Our client has an immediate need for a senior resource to support the CIO to advance key, strategic provincial e-health initiatives.
The position will:
- Develop/edit proposals to initiate provincial e-health projects (e.g. Electronic Medical Record)
- Assist with clinician engagement on select e-health projects
- Assist with both strategic and operational planning related to the development and implementation of various enterprise and provincial solutions
- Engage directors, senior staff, officials from the Department of Health and Community Services and Regional Health Authorities to ensure that enterprise and provincial project business requirements are clearly defined and understood
- Ensure that all risks are identified and appropriate interventions occur for provincial e-health projects
- Prepare and present EHR initiatives and strategies to the Centre’s Board of Directors, senior executives and government officials
- Develop and monitor, in collaboration with the CFO, financial parameters for various enterprise and provincial solutions and ensure detailed cost benefit analyses are completed as necessary
- Lead management reporting activities
- Assist the CIO in implementation of e-health initiatives
- provide management oversight and also lead project development and capacity building initiatives in information management, information technology, security management, and access to information and privacy.
- Strong business acumen and a solid foundation in information technology, including change management and project management experience. This would be supplemented by ten (10) to fifteen (15) years progressively responsible senior managerial experience in the health care field including demonstrable experience specifically in e-health technology.
- Proven ability to produce reports and papers on policies, advocating appropriate initiatives to a senior government audience and related organizations.
- Experience in providing leadership to support a clear IT vision and then leading large-scale projects in healthcare
- A strong understanding of the e-health environment is required, particularly a NL focus.
- Significant, demonstrable experience in strategic and operational planning for large system-wide solution sets and individual solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to see the “big picture” and explain complex health related information management and technology components to lay stakeholders.
- Must be self-motivated and well organized with good time management skills enabling multiple tasks and concurrent projects. An ability to show sound judgment in balancing multiple, competing agendas is very important.
- Ability to work with stakeholders both inside and outside the organization
Indeed - 5 months ago
PricewaterhouseCoopers is a leader in technology advisory services.