Scope of Position
Provides Human Resources support with a focus on health and safety, and hourly recruitment. Support production lean initiatives and assists with creation and implementation of S.O.P.'s.
- Remains up to date and current with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and relevant Canadian Standards Association publications
- Resource and support to the Joint Health and Safety Committee, attend monthly meetings, assist with inspections, and set monthly and annual agendas.
- Review and assist the manufacturing lead hands and supervisors with all accident/incident investigations. Issue, track and follow up on corrective actions.
- Review, update and prepare manufacturing Safe Work Instructions. Performs Hazard and Risk Assessments as required.
- Assist with WSIB claim submissions and Early and Safe Return to Work Programs.
- Conduct safety training for Fall Arrest, Overhead Crane, LOTO, and Forklift, for authorized personnel
- Identify and prepare Annual Safety Training Needs Analysis. Facilitate Monthly Safety Presentations and annual WHMIS. Maintain up to date tracking spreadsheet for all safety related training requirements.
- Conduct Job Task Analysis, Risk Assessments and coordinate PSR requirements.
- Prepare, review and update the Pride Occupational Health and Safety Manual policies and procedures as required, including environmental and waste management.
- Document Standard Operating Procedures for all production process activities
Skills, Knowledge, Education & Experience
- Post secondary education in Human Resources with a focus on Health and Safety or equivalent working experience
- 2-3 years experience working in an HR generalist position.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and Access
- Demonstrated dynamic presentation skills, must be comfortable facilitating training to groups of 20 – 50 people
Indeed - 16 months ago
Pride Signs Limited
Pride Signs is a state of art integrated manufacturing facility specializing in exterior illuminated signage, located...