Our client, a highly respected national distribution company, has engaged Prime Management Group Inc. in the search for a PeopleSoft HRMS Database Administrator for their London Ontario headquarters.
The DBA will be responsible for maintaining the production and testing of the PeopleSoft Databases as well as the required subsystems. The successful candidate will perform database administration activities including; installation, configuration, monitoring, space management, security, database backup and recovery as well as perform disaster recovery. The DBA will act as a resource for the PeopleSoft application, support of staff scheduling, time and attendance, budgeting, electronic report distribution/viewing, and administrative document imaging. Primary application database responsibilities will be for PeopleSoft databases in a UNIX operating system in an IBM AIX environment. This position will interact with the Human Resources Department to provide front line support in addressing any performance issues and monitoring the overall health of the database. You will bring an entrepreneurial mind-set; possess a professional demeanor, as well as a great attitude and an open mind. You exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions as well as possess great communication and analytical skills. The successful candidate will serve to ensure that information technology fits our business requirements now and in the future.
- Prior experience as an Administrator of PeopleSoft HRMS
- 5 or more years of experience in the database development lifecycle including PeopleSoft running on a UNIX platform
- Periodically monitor use of Human Resources applications, develop recommendations for potential improvements.
- Recommend modifications and bug fixes to software vendor that would enhance Human Resources satisfaction and reliability
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization
- Experience working on moderately complex and diverse projects
- Will administer the database with a primary focus on setup, configuration monitoring and management of PeopleSoft Systems
- Maintains the PeopleSoft environment: applies updates, maintenance packs, patches and fixes for all environments
- Able to design databases according to industry standards and make tuning recommendations
- Maintain and manage database reporting infrastructure and participate in design
- Strong SQL skills including the ability to rewrite complex queries for performance improvements
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) a plus
Indeed - 2 years ago
Welcome to PMG!!
Prime Management Group Inc. is an Executive Search and Recruitment firm specializing in the placement of professionals...