement, investissement...). Ce n'est pas une arnaque, ils m'ont pas crosser (ben à date)

Le problème c'est pas la compagnie, mais la manière dont ils recrutent les gens (principalement au Québec).

La première chose, c'est l'appel... Ils te disent qu'on (anonyme) te qualifie de quelqu'un de travailleur et débrouillard. Après, ils te disent si t'aimerait ça avoir 1000 à 2000$ de plus par mois (naturellement tu dis oui). Ils te demandent ce que tu fais dans la vie, quel domaine que t'étudies, tu veux faire quoi plus tard etc. Ensuite, bam, il te parle de Primerica. Et là, ils te disent que t'es quelqu'un de super bien, et sympathique, ''ça serait bien que tu viens nous rencontrer''. Finalement, ils te donnent un rendez-vous et te montre touuut les opportunités que t'a à travailler chez Primerica. Moi, je connais rien en finances et c'était pas pas un domaine qui m'intérressait. Ça faisait rien, parce qu'il t'offrait une formation en tant que conseiller financier. Mais c'est juste pour vous montrer qu'ils prennent n'-i-m-p-o-r-t-e qui dans la compagnie. Bref, le fait que c'est le travail qui cours après toi, c'est avantageux ouais mais un peu agressant.

Deuxièmement, si tu trouves ça intéressant, ils te disent de te pointer à leur meeting pour les futurs représentants. Pour être honnête, ça m'a plu je voyais vraiment
  more... leur logique à mettre plus d'argent dans la poche des gens en les aidant. En faisant ça, t'avait la chance d'être ton propre boss. Pi ça continue comme ça, meeting après meeting (des 9 à 11, pas obligatoire mais ''fortement recommandé) dans le but de te mettre dans le ''vibe''. PERSONNELLEMENT, c'est comme si on me faisait un lavage de cerveau ''Avec Primerica ma vie à changé'' ''À un jeune âge, je faisais 10000/mois de chiffre d'affaire'' ''les gens qui quittent Primerica c'est des loosers'' et blabla.

Bref, quand t'as vraiment compris l'opportunité de travailler avec Primerica et que tu parles que de ça, tu signe ton ''DEI'' (dossier) et tu deviens automatiquement représentant de Primerica. Ils te ré-expliquent touuut le: ''Primerica va changé ta vie'' etc. Ensuite, ton formateur/formatrice regarde ton cell (avec toi bien sûr) et notent tous les contacts sans exception que t'a. Ils notent leurs âges, fonction dans la vie et la situation familiale. Après ça, tu commences tes appels (après qu'ils t'ont montré comment faire), tu cherches ton 3x3 (recruter trois clients et trois associés). Il n'y a pas de délai, mais idéalement il fallait les avoir aux bout d'un mois. Quand ta ton 3x3, Bravo! Ta ton salaire et tu continues pour avoir un 5x5 et ainsi de suite pour atteindre le plus haut point, le VP. Ton succès dépend de l'implication que tu donnes dans ton travail.

Ça pouvait arriver que j'étais en mauvais terme avec mes mes amis (ce qui est vraiment plate), parce que c'était rendu de carrément de l'harcèlement pour recruter les gens. Les gens te regardent d'un air différent, en tout cas...

By the way, les gens avec qui tu travailles dans le bureau sont vraiment, vraiment sympathiques. Ta comme l'impression de les avoir connus depuis que t'as 10 ans. Donc l'ambiance là-bas est vraiment bien.

Je recommande aux étudiants qui sont sérieux dans leurs études à éviter ce secteur. Leurs exigences pour aller chercher le fameux 3x3 (recruter trois clients et trois associés) fait en sorte que t'es tellement ''focus'' par ça que t'en oublies ton école... Durant mes temps libres ou pauses il fallait que je me diriges au bureau pour suivre ma formation et faire des appels (avec ton formateur ou formatrice). Je suis pas quelqu'un qui passe 24 heures dans mes livres, mais avec tout ce qu'on a au cégep c'est vraiment pas évidemment. De plus, je pense que dès que t'a ton 3x3, t'es comme pogné dans la compagnie parce que t'a des gens qui sont sous ta charge. Et le fait que tu gagnes beaucoup d'argent par mois, t'as tendance à laisser tomber tes études pour faire ça.

Bref, tout ça pour vous dire que ce n'est pas une mauvaise compagnie, mais qui a ses point négatifs qu'il fallait que je partage.
Pros
Ambiance au bureau, opportunité d'investissement, le personnel
Cons
Pas l'idéal pour les étudiants à temps plein, manière de recruter les gens.
Great team and advancement opportunities
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 March 2017
Flexible Hours, Continuous learning within company, excellent coaches and executives who care and want to help you achieve your goals by giving you tips and suggestions.....the job is very flexible and you get what you put into it. Most enjoyable part is going out and meeting people and helping them make sound decisions with their investments for the future.
Pros
company perks
Cons
none really
Freedom with responsibility
Regional VP (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 March 2017
A typical day at work for me is arriving at the office at 10:30 am. I help the team (some part time, some full time) prepare for client meetings if required and then prepare for my clients and interviews.

We teach families how to make more income (through the business opportunity that we offer), become properly insured to protect their family, how to get out of debt as fast as possible and retire with a decent amount of money when the time comes. We deal with some of the largest financial companies in Canada so it gives our clients a marked advantage.

Because we teach families this everyday, it becomes second nature for us as well.

The workplace environment is amazing and generally stays that way.
Very little drama which is a huge departure from a normal work place.

The hardest part of my position is staying self motivated, but I must say that its definitely worth it!
Pros
Never having a boss
Cons
Must be self motivated
Its an ok job to work in
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 March 2017
Couldnt really say anything good about Primerica, for it is the same as the Network Inc., if you dont make any sales you dont get a salry, also the management are always giving people attitudes
Pros
Free Food
Cons
If you dont make sales, you dont get paid
The most honest and ethical financial services company on the planet
Senior Regional Leader (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC20 March 2017
This company gives everyone a chance as long as you pass all prelicencing requirements.
You work on your own time setting and executing appointments with existing and potential clients. Everyone needs this assistance so everyone is a potential client. There is a very extensive training program designed to help you get ahead and create your own business. Management is very involved in your success and the environment is very upbeat and positive.
The hardest part of the job is to motivate yourself to go to work as all work relies on your ability to make and complete appointments. As the industry hasn't always been ethical or honest people are very skeptical so convincing is required. This job is 100% commission sales.
The best part of this job is that you get great satisfaction from helping families become debt free and financially independent and you get paid very well to do it.
Pros
You are your own boss
Cons
Commision sales with no base.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primerica. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2