Duties and responsibilities
As a member of the multidisciplinary team working at the SCPCN’s Health Management Clinic, the Kinesiologist/Active Living Coordinator will promote physical activity to SCPCN patients, employees, physicians and community members.
In a clinical setting, the Kinesiologist/Active Living Coordinator will promote physical activity to adults and children living with chronic disease. Responsibilities include
- Patient assessment, education, and counselling
- Development of safe and accessible exercise programs for individual patients
- Development and implementation of group exercise activities
At a community level, the Kinesiologist/Active Living Coordinator will support the development, implementation, and evaluation of an Active Living Strategy.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Kinesiology or other health services degree
- Preferably, a Level 2: CSEP Certified Exercise Physiologist
- At least two years’ related experience in patient care and in developing exercise-based treatment plans for patients living with chronic disease
- At least two years’ experience in program coordination
- Preferably, experience in primary care and/or knowledge of the primary health care system
- Knowledge of active living resources and programs in the community
- Demonstrated ability in relationship building and community engagement
- Experience with program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Proficiency with computers and technology
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), team building and interpersonal skills
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and to contribute in a multidisciplinary team setting
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work in a continuously changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to exercise professionalism, initiative, compassion, empathy, and tact
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please visit our website at www.scpcn.ca to learn more about the South Calgary Primary Care Network.
E-mail or fax your resume, indicating the position for which you are applying by end of day Wednesday, October 23, 2013.