Medical Office Assistant
Primary Care Network South Calgary – Calgary, AB
The South Calgary Primary Care Network (SCPCN) is an innovative, publicly funded health care initiative that is changing the way primary health care is delivered in Alberta. One of 41 Primary Care Networks in Alberta, the SCPCN serves the population living in the south Calgary area. The SCPCN is a group of family physicians that works with Alberta Health Services and other health professionals to coordinate the delivery of primary health care services and provide customized programs to address local needs.
Medical Office Assistant
We are seeking a motivated individual to provide administrative support for our PCN managed clinics. This individual will ensure the highest quality of customer service for our patients, immediate access to patient information for our team of health professionals and smooth and efficient operations of the clinic. This is a full-time opportunity.
- Process and triage patient visits and referrals
- Coordinate front-end processes and team collaboration
- Perform administrative and clerical duties, including reception and appointment booking/follow-up
- Process patient documentation
- Maintain patient records and filing
- Perform data entry and monthly reporting
- Medical Office Assistant course - and/or relevant experience in a medical setting
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet demands of a fast-paced, dynamic clinic environment
- Previous experience in a medical office environment within the last five years
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Electronic medical record (EMR) experience
- Ability to work in a confidential capacity with a high level of professionalism and emotional intelligence (EI)
- Ability to work well in a team environment, with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt, be flexible and work in an ever-evolving environment
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please visit our website at www.scpcn.ca for a complete description of the South Calgary Primary Care Network. E-mail your resume, indicating your name and position for which you are applying to
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. The position will remain opened until a suitable candidate has been identified.