Primerica Employee Reviews

cult atmosphere misleading
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK15 November 2017
Very misleading. Of course with commission sales it comes with risk. They feed you the notion that you own a business but it's not that simple. Not to mention, they mass recruit and provide VERY LITTLE training to the recruits. The upper management of the respected offices will take a new person out, sell to their warm market (friends and family) and try to recruit them. Rinse and repeat.

There is no long term success here without recruiting, and this industry isn't for everyone. They don't offer a versatile enough portfolio to allow an entry level agent to do this position, full time and earn a good income. It's just not possible. I would recommend a lesser MLM like company that isn't focused on recruiting and selling to warm market only. Go with La Capitale, or even Combined Insurance.

Stay away from these guys... and from WFG.
Pros
Cons
lots
Great Positive Environment
Financial security advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2017
I really value a positive environment and Primerica has given me that. Management and teammates are a great support to move forward towards your career advancement. It is a great opportunity to learn about how money works, entrepreneurship and building relationships. It requires to self-improve, therefore a high commitment to change, to stay focus and be disciplined. This is what most people struggle with and leave. They do not leave because of the company, they quit on themselves not being able to be disciplined to reach their potential.
Insurance sales
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
This was my first launch into the world of sales. I had a great mentor and she taught me the ropes on how to start in this business. I'll never forget her lessons and wisdom.
Pros
Amazing leader
Cons
kinda lonely
Excellent workplace culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2017
Driven team with an excellent work place culture. Extremely motivating with lots of fun workshops. The management is extremely friendly and teaches you more than what you need to know about how the industry works.
Great company & service to people
Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2017
The company serves a valuable need; helping main street families get educated about financial planning.

I've learned a lot and grown through my experience

Highly recommend work here, though you do need a warm market of potential clients or it can be challenging to replace income of a FT job.
Pros
Personal and professional development
Cons
Speaking to people about financial planning is a tough conversation to start
not for everyone
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
This is a pyramid, if your comfortable making money off of others while they do the work you can do this. It takes a lot of convincing to get people interested in the services and also to find people to work for you.
Pros
you make your own hours
Cons
not making much money unless you recruit
Head Office
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 August 2017
The company is extremely disorganised, and everything is done at the last minute which makes day to day work stressful.

The field force is always the priority while the head office staff is not treated well which is why they do not provide any bonus for exceeding and giving you out dated office supplies and equipment. Additionally, you need approval from Atlanta for almost everything you would like to do which makes life frustrating because Atlanta treats Canada as second class.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
You don't feel appreciated.
Primerica
Finance Advisor/Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 August 2017
Primerica has one best working environments I have worked in. It encourage people to bring the best out of themselves. The colleagues would encourage you to do better. Seniors teach and guide new ones ways to achieve their goals,
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Purely Commission based
Great company!
Senior Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON17 August 2017
I loved my time I spent with Primerica! The total freedom to work on my schedule was amazing for me! And the system for advancement and the commission pay structure is very rewarding and really encourages hard work to reap the best rewards! Unfortunately it just wasn't a perfect fit for me at this point in my life so for now I have put it on the back burner while I try other options
Pros
Completely open work schedule, make your own hours!
Cons
If you don't work, you don't get paid due to the commission only pay structure
great place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB14 August 2017
Started here when i found out i was pregnant with my son. Was able to make my own hours and come in a few mornings a week. Worked evenings when it was possible.
With moving offices my job is on hold until the new year at least and I need to find employment in the mean time.
I am pregnant with my second. Due in january and like my first I dont plan on taking a Mat leave.
I answer phones, File paperwork, Keep on top of the reps to get their paperwork completed properly. Make sure the office runs smoothly by building schedules, and filing all paperwork.
Lots of data entry and continuous work.
loved this job, even when the days consisted of being on the phone to head office all day.
Pros
hours and being able to work at my own pace
Cons
only being able to work 3 days a week when sometimes it should have been a monday to friday gig.
Uplifting, empowering place to grow a business for yourself.
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON10 August 2017
Typical day at work is far from typical, this is a place where you can build a business to call your own, You make calls to new and friendly people, schedule appointments to sit in with them and show them some basic concepts of finance. If they are happy with what they have seen and allow it, you work these concepts into their situation to see if it helps them achieve their goals. The company mission is to help people become properly protected in their income, debt free and financially independent. They are not a sales force but rather a coaching service, with a no-pressure approach to helping people make better sense of their financial situation.

You never stop learning as this industry makes constant changes. I have learned how to work with people one on one and apply strategies to put them in their best possible position. You're also constantly working on self improvement, how to be a better person at home, in life, in relationships, in business, and self improvement is constantly encouraged. This is the best place to be if you ever want some experience in business ownership.

The management isn't the typical management, this is a team environment. It's incredibly supportive and always looking to help each other succeed and reach their highest potential. Training is extremely comprehensive and goes at your own pace.

Seeing the team everyday is always joyous, we have so much fun working together, brainstorming ways to get much needed information out to the community, helping each other out, telling stories and sharing ideas. There has never been a more friendly and
  more... inviting office environment.

The hardest part of this job is getting started, as most people come in and are accustomed to the 9 to 5 job role where their role is clearly defined. In this business you are finding your own clients and generating new ones from there, but the hardest part is getting through those initial first clients to get comfortable with presenting and teaching and learning about people and how they react to being shown something that can change their lives. People can be very unpredictable, and sometimes it's hard not to take things to heart.

The most enjoyable part of the job is providing the services we do and seeing your client immediately be put into a better financial position, knowing that you've started them down a path to a more comfortable and educated life.
Pros
This is a business you can grow for yourself, and make a very lucrative income.
Cons
Can be difficult in the initial stages getting the business going.
very laid back people but also hard working when takes need to get done
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  4000 Steeles Ave West29 July 2017
Primerica is great for those who are looking for a career where they cant really help people and educate them on how to make and save money in the long run.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
long licensing process
Different experience
District Leader, Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 July 2017
Although I was very new to the industry at the time. The people in the company made my time there worth it. Although it wasn't for me i did enjoy what I learned when I was there.
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
This job required too much time to get to a position where you start earning money. Your are able to work as little or as many hours as you want but it takes a long time and a lot of job shadowing to be able to earn money. I provided a lot of clients for the lady I worked for but never made any money
Pros
job freedom
Cons
commision pay
Excellent training and work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Clinton, ON22 June 2017
If your willing to learn and grow as an individual in a team environment then Primerica is the place for you ! A company that gives you all the resources to success you just have to put them into practice.
Amazing Education
Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 June 2017
This company provides you with the support to learn and grown personally as well as financially. The company is growing and expanding and always looking for good people who are looking to serve others.
Pros
Financial Education
Cons
Lots to learn
good environment, commission based
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 June 2017
Commission based, significant process before actually getting to a position to make money. good environment, opportunity to make a great living is available.
Good
Part-time Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 May 2017
Great learning environment. Easy to get started. Free weekly based lessons to help newcomers and veteran to improve on the necessary skills, both in work and in life.
Pros
friendly environment
Not Illegal, But Deceptive
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  North York, ON19 May 2017
The company boasts thousands of agents due to the fact that they recruit everyone regardless of talent or aptitude.

They will only promote you if you recruit more people for their branches.

The very definition of a pyramid-like business. It is definitely not a scam because they will pay and do what they say they will do, however everything is based on the participant.

100% Commission and you are left to find your own clients.
Pros
High Earning Potential
Cons
100% Commission, No Client Referral.
productive hard working company
life insurance broker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 May 2017
an absolutely amazing company filled with inspirational people,
ive never met someone who works with these people who arent positive and that would wish upon anyone anything but success,
Pros
amazing people to be around
Cons
success is a marathon not a sprint

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primerica. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2