Primary Response Employee Reviews

As a mobile petrolling security guard
Mobile Patrolling (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 January 2018
As a mobile patrolling security guard I work at city hall oshawa and went to all city property to check. Look for any unexpected activity and making sure every thing is clear. Primary response always stand with us when we need help or any advise. Nice to work with this company and all staff.
Horrible to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ontario12 January 2018
Primary Response is terrible to work for they do not communicate with their employees. It can take a month to 2 months maximum to have issues. If you even get them to respond to you at all. as far as benefits you do not receive any benefits until after 9 months of employment. Not consistent within the industry.
Cons
all cons
Incompetent mamagement
Supervisor piblic safety (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
Treat employees with no respect.
Constant fight to get paid without mistakes.
Full time job to watch management.
Constantly being lied to by management.
Any other company would be better to work for.
(Horrible Company )Repetitive, boring and low hours basic weekends only takes time away from family time.
Guard (Former Employee) –  Georgian Collage Owen Sound5 January 2018
Poorly managed as they are 3 hours away and for paid training is a lie you have to pay anywhere from 336$ to 1000$ for training as mental first aid baton training and handcuff training. Also pay 500$ for a protective vest. If you have a emergency no one will be able to cover your shift as yet again they are base from Toronto or Georgian Collage HQ is Barrie so your looking at 2-3 hrs for someone to come.
Pros
Cons
To much to write
Company
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 December 2017
It was a routine base job, that the better you plan out your day the easier you can execute it. Friendly people to work with that make your job easier and also someone that is there with you that you can depend on.
ok company but does not offer much hours to older guards
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2017
good for younger guards and student work
good company to work for while in school
however for older guards seems they prefer to offer only part time work only.
Cons
lack of work .. hours not enough
Great organisation of empowering people and a great learning experience for those interested in Security and Investigations
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 November 2017
Working at various sites allowed me to effectively display and demonstrate my skills and knowledge as I progress towards my goal of becoming a more high profile guard/ or supervisor.
Pros
Clean job and always work available.
Cons
Long hours and compensation is not always what you expect.
Bad bad company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2017
Security is an industry that is know to have low wages. Keeping this in mind, you can go to any security company and be paid horribly but the difference is on how the company treats you. This company will treat you like garbage, give you a hard time of you need time off and try to underpay you on every single check to see if you complain about it. If you haven't written down the hours you work they will try and argue about the hours you actually worked. Bad bad company!!!
Pros
Cons
Lots of deductions on paycheck, treats you bad, minimum wage with no raises ever
One of the worse companies out there
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Gorge brown21 August 2017
Rock bottom salary and u get treated like nothing. If u want to feel like a no integrity this company is for you. Really poor management and yes u r just a number and nothing else
Poorly run
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 July 2017
Frequent errors on pay, many ESA violations, cannot contact anyone at the office, no raises, so many deductions on pay. There is no future at this company.
Pros
The site
Always had work
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 June 2017
Low pay but good company to work for. Worked at many different sites. Training not comprehensive. Hard to get time off even in emergency situations. High turn over rate.
Good Company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2017
It is a good company to work with, I've worked with them for nearly two years and did not have any issues with them. The management is great as well, I got along with them very well.
Good and Nice Environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 April 2017
It is a great job with nice environment and all facilities.The behavior of management is very nice and friendly.Luckily no typical day till now.Job is very easy and i enjoyed it a lot.Thanks
Pros
Flexible hours
productive and learning
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 April 2017
1. got good experience.
2.came to know many new things.
3.got many security related skills.
4. got frequent chances to handle typical situations.
5. overall good experience.
Pros
good site location
Cons
not permanent
Great compny to start with
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
Great company to start with. Has room to move up. As long as you are responsible for your job company will give all kind of support.
Awesome training facilities and its all certified and free, Uniform is way better then others, great sites to work at. Way better company then some of the those other big ones where no one knows who you are.
Pros
lots of site, good pay, tons of hours.
Cons
long shift
Not a great place to work
Toronto Community Housing Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2017
Not a safe place to work, not much life outside of the job either. The most enjoyable part of the job was not knowing what one was going to encounter that day.
security
parking/ team lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2017
my job is pretty easy going I deal with students some nice some hard to go with. I love what i do so I dont make any thing get to me. If i am having a bad day I still make sure know one knows how i feel.
Great company
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 February 2017
I worked for Primary Response as a supervisor for 5 years and I really enjoyed it. the only issue I had was they don't try and hold onto good employees. they have amazing training and lots of opportunity to learn and build your resume. The upper management team I personally really got along with and have nothing but the up most respect for all of them. I would recommend Primary for anyone just getting into the security field they are a great company to start with.
Pros
Free Training
Good sites, very bad operating management
Security Guard (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
From my experience of working for Primary Response Inc. I've seen a lot of different, interesting and cool sites, examples would be colleges and entertainment centers, whoever a lot of condos, libraries, parks as well. On the other side, very low or in most cases minimum pay, long hour shifts usually starting from 8 going up to 12. 0 hours of breaks and rest. Work is mostly evening and overnight. On the positive side met a lot of experienced and professional people on the job and learned a lot. On the negative side, a lot of pay discrepancies, a lot of schedule mistakes, and very poor communication from the dispatchers and Payroll department.
Pros
Fun sites
Cons
Minimum pay, pay discrepancies, poor service
Good working atmosphere.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 February 2017
Company really appreciates the hard work which motivates. Apart from that i enjoyed working there because my supervisor was very cool. He trained me very well and because of that i was very comfortable working there.